Classic soda package

kywildcatfanone

So, I've been quite critical of Princess doing away with the Soda/mocktail package and melding it into one with fruit juices and smoothies and hacking the price up 40%.  But, I really don't know what are the fruit juices and smoothie options.  I looked on the onboard reservations for our upcoming cruise and didn't find details.  Can someone school me on the fruit juices available and what kind of smoothies you get (not really sure I know what a smoothie is, assuming it's blended fruit or something).  Is adding smoothies worth the price hike? 

2 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Are all the smoothie's created with Yogurt, or are there other options?  Not a big yogurt fan.  I like the idea of fruit smoothies, but can't find what all the ingredients are.

For most drinks, if they have the flavoring you want, they'll make it.

2 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Are all the smoothie's created with Yogurt, or are there other options?  Not a big yogurt fan.  I like the idea of fruit smoothies, but can't find what all the ingredients are.

I've never seen a smoothie on any of the ships I've been on (other than the small breakfast ones in the buffet that are free - and usually not great). I was wondering the same thing!

Juices are orange, cranberry, mango (though this tends to run out quickly). At breakfast they also have apple, but everytime we have asked for it outside of breakfast hours we have been told no. The juices are not fresh squeezed - they are from a carton.

• 4 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, EmilyColwell said:

Last I heard is they're only available in the Sanctuary, but would love to hear if anyone has seen them anywhere else.

I'm also curious about this - if the package includes smoothies then it would seem only fair to assume that they would be available at any bar....I'm on Royal August 3rd so will definitely be looking for them

For those of use who don't want sugar the package priced itself above what it's worth. If you only drink diet coke then the new packages are a rip off.  With the number of diabetics and low carb dieters it seems like Princess could have a soda only package again. 

• Like 2

In our experience, what they call smoothies are just non alcoholic daquiries & pina coladas.   Some bartenders use the mix base only blended with ice, others have added various fruit juices ( from concentrate) to vary the flavour.   

At breakfast in the buffet we've sometimes seen a pitcher of "smoothie" but No idea whats in it.  Also not a regularly replenished item that we've seen so once the batch is gone, its gone.     Might be something on the dining room breakfast menu but I don't know.  

37 minutes ago, infoteknerd said:

I've seen fruit juices and smoothies at the Outrigger bar on the Regal, usually Aft, behind the Horizon Court, in the past, before the new packages those were for charge. If they are included, I see the benefit there. 

Thanks - I will check it out on Royal in August. I don't usually go to that bar, so if that's where they have smoothies that may explain why I've never seen them.

54 minutes ago, cruisintoddler said:

In our experience, what they call smoothies are just non alcoholic daquiries & pina coladas.   Some bartenders use the mix base only blended with ice, others have added various fruit juices ( from concentrate) to vary the flavour.   

I thought those were the mocktails? The package lists both mocktails and smoothies....

Yea, the mocktails were included in the previous packages but not the natural juices and smoothies that you could get from the Outrigger (similar to Jamba Juice), if the new package now includes those, it would help to kinda justify a little bit of the increase. 

7 hours ago, majortom10 said:

A smoothie is a thick and creamy beverage made from pureed raw fruit, vegetables, and sometimes dairy products, typically using a blender.

Which is something I have never seen on Princess for any of the included smoothie packages.

Usually a mix with yogurt etc.

8 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Which is something I have never seen on Princess for any of the included smoothie packages.

Usually a mix with yogurt etc.

That is the correct ingredients I am sure there are other cheaper ways of doing Smoothies and no doubt Princess will have found one.

We are due to cruise on the Majestic Princess in December and this was on the website as being on this ship. I would also be interested to see a menu/price list if anyone has one.

FBCEC9F0-2CB3-4A35-84BA-BD597AE6260D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, megsie said:

We are due to cruise on the Majestic Princess in December and this was on the website as being on this ship. I would also be interested to see a menu/price list if anyone has one.

FBCEC9F0-2CB3-4A35-84BA-BD597AE6260D.jpeg

They had the juice bar on the Regal, which they debuted this past spring. Love the concept. Here's the menu.

IMG_20190724_081742.jpg