Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

12 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I missed getting the discounted price, but where are they saying they will not honor it? 

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All over Twitter, probably Facebook as well.

All of the same places that RC said that they WOULD honor it, hours ago.  😞 

• Haha 1

Well phooey. A bunch of folks on my Roll Call did purchase it for the discounted price. It seems that they should honor it. TY I should have jumped on the computer earlier today, instead of sitting outside reading. :classic_biggrin: Silly me. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, rockvixxen said:

If you put it in your cart — it checks out at the normal rate not 18 pp pd

But if you already paid for it, like I did, it shows the discounted rate of $18 per person, per night. My CP order history shows the transaction as well.  And Royal stated that drink packages begin at $18 pp pn, so...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rockvixxen said:

They said when system processes tonight it will correct and cancel all purchases of the 18 pp pd packages—I spoke with RC because I had also purchased 

they said refund would take about 3-7 days

Weird, since they also clearly stated that the price was valid.  

I sent emails to the CEO's of RCI and RCCL, as well as the Chief Marketing Officer in regards to this.  I have clients who I told about this great price, and now I look like a horrible TA.

Looking forward to not getting a response from anyone on this....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bad PR move if they cancel it for those who were lucky to purchase it at $18.00

Since it was their error they should just honor it in good faith and keep their cruisers happy.😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The Entitled Nation.....  

Somebody made a mistake....  I want, I want .....

It's not a matter of being entitled, as you are inferring here.  It's about a multi-billion dollar company making a change to a product's price, and the customers purchasing the product at that price.  Sorry that they made a mistake and are now calling it a "glitch", but the transaction was completed.  Their prices are now back to where they used to be, but RCI should honor the purchases that were made in that time frame.  If I'm entitled to anything, I'm entitled to the price I paid for that product.  The price that they had advertised for HOURS before changing it.  The price that they initially said they would be honoring.  The price that is listed as a Special Offer in the email confirmation.  The price that I told clients about, who bought it, and now I'm going to look bad when RCI cancels it.  We're all entitled to RCI owning their mistake, and letting the people who purchased at this price keep it.  

For a company with a shoddy IT history, you'd think they would proofread something like this....

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

NCL has been charging $138.60 per person for 7 day sailings for a long time, there is no reason that RCCL cannot honor that price. As someone who has sailed NCL for years I would have no reason to think $148.46 would be a “glitch”. RCCL should bite the bullet and honor the pricing that they themselves said was correct on multiple forms of social media. The company will not go broke over it.  It is fine that they made a mistake but not honoring their mistake is a much bigger mistake and will make others think twice about “jumping ship” to them in the future. Word of mouth on CC, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram go a long way. They should know that and just suck up their error.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I was hoping it was Royal math  like their biggest sale ever 60% off, $300 instant savings, up to $2500 obc.  Which the cruise you paid $1800 is now, $2600 and you get $25 in obc. 

Also real cost, a case of beer at a cost of $24 and a most fifths under $30. Making the actual alcohol cost $1 per drink, even I would have a hard time drinking 18 drinks.  My wife could easily drink 18 mudslides an hour though.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Price for Allure November 2020 TA is now up to $50. But, my order has not been cancelled yet. I had to think twice even at $18, but figured even we would break even at that, although our bar tab is never even that high. Oh well, we will see what happens. They really got themselves into a conundrum with their response that they were going to honor it. 

mac_tlc

We had to think about this, too for the very same reasons you mentioned.  At D+ we get plenty to drink - but fresh OJ, a pool drink; night cap, and coffees are a nice add-on for only $18/day.  So we do have the package in our paid cart - no cancellation this morning.  We have our confirmation.  This morning for our 11 day March Serenade cruise it is now listed in the cruise planner at $60 for Deluxe drink package and they added Voom!  

5 minutes ago, SailingSal said:

We had to think about this, too for the very same reasons you mentioned.  At D+ we get plenty to drink - but fresh OJ, a pool drink; night cap, and coffees are a nice add-on for only $18/day.  So we do have the package in our paid cart - no cancellation this morning.  We have our confirmation.  This morning for our 11 day March Serenade cruise it is now listed in the cruise planner at $60 for Deluxe drink package and they added Voom!  

No cancellation in my order history either.  Guess we'll wait and see what happens.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mommao729 said:

Still no formal announcement on what they are going to do. Hopefully they will honor the ones who purchased it already at that price. 

This should be interesting. 

I think they will just cancel.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SF said:

Bad PR move if they cancel it for those who were lucky to purchase it at $18.00

Since it was their error they should just honor it in good faith and keep their cruisers happy.😀

Agree.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cgags47 said:

It's not a matter of being entitled, as you are inferring here.  It's about a multi-billion dollar company making a change to a product's price, and the customers purchasing the product at that price.  Sorry that they made a mistake and are now calling it a "glitch", but the transaction was completed.  Their prices are now back to where they used to be, but RCI should honor the purchases that were made in that time frame.  If I'm entitled to anything, I'm entitled to the price I paid for that product.  The price that they had advertised for HOURS before changing it.  The price that they initially said they would be honoring.  The price that is listed as a Special Offer in the email confirmation.  The price that I told clients about, who bought it, and now I'm going to look bad when RCI cancels it.  We're all entitled to RCI owning their mistake, and letting the people who purchased at this price keep it.  

For a company with a shoddy IT history, you'd think they would proofread something like this....

Did you read your contract when you booked your cruise?  

I agree their IT has a history of issues and all the more reason to know this was likely a error “glitch”. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Did you read your contract when you booked your cruise?  

In agree their IT has a history of issues and all the more reason to know this was likely a error “glitch”. 

I'm aware of what the contract says, and I understand they are legally entitled to do whatever they want.  However, I don't believe it's the right thing to do to your customers.  This isn't going to bankrupt the company.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I think they will just cancel.

We booked Celebrity Oct 2019 TA on Black Friday sale  , they had one free perk on their website for a couple of hours. 

Which at first they said it was a mistake but in the end they did honour the price and we got a pretty good price and a drink package 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

We booked Celebrity Oct 2019 TA on Black Friday sale  , they had one free perk on their website for a couple of hours. 

Which at first they said it was a mistake but in the end they did honour the price and we got a pretty good price and a drink package 

Well, at least Celebrity honored the orders.  Royal is a different beast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1