Splendor Cabins

A couple of questions about the Splendor. I thought I heard or read that

the Splendor was going to be laid out the same as the Explorer. Does anybody know if this correct?

Also, we are  looking at a couple of cabins on the Splendor on deck six ( can

anybody tell us if these are desirable).  There appears to be lifeboats

directly below the cabins ( 608,609) .On our first and only Regent cruise on the

Explorer we were in 729 and just loved the cabin however it is not available

the particular sailing we are interested in.

Any input would be appreciated.

As far as I know the layout - deck plan - is the same on the Splendour as on Explorer.  What is different for some suites is the décoration.   I know the Grand Suite won't change from photos on Explorer but the PH and others will.

14 hours ago, snorkle lover said:

A couple of questions about the Splendor. I thought I heard or read that

the Splendor was going to be laid out the same as the Explorer. Does anybody know if this correct?

Also, we are  looking at a couple of cabins on the Splendor on deck six ( can

anybody tell us if these are desirable).  There appears to be lifeboats

directly below the cabins ( 608,609) .On our first and only Regent cruise on the

Explorer we were in 729 and just loved the cabin however it is not available

the particular sailing we are interested in.

Any input would be appreciated.

We have been in both 608 and 609 on previous Explorer cruises and loved them. The Tenders below are tucked into the ship and haven't been an issue with DW, who is an avid photographer. She had issues with the tenders' locations interfering with sail-in/away photos on Deck 7 Forward cabins on the Voyager and even inspected such on the Mariner for any similar problem for our 2021 WC segments (73X cabins were A. OK to her).

We are booked in 608 for Explorer in September 2019 and 609 for Splendor on Inaugural cruise in February 2020. I intend to do a Blog in February focusing on a comparison of Explorer and Splendor. I will even include photos if some CCer will be kind to instruct me how to post them - but remember how difficult it can be ..."teach an old......"

56 minutes ago, snorkle lover said:

So you did not have any problems in either 608 or 609 with noise coming up from the theatre on 

deck 5 ? My DH thought it might be of concern. Need to book soon so would love to hear back from you.

As Flossie009 suggested, take a look at SeatGuru posted on this site; I posted an evaluation there some time ago about 608 and609; as did another poster. No noise issues for us.  These cabins are well aft (by a long hallway) from being above the upper level of the theater.

We were at a Regent presentation last week where we were told that there will be one significant change in the layout on Splendor. There will be outside space attached to Coffee Connection where you will be able to enjoy your drinks etc al fresco. There were some hints that this might be retro-fitted to Explorer at some point in the future.

The colour scheme was described as 'feminine', artists impressions showed more creams, greys and pastels, while they described Explorer as 'masculine'.

Kitekat - yes, the changes that you mentioned will occur on Splendor, however, they are pretty minor (in my opinion).  Most of the big changes are to the Coffee Connection (as you mentioned), the theater, the color palette and the stairway leading down to Compass Rose.  

One thing that we will miss very much on Splendor is the Prayer Wheel outside of Pacific Rim.  I understand that it is extremely large and very heavy for a ship that is already mostly marble and granite but there is something very special about that wheel.  

I personally like the darker colors on Explorer but all of us have different preferences.  Actually, had a Regent representative told me that the colors on Explorer were "masculine" and on Splendor are "feminine" I would been taken aback.  No need to assign a gender to colors on a cruise ship - not sure what that person was thinking.

I agree Travelcat2. I think the colour scheme of Explorer (from what I've seen on photos as I haven't yet had the pleasure of cruising on her) is quite 'classic' for a cruise ship. The paler colour palette for Splendor, while I am sure will look lovely, is just following the current trend for a Scandinavian look. I hesitate to mention the furniture store which started that run, as I'm positive is will be much classier. 

3 hours ago, Boats07 said:

We are also sailing on Splendor 4/20 and would love to see some current updates with pictures!

There are "photos" on the website but it unlikely that we will see the finished (or almost finished) interior until a month or so prior to the ship being launched.

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

There are "photos" on the website but it unlikely that we will see the finished (or almost finished) interior until a month or so prior to the ship being launched.

Travelcat2, thank you for your suggestion but we have looked at the pictures out there but I guess I should have said we are anxious to see the work that has been completed so far.  We are excited for our trip!

5 hours ago, shuguley said:

I can't understand why Regent does not go ahead and post the room layouts on their web site.  We are getting close to this ship coming online so I am feel certain the layout is set.

I understand that we will probably not get interior photos until closer to the actual date of completion but that would not keep Regent from at least giving us the room layouts.  They are probably just like the layout of the suites on Explorer but it would be nice if they would confirm.

On 7/6/2019 at 6:00 PM, DeepFreeze63 said:

As Flossie009 suggested, take a look at SeatGuru posted on this site; I posted an evaluation there some time ago about 608 and609; as did another poster. No noise issues for us.  These cabins are well aft (by a long hallway) from being above the upper level of the theater.

I'm a bit confused by your post since suites 608 and 609 are forward - not aft.

13 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

I'm a bit confused by your post since suites 608 and 609 are forward - not aft.

The question that I answered was about the location of 608/609 relative to being above the upper level of the theater (and and emanating noise) - not what section of the ship they were in.

2 hours ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

The question that I answered was about the location of 608/609 relative to being above the upper level of the theater (and and emanating noise) - not what section of the ship they were in.

Sorry - I misunderstood!

On 7/17/2019 at 11:37 AM, Boats07 said:

We are also sailing on Splendor 4/20 and would love to see some current updates with pictures!

I agree we are on the 2/6 Barcelona to Miami. I would feel better to see some updates and l know that things are on schedule.

Are the cabins on Splendor larger than the same ones on Explorer? We are considering an upcoming itinerary on Splendor and the measurements listed are larger than Explorer but I thought the rooms would be the same ... anyone know enough to help confused me?!?

My understanding is that the basic template for the Splendour is the same as the Explorer, cabins / suites not changing. Let's hope they sort out the theatre though as about 30% of the seats are useless on the Explorer as they have very limited sight lines!

Whoever designed this may be an expert ship designer/ engineer but does not understand theatres and shows , where seeing the performers is the most important design brief !!