RCCL Diamond Plus going on Summit in Aug., need advice please!

CDLTEL

38 minutes ago, CDLTEL said:

Thank you for all the insight !!!!! We are looking to move to a more relaxing atmosphere and better service.

Can elites use the suite only area on the top deck while in port? 

Sorry, but no...  With minor exception--Zenith level Captain's Club members have full access to The Retreat Lounge [Michael's Club] regardless of stateroom category but not to the suite sundeck or to Luminae unless occupying a suite--loyalty does not provide access to the "suites only" amenities at any time... 

Edited by Xport
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CDLTEL said:

Thank you for all the insight !!!!! We are looking to move to a more relaxing atmosphere and better service.

Can elites use the suite only area on the top deck while in port? 

As others have said no access to any suite perks. However, when the ship is in port you can visit Persian Gardens once per cruise. We are not massive Persian Garden fans on M class but it may be worth a visit incase you wish to consider booking an Aqua cabin in the future...

As others have said the suite experience on Celebrity is very special...worth considering for a future cruise.

To the OP

Regarding the sailaway from the helipad-

We were on the Summit last July. This was our second cruise on Celebrity,so no loyalty level perks for us.

We were booked in a Concierge cabin.

The approach to the helipad involves moving over some high steps and climbing a set of stairs. Not a problem for us,but could be for some passengers. There are crew members along the way to assist people.

We have taken several cruises to Bermuda and usually watch sailaway from our balcony or an outside deck.

IMHO, I think watching sailaway from an aft deck is more appealing than from the helipad.  The views are more expansive from the aft and you may be in an area where shade is possible. The helipad is in full sun.

YMMV

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

As others have said no access to any suite perks. However, when the ship is in port you can visit Persian Gardens once per cruise. We are not massive Persian Garden fans on M class but it may be worth a visit incase you wish to consider booking an Aqua cabin in the future...

As others have said the suite experience on Celebrity is very special...worth considering for a future cruise.

thank you for the answer. 

Mynki

Nope, just want to maximize my experience on the Summit.  Have been on X years ago and want to know what to expect for planning my trip. I have had all types of experiences from Suite to Inside. So for what I paid, $115 a day plus port fees and drive to the port in 30 min.  UM have a nice day.

But thanks to the great X folks that helped with answer to better my experience.

Edited by CDLTEL

1 hour ago, CDLTEL said:

Mynki

Nope, just want to maximize my experience on the Summit.  Have been on X years ago and want to know what to expect for planning my trip. I have had all types of experiences from Suite to Inside. So for what I paid, $115 a day plus port fees and drive to the port in 30 min.  UM have a nice day.

But thanks to the great X folks that helped with answer to better my experience.

I know we don't consider ourselves important or special. Excellent attitude and enjoy your cruise on the Summit. Elite is a great way to start off your Celebrity cruise. A lot of nice perks. Bon Voyage...🥂

Edited by davekathy

2 hours ago, CDLTEL said:

Mynki

CDTEL

You're welcome. Don't forget that us unimportant people also quality for a free scoop of gelato too! Yes really. Check out the gelataria near Cafe Al Bacio. Remember this thread when you're enjoying yours! :classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

Elite  port day visit applies to Persian Gardens but not to  the EDGE thermal suites,  On M Class PG  area is interior but looks like it was nicely updated...hopefully  functional.  No heated loungers... just a heated bench seating area 

Edited by hcat

3 hours ago, Mynki said:

CDTEL

You're welcome. Don't forget that us unimportant people also quality for a free scoop of gelato too! Yes really. Check out the gelataria near Cafe Al Bacio. Remember this thread when you're enjoying yours! :classic_biggrin:

It is a nice perk that us unimportant people receive the complimentary scoop of gelato.  😜🍨

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

It is a nice perk that us unimportant people receive the complimentary scoop of gelato.  😜🍨

I concur. After they appeared to change the ice cream recently it's even more enjoyable, even for us lowly elites and the even less important select members. 

Is the Gelato counter still opposite Cafe Baccio or was it moved during the reno.?

We found that it has very few open hours where someone is actually there to serve the gelato.

Should I have posted this on the Summit rev thread instead`

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Is the Gelato counter still opposite Cafe Baccio or was it moved during the reno.?

We found that it has very few open hours where someone is actually there to serve the gelato.

According to Summits deck plan on Celebrity's website the Gelateria is still across from Cafe Al Bacio, deck 5, port side. 

Edited by davekathy

Not sure if it has been mentioned...Diamond Plus gets a free bag of laundry...Elite on Celebrity gets a bag of free laundry (20 or 30 pieces). 

We love both Celebrity and Royal...we think the perks are comparable...slight difference but still great.

In regards to Happy Hour, Royal is longer, often 3 1/2 hours long, compared to Celebrity's 2 hours.  However, on Celebrity, during the Elite Breakfast, you can order mimosas, bellinis, and bloody marys....and they'll also have a (one) Captain's Celebration during lunch where drinks are served. 

Celebrity also allows your cabinmate to join you during HH. Royal will not allow you inside the D lounge unless you are Diamond or above. Royal and Celebrity are the same having unlimited drinks in respective lounges.  The difference is: Royal "only" gives Diamonds a 3-drink voucher (on seapass card) to use at most bars, whereas Celebrity is unlimited outside of the lounge.  (Ok, I may have to start attending "Friends of Bill W.")😎

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hcat said:

True - Is the affogato still on the menu? If so just order one of those from an Al Bachio barista and tell them to hold the espresso. 😉