Pacific Princess coming.

1 hour ago, icat2000 said:

What are her objections to the cruise. 

Cruised out she reckons with 3 next year, Majestic & Arcadia x 2.   3 months away all up, cruises, land travel.

But 2021 is another year.

I reckon I will just sneakily go and book it on Princess website.   Organise our own flights later with perhaps 4 nights post cruise in Tokyo.

Watch this space Sarah.😁  It ain't over til the fat lady sings. lol.

Edited by NSWP

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Cruised out she reckons with 3 next year, Majestic & Arcadia x 2.   3 months away all up, cruises, land travel.

I reckon I will just sneakily go and book it on Princess website.   Organise our own flights later with perhaps 4 nights post cruise in Tokyo.

I'm wondering where the ship goes after Japan. 

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Les, let Mic and I know what you are doing so we don't " let the cat out of the bag"😺 in  February!!

Edited by cheznandy

1 hour ago, icat2000 said:

I'm wondering where the ship goes after Japan. 

Probably Alaska, its around the same time as the Sun Princess we have booked Tokyo to Vancouver, May 2nd 2021 leaving Yokohama. We have booked for $1699, 17 nights, I am doubting the PP will have those prices😉

14 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Just finished paying the deposit on the cruise. Little ship here I come. 

Yay, would have loved to do that repositioning, wish Princess had of told us all when all the other Princess itineraries came out, it sure was a last minute decision, selling all those other cruises then cancelling them. 

1 hour ago, cheznandy said:

Yay, would have loved to do that repositioning, wish Princess had of told us all when all the other Princess itineraries came out, it sure was a last minute decision, selling all those other cruises then cancelling them. 

In all fairness they wouldn't have expected the ban on travel to Cuba and I guess they had to go where they could get port bookings. I'm not complaining. I'm really looking forward to the NZ cruise on Pacific. 

On 7/15/2019 at 8:54 PM, MicCanberra said:

Now there is a size comparison.

Great picture isn’t it.

Over New Year I was on that small ship. When we boarded in SAN Juan one of those large ships was beside us like in the photo. It was very surreal.

• 3 weeks later...

Grrrr! Princess have just cancelled the Dunedin port stop on the Pacific Princess NZ cruise due to "cruise ship congestion in Dunedin". They've replaced it with a stop at Timaru.

Since the main reason we do NZ cruises is to visit my brother in Dunedin we'll probably have to cancel this cruise and find an alternative. What a nuisance! 

5 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

She is the right size for Timaru . Get your brother to drive over for the day and enjoy your oysters while overlooking Caroline Bay.😉

It's too far for my brother to drive for the day, he doesn't do much driving outside of Dunedin these days due to his age and health.

Sadly we'll probably have to cancel that cruise. We're looking at perhaps doing a Cunard cruise instead.

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Grrrr! Princess have just cancelled the Dunedin port stop on the Pacific Princess NZ cruise due to "cruise ship congestion in Dunedin". They've replaced it with a stop at Timaru.

Since the main reason we do NZ cruises is to visit my brother in Dunedin we'll probably have to cancel this cruise and find an alternative. What a nuisance! 

Bummer for you.

17 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Bummer for you.

Yes, we're really disappointed. We were looking forward to visiting Stewart Island - I haven't been there since I was a teenager, and also New Plymouth as I have a friend who lives there. But since the main reason to do the NZ cruises is to see my brother we can't justify the cost without a Dunedin stop.

However it may give us a chance to try Cunard which is another bucket list item. 

59 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, we're really disappointed. We were looking forward to visiting Stewart Island - I haven't been there since I was a teenager, and also New Plymouth as I have a friend who lives there. But since the main reason to do the NZ cruises is to see my brother we can't justify the cost without a Dunedin stop.

However it may give us a chance to try Cunard which is another bucket list item. 

I got the email as well, that's a bugger not being able to see your brother.

The change doesnt bother us, have been to Dunedin before, so a new Port is ok it's Boxing Day anyway so I doubt much will be open.

We cruised on the QM2 to NZ, I think you would enjoy the Cunard experience😊

6 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I got the email as well, that's a bugger not being able to see your brother.

The change doesnt bother us, have been to Dunedin before, so a new Port is ok it's Boxing Day anyway so I doubt much will be open.

We cruised on the QM2 to NZ, I think you would enjoy the Cunard experience😊

If it been any one of the other ports it wouldn't be an issue. I'm originally from NZ and we're done a fair amount of land travel there since I moved to Sydney. 

Yes, I think we would enjoy Cunard, and we would still get the Carnival shareholders OBC on that. I'm not keen on doing any of the other Princess itineraries as all the ones from Sydney are either on Majestic or Regal and I really don't like that class of Princess ship.