$200 Carnival Gift Card for $185 thru NEWEGG

SRQbeachgirl

2 minutes ago, Kapring said:

Public school?  LOL

OMG!! I totally brain farted- my mind compared $15 to the 10% savings on aarp, which is $10 off on a $100 card, or $20 off two $100 cards. Guess I spent a little too much time out in the sun today, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

OMG!! I totally brain farted- my mind compared $15 to the 10% savings on aarp, which is $10 off on a $100 card, or $20 off two $100 cards. Guess I spent a little too much time out in the sun today, lol

Me too! I was like, let me buy a lot of these, and realized, wait I am better off getting 10% off at AARP!

8 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Me too! I was like, let me buy a lot of these, and realized, wait I am better off getting 10% off at AARP!

I know, right?! I actually had them in my cart when I saw the post notification come up from Kapring and I was like "What? Wait a minute....I can buy $200 worth of cards for only $180 through aarp" Insert head slap

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

I know, right?! I actually had them in my cart when I saw the post notification come up from Kapring and I was like "What? Wait a minute....I can buy $200 worth of cards for only $180 through aarp" Insert head slap

I guess the $5 is the convenience of online shipping? 

17 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

I guess the $5 is the convenience of online shipping? 

That's what I was going to say. A person has to ask themselves if that immediate email delivery (not messing with shipping) is worth the difference. I can see how it would be for some. Especially if they need them quick.

Or another good reason is if they don't have an AARP rewards account right now.

Edited by Organized Chaos

Just now, BlazeButler said:

Two $100 cards. Supposed to come USPS. Shipping from Ohio to an address in Ohio.

Multiple cases of this being told on the thread about AARP cards.

Yeah. I heard that if you buy the $500 gift cards, there is a tracking number. 

10 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Yes you do get a tracking number with the $500 one, I ordered my $500 gift card last Wednesday and I recevied it by UPS yesterday.

I will just order through Allstate Rewards or AARP, but for those who do order through Newegg, make sure you go through Ebates (now called Rakuten).  Today you will only get 1% back, but sometimes it can go up in percentages.  

7 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Any order $500 & above ships UPS and they seem to have been much more reliable than the ones delivered via USPS in recent weeks. AARP is getting ready to revamp their rewards program, so I guess it's possible some of the recent troubles could be attributed to that.

Allstate & AARP used to offer the e-cards all the time, but haven't lately. I did see them on AARP back in March for a very short time, but none since. And when Allstate does have them, it's looking like they reserve them for only their customers. AARP doesn't do the same because I'm a member and still no e-cards. So these e-cards on Newegg, although not as big of a discount, are still a nice option.

There's a division of PayPal that sells gift cards on eBay. In May of 2018, they sold $100 Carnival cards for $85 a couple different times, but so far this year, they haven't repeated the sale.

13 hours ago, BlazeButler said:

Two $100 cards. Supposed to come USPS. Shipping from Ohio to an address in Ohio.

Multiple cases of this being told on the thread about AARP cards.

I ordered mine from aarp on Mon 6/3 and had them delivered USPS on Fri 6/7. I need to order a couple more to use on-board in Sept, guess I better do it sooner than later

20 hours ago, BlazeButler said:

But with AARP you might not actually receive the cards. Lot's of issues lately. Been waiting on mine for three weeks.

Never had an issue receiving my cards. Usually within a week every time.

3 hours ago, Bookbug53 said:

Never had an issue receiving my cards. Usually within a week every time.

UPS delivery? USPS? Both? A week, give or take, has been the norm ever since I've been doing this. From what I've read so far, it seems like the people who have been having delivery problems come more from cards arriving via USPS. And these problems seem like they just started about a month ago. I'm wondering if it has something to do with AARP revamping their rewards program.

On 6/24/2019 at 6:46 PM, SRQbeachgirl said:

Use promo code NEFPBQ33 at checkout. Delivery is via email and usually takes about an hour to deliver, but can take up to 24 hours. Sale ends in 6 days or when supply runs out, whichever comes first.

Darn - I just tried to order and got the following error message:  "ERROR The promo code NEFPBQ33 has been closed and is no longer active."