ms Noordam in Juneau July 10, 2019

Scrapnana

Noordam will be at the CT dock from 1000-2200.

Also in port are Golden Princess at the FKL dock from 0630-1700, Viking Orion tendering from 0800-1730, Grand Princess at the AJ dock from 0900-2230, and Star Princess at the AS dock from 1230-2215.

It looks like Wednesday will be the last of the nice (not rainy and/or cold) days in Juneau for at least the rest of the week.  High is forecast to be 75F/24C and the low 57F/14C.  Sunrise is at 4:07 am and sunset at 9:58 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up:  Westerdam and Amsterdam on Thursday.

Another early day, plus the last day of summer in Juneau ? I'm surprised summer lasted this long. 

I plan to be here. Maybe Noordam will beat Viking in and we'll be ahead of the panning portion of the sail-ins...Maybe...

11 hours ago, Happily@Sea said:

Another early day, plus the last day of summer in Juneau ? I'm surprised summer lasted this long. 

I plan to be here. Maybe Noordam will beat Viking in and we'll be ahead of the panning portion of the sail-ins...Maybe...

Sadly, Viking is entering the Gastineau and Noordam is pretty far.  I'm going to try to get my walk in and be back in time.

Roy

It's not panning - but today may be a bust anyway. We have fog or smoke or both giving us smog. You can't see anything. There is a shadow of what I'd guess is Princess - but that is it. 

Noordam entering Gastineau Channel.

A little clearing - but for how long?

2 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Nice and smooth in Juneau today; There's your question from last week being answered, Roy! "Tender 1 proceeding back with one agent"

Thanks.  I think I turned on the VHF just in time to hear that.

Roy

Just now, Copper10-8 said:

Anybody heard from Father Himself?

He reported back after his checkup and thought he would be here.  Might just be an earlier arrival than he expected.  I've never met him.  Is he normally a morning person?

Roy

• Thanks 1

So here's an easy pop quiz to start the morning; what was the name of the sailing vessel that appeared on the HAL house flag prior to the current one, whose vessel was it,  and what did the name mean in English?