booking specialty restaurant online

CruzinNoony

20 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

When booking a specialty restaurant online, do you pay then or will it be charged for on the ship?

Pre-booking requires pre-payment.   This has always been the case on Princess since they have started offering reservations before boarding.

If you want to pay on the ship, you have to wait and book on the ship.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rbrad3 said:

Fyi on our last cruise to new England all specialty  dinners were booked up before we got on board fyi

Perhaps so, but not every table & time is open for booking on Cruise Personalizer so there is opportunity to book on board.

7 hours ago, rbrad3 said:

Fyi on our last cruise to new England all specialty  dinners were booked up before we got on board fyi

Strange. I have always seen reservations available once on board. Without on board availability gifted specialty dining would have very limited or no value. On some cruises you have to call on boarding day as dining can fill up. 

If I absolutely, positively wanted to have a specialty dining reservation on a given day--an anniversary celebration, for example--I would book it pre-cruise and pay for it.

However, I have never been unable to get a reservation on board.  I am sure there are cases where large groups may book an entire room, but I have, yet, to run into that situation.

That being said, sometimes I have had to be flexible about the reservation time.  A few times I have been told, "I'm sorry, but we cannot accommodate you at 7:00.  Can you make it at 7:30?"

"Yes, thank you, 7:30 will be fine."

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

How far in advance can you make online reservations please? 

We never book cruises crazy-far in advance.  Mostly 6 to 9 months out.  And I have been able to book a dining reservation the instant my cruise is confirmed with whatever deposit is required.  So I can safely answer 6-9 months out.  Beyond that I don't know.

We wanted a specific itinerary on a specific date in a great cabin for a special anniversary - plus the promotion was the closer on the decision!  Now I just have that much longer to look forward to it 🙂. We are 10 months out so this is great Information to have! 

• 4 weeks later...