Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

31 minutes ago, funz69 said:

To good to be true!

Beware: if you find a too-good-to-be-true  prices  Booking it is a gamble. There are no current laws or regulations that compels a company to honor these pricing mistakes. Please read your cruise contract. Errors and mistakes are not honored especially on Alcohol. Sorry but it is stated in the cruise contract and website that they can correct, updated and change anything without notice. 

Finally someone with reason.  

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Come on.... you had to know it was incorrect and an IT issue. If they overcharged for something people would be screaming. 

Eh... as someone that works in IT, I know you take a site down to avoid customers getting a deal you did not intend instead of leaving it up for hours and letting people book.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tasm3n said:

Eh... as someone that works in IT, I know you take a site down to avoid customers getting a deal you did not intend instead of leaving it up for hours and letting people book.

And your at work 24 hours a day?  

They made a change and then most of most of the staff went home. 

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

When you have a major website, you bet you have people that can fix something 24/7.  People get paged/called/etc.  

• Like 8

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

Nope, don’t buy this. Especially when so many services are outsourced overseas and/or staffed 24/7. Not to mention the fact that RC has customers in every time zone accessing its information all hours of the day and night. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tasm3n said:

When you have a major website, you bet you have people that can fix something 24/7.  People get paged/called/etc.  

My company is much smaller than Royal Caribbean and we have at least one customer service rep, one devops engineer, one developer, and one manager on call 24x7x365, If there's a major production issue somebody will be on it within 15 minutes of the report getting in, and we'll revert the change or have a fix in within an hour at absolute worst

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tasm3n said:

I’m not sure I would classify Royals website as a “major website “. I’m guessing they contract out most of their sever and website services. It’s almost 2300 EDT. Not sure where their programmers are even located. 

Royal is covered by their contact with you to correct any and all website issues including incorrect pricing. 

2 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

My company is much smaller than Royal Caribbean and we have at least one customer service rep, one devops engineer, one developer, and one manager on call 24x7x365, If there's a major production issue somebody will be on it within 15 minutes of the report getting in, and we'll revert the change or have a fix in within an hour at absolute worst

But your not Royal who has a history of IT issues. 

If what you say is correct, then it would have been fixed within minutes. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m not sure I would classify Royals website as a “major website “. I’m guessing they contract out most of their sever and website services. It’s almost 2300 EDT. Not sure where their programmers are even located. 

Royal is covered by their contact with you to correct any and all website issues including incorrect pricing. 

The primary purchase portal for a publicly traded multi-billion dollar company with offices around the globe, over 70,000 employees, and serving over 5 million customers per year isn't a major website?

• Like 6

Right now, all my 2020 cruises from Feb 2020 through Dec 2020 are booked at the $18 rate.  Just checked and still showing the $18 rate and still all in my history.  Would be nice if they honor it, but will be shocked if it happens.  It was worth a try and will just wait and see how it all plays out.

2 minutes ago, coolio111 said:

About 5 hours later or more and it is still on the website and I was just able to book it.

If it was a mistake it should have been taken down much earlier.

Should have, would have, could have..... blah blah blah.  They cover themselves with the contract YOU AGREE to when you book a cruise, that they can and likely will correct mistakes with their online systems. 

Legally it’s easy...they’re perfectly entitled to cancel & refund. PR-wise it’s tricky.

If it were $0.18/day it would be so ridiculous that most people probably wouldn’t even bother trying to book it. While $18 is shockingly low for those of us familiar with cruise pricing, it’s not cartoonishly low. I’ve got the feeling some kid was typing 18 for gratuity percentage and it went in the wrong field. 

How they handle it will be interesting to watch. If they want to really impress this long time princess / first time RCI cruiser they’ll come back and offer a replacement package that stays 18/day but with full gratuities for the crew. I won’t judge too harshly regardless and I’ll make sure the crew is taken care of properly but it’ll be pretty lame if they just say too bad so sad and cancel/refund.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

The primary purchase portal for a publicly traded multi-billion dollar company with offices around the globe, over 70,000 employees, and serving over 5 million customers per year isn't a major website?

Their Website and IT are not. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

Just now, karena1 said:

Right now, all my 2020 cruises from Feb 2020 through Dec 2020 are booked at the $18 rate.  Just checked and still showing the $18 rate and still all in my history.  Would be nice if they honor it, but will be shocked if it happens.  It was worth a try and will just wait and see how it all plays out.

Personally I'm just hoping for a small gesture like some OBC. Having it honored would be amazing, but extremely unlikely. 

I'd probably put the odds at 90% cancel, refund, and just a verbal apology. 9% some sort of apology gesture like OBC. 1% the bookings are honored

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

I don't think anybody thinks that it can't be corrected, but I disagree with the comment that booking is a "gamble". If you book it either they honor it, in which case you get a great deal, or they refund it, in which case you are out nothing.

Basically you have everything to gain and nothing to lose

Exactly. You don't want to be kicking yourself for not jumping on the bandwagon. I can’t resist a deal. You can still cancel if it is honoured and you have buyers remorse up to 72 hours I believe before sailing. 

I understand it it was a mistake. But according to someone on this page it says it has been like this since yesterday. 

When I called to purchase it the person did say it was a mistake and they had to honor the price that is listed. 

They have allowed all of us to purchase it. Took our money and sent a confirmation. 

It it would be in poor taste to cancel. 

If they do, they are going to have a lot of angry people to deal with. This is going to be interesting to see how they handle this. 

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The Entitled Nation.....  

Somebody made a mistake....  I want, I want .....

Drink Packages have been hovering around $50 a day plus grats for a couple of years now. If $18 is not too good to be true, I don’t know what is. 

Don't be such a killjoy. We can still hope.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2