Crew on edge

Ambulady

Captain Kate will be there late Aug to get to know the ship, I believe, and takes over helm in Sept (?9th). Eddy Jenkins is the CD now - I think he started in May so may be going on vacation. I'm not sure if Damian is coming back - he was amazing!

Here is a link to Arno's latest officers, crew, staff chart:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2431903-whos-on-board-officers-staff-and-crew-part-2/?do=findComment&comment=57743594

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Personally we will never sail again on the EDGE. However the crew was awesome. I think they picked the very best from all the other ships. 

I hope the prices drop after Apex, as it will hopefully bring down prices.  There is a ship building frenzy.  I enjoyed Edge in a sky suite and have an SV booked in May!

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Captain Kate will be there late Aug to get to know the ship, I believe, and takes over helm in Sept (?9th). Eddy Jenkins is the CD now - I think he started in May so may be going on vacation. I'm not sure if Damian is coming back - he was amazing!

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2431903-whos-on-board-officers-staff-and-crew-part-2/?do=findComment&comment=57743594

Just off of the Equinox and she is one fantastic person. 

4 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I hope the prices drop after Apex, as it will hopefully bring down prices.  There is a ship building frenzy.  I enjoyed Edge in a sky suite and have an SV booked in May!

We booked it as soon as we could and the price was two thousand dollars lower than it is now for the same cabin.

Would never have paid this price now.

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

I think that Capt Kate joins the ship when we do on the 19th August but she spends a week or 2 getting to know the ship.

Thanks, that what I put together looking at Arno's thread and a Captain Kate interview. That should spice things up on the Edge! I wonder how Bug Naked will like Mr. Edge? 😉

Are you packed and ready to go?????

18 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks, that what I put together looking at Arno's thread and a Captain Kate interview. That should spice things up on the Edge! I wonder how Bug Naked will like Mr. Edge? 😉

Are you packed and ready to go?????

Hi, I think I read somewhere that she was taking her cat home before joining EDGE :-(

No not packed yet --- ha ha ha --- getting very close now so spending a lot of time checking out clips on YouTube etc !

:classic_biggrin::classic_smile:

10 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi, I think I read somewhere that she was taking her cat home before joining EDGE 😞

No not packed yet --- ha ha ha --- getting very close now so spending a lot of time checking out clips on YouTube etc !

:classic_biggrin::classic_smile:

Wow! The Edge must be too Edgy for her cat!  You probably would have found the kitty in a tree in the Haunted Forest. 😉

Where did you end up booking your special anniversary dinner?

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Wow! The Edge must be too Edgy for her cat!  You probably would have found the kitty in a tree in the Haunted Forest. 😉

Where did you end up booking your special anniversary dinner?

We booked the FCS ages ago and hope we can eat outside. We will try to see if there is any chance of eating on the MC - expensive but you only live once.

We were going to go on a tour for our anniversary but we have decided that rather than rush around we will stay on the ship (it is the first day and we have been to Sicily a number of times) and enjoy the ship while she is quiet. So looking forward to the SV cabin !!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2019 at 8:30 PM, vtcruising said:

Eddy Jenkins was the CD on the Edge last week and he was fantastic! We sailed the Edge in April as well, but we cannot recollect who the CD was back than😬. Look up Eddy's  Bio's on FB or Instagram and you will get a feel of how hilarious he can be. The whole activities & entertainment team was excellent, we enjoyed it so much more this time round, it has matured in a positive way and it's better adjusted to the guests, that's how we experienced it. Could also be that in April it was a Caribbean- and in August it was a Mediterranean-cruise, and entertainment will be customised to the audience. Whichever way, Eddy rocked literally when he was participating in the "Battle of the DJs" during a silent disco! 

Now we're looking into our next cruise and would very much like to know when he's CD on a Celebrity cruise again. Would anyone know if there's an updated schedule for next year available? 

Eddie is still the cruise director on the Edge (as of 13 days ago).  

I have no idea who the Captain is/was, except that his English is unintelligible, especially when distorted by the lousy PA system.  He did get us into every port on time, which is all I ask of the captain (and which is I never give a darn who the captain is).

Eddy Jenkins is the best.   You have to attend his last show that he does as a matinee.   It explains his take on being a CD and is hilarious.

I told him that is as as good as Ed Sullivan but not as bad.   I doubt if he knew who I was referring to.

He doesn’t try to be a Celebrity.  Does his job very well

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1