MDR wearing somehing orange

Billthekid

We are taking some newbies on an Alaska Cruise and as such a little nervous so they contact HAL quite often.  They were told yesterday that fleet wide there will be a celebration of their Dutch heritage in the MDR one night and to bring something Orange to wear.  I have looked for supporting information and can not find anything.  I know there is a celebration of Kings Day in the Spring, but nothing further.  Does anyone know about this? 

1 minute ago, Billthekid said:

We are taking some newbies on an Alaska Cruise and as such a little nervous so they contact HAL quite often.  They were told yesterday that fleet wide there will be a celebration of their Dutch heritage in the MDR one night and to bring something Orange to wear.  I have looked for supporting information and can not find anything.  I know there is a celebration of Kings Day in the Spring, but nothing further.  Does anyone know about this? 

There was a thread about this not long ago:

13 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

There was a thread about this not long ago:

Yes I read several post about a Orange Party and it seemed to center around Kings Day and Pup Crawls, but found nothing about the Main Dining room having a celebration of the Dutch Heritage fleet wide and wearing orange something.  So is this misinformation from HAL's agents (again) or is this something new? 

Orange Party on Maasdam was in Crow's Nest at as I recall 9:30pm whatever night it was. You don't *have* to wear orange although it's encouraged. The crew passed out orange beads and glow necklaces for those who arrived early. There were some tasty Dutch treats passed around (the cream puff was amazing). Brought people together and there was some dancing. For me it was fun. There was absolutely nothing related to the Orange Party in MDR.

We had an Orange Party on the Premier sailing of the Nieuw Statendam.  It was in the music venues on deck 2 - BB Kings, Rock Room and the Billboard spaces.  Lots of orange- Hal gave out wigs, beads, hats etc and lots of people wore all sorts of orange clothing.  It was fun.

We were on the Zuiderdam on an EB TA in April a few years ago and experienced an Orange Day (April 27) observance in the Crows Nest one morning (I think) while at sea.  The Capt. came, etc.  We also had a neat experience on the same ship as we departed Amsterdam for our next port:  they served hot toddies, etc. in the prow (Deck 3--wood deck not usually accessible to pax).  Officers were present and it was a very enjoyable experience on a lovely April evening.  [It's possible this event was limited to frequent cruisers--we're 3*.]