Shadowmeboy's Norwegian Dawn Canada/New England Pictorial Review

shadowmeboy

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Thank you ,Matthew and to  Susan for the interesting reviews,videos and photos of your event cruise and travels . I realize the time ,effort and talent it takes to put all of it together. It seems that your visit to the NYC metro area and New England was at a time when the late June,early temps were beginning to rise. July was one of the hottest on record !

Has the infection in your leg healed ?

It must have had an impact on your recent travels as it is not something easily dealt with,especially away from the comforts of home. But,you seemed to soldier through many of the excursions and events. Hope your upcoming Alaskan cruise is a bit easier for you.

Wishing you both good health and many more Bon voyages !

It was really good weather for the most part; comfortable, for the most part.

yes, my leg has healed up. After I got home I got put on another round of antibiotics and the leg was wrapped in a unicast for 2 weeks changed every 2-3 days. A little swelling in the upper leg still but it is healed up!

When we left for Arizona and the Southwest it was healed, I just had to keep it moisturized which was hard in the desert. It limited me a little, mainly from just getting wore out faster as it was healing inside still. Even on the cruise I tried to power through as much as I could. I would come back and take a hour and a half nap on the cruise.

thank you very much!

11 hours ago, warb said:

Wow !! What a Review. Thank You !!  I live in Springfield Mass. Area.  You have seen more

of New England , than I have. Had Chills & sorrow looking at 911 Photos. Amazing photos.

Photos of Statue of Liberty never get "Old". I have done the Dawn to Bermuda, also some

great NCL Jewel  Canadian cruises. Your Area of Country looks beautiful. What did you think

of New England ?    Thanks for taking the time  to do this.

Thank you for reading and enjoying! I am glad you enjoyed the photos. 

New England was not as I expected. I expected more urban sprawl and not as many hills and trees. I was pleasantly surprised. Our neck of the woods is very beautiful and I appreciate it everyday.

your welcome! I love doing these reviews and as long as people get things out of them I will continue!

On 8/29/2019 at 8:30 AM, kbklcamp said:

Thank you so much for another fantastic review.  I enjoyed it so much and have had the chance to watch most of the vlogs.  Looking forward to the last three.  Your cruise wall looks wonderful!

You are very welcome! Glad you liked them!

I know, and it will get better as it fills in with more cruises!

2019083016364955--3908753975936659808-IM

Here is the most up-to-date picture of the wall. We added all the knickknacks we had packed in our house move and acquired on our two summer trips? Any guesses on what is new? The binders hold all our hard copies of photo package prints we have bought plus some of my favorite pictures from each of the cruises! The binders are behind still, I have been busy!

18 minutes ago, kbklcamp said:

I love the platter!  Did you get it in Cozumel?  I have some pretty good plates and bowl, but kinda jealous of the platter.  From where are the two prints or photographs?

The platter we got at the market in Mazatlan on our Mexican Riviera Cruise in December 2017. The picture to the right is a panorama of Hubbard Glacier we took standing on deck 6 of the Norwegian Sun in 2016. The same picture is the one on my channel intro for YouTube where it has the entire word Shadowmeboy. The left is a painting my mother painted of the lighthouse in Mukilteo Washington. The Washington State Ferry dock is 100 yards away from the lighthouse. 

Always a pleasure to read of your travels, and goodness, such a treat to get a bonus cruise! I must say, though, as a fellow teacher, I would NOT want my hubby to get to take a cruise while I’m home teaching! 😆 So glad your leg is healed and you could get medical care while on your trip! Look forward to your next one!

1 hour ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Always a pleasure to read of your travels, and goodness, such a treat to get a bonus cruise! I must say, though, as a fellow teacher, I would NOT want my hubby to get to take a cruise while I’m home teaching! 😆 So glad your leg is healed and you could get medical care while on your trip! Look forward to your next one!

Thank you for reading and following along I appreciate it.

part of why I was able to be released to go was 1. It is a ship we sailed together before; 2. An itinerary we have sailed before; 3. She knew I needed some relaxation time after this summer. I work in a grocery store in a tourist town that gets hot with a big lake, so summers are 2.5x busier than our winters. I more often than not worked 6 or 7 days each week, and my off day was our errands day together. I definitely appreciate her letting me go to get my “whale time” she calls it. Plus I have a list of items I must return from Alaska with! Items include: mint fudge from the Alaska Fudge Company; A 2020 Alaska calendar; this bourbon maple syrup we bought in the Yukon last time we were up there; plus door prize giveaways for our Meet & Greet on the Jewel in June!

i am definitely glad I was able to get the healing started in Halifax!. I would have not had a good time at all if we hadn’t.

Susan rolled her eyes on Saturday when I started my instagram Alaska picture countdown to the cruise. 22 days of pictures/videos from Alaska to countdown to Alaska! 

Thank you again, and sorry we reply was so long!

Matthew

Thanks for another great review, Matthew. You certainly packed a lot in after your cruise! I'm looking forward to another Alaska review, too. My youngest son brought us some birch syrup from the Yukon this summer. It was good and your shopping list syrup sounds good, too. 😃

Heather

10 hours ago, shadowmeboy said:

Thank you for reading and following along I appreciate it.

part of why I was able to be released to go was 1. It is a ship we sailed together before; 2. An itinerary we have sailed before; 3. She knew I needed some relaxation time after this summer. I work in a grocery store in a tourist town that gets hot with a big lake, so summers are 2.5x busier than our winters. I more often than not worked 6 or 7 days each week, and my off day was our errands day together. I definitely appreciate her letting me go to get my “whale time” she calls it. Plus I have a list of items I must return from Alaska with! Items include: mint fudge from the Alaska Fudge Company; A 2020 Alaska calendar; this bourbon maple syrup we bought in the Yukon last time we were up there; plus door prize giveaways for our Meet & Greet on the Jewel in June!

i am definitely glad I was able to get the healing started in Halifax!. I would have not had a good time at all if we hadn’t.

Susan rolled her eyes on Saturday when I started my instagram Alaska picture countdown to the cruise. 22 days of pictures/videos from Alaska to countdown to Alaska! 

Thank you again, and sorry we reply was so long!

Matthew

That makes a lot of sense; you need that cruise! I totally get needing to bring back goodies, and Susan can look forward to those at least. It’s fun in travels to discover items you love and can start to amass each time you go there. For us, it’s maple creme cookies from the ship or Vancouver, lemon candies from the Amalfi Coast, and Caramels from London. ☺️ 

Don’t apologize for a long post; you’re always nice to respond genuinely to your readers. 👍 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 5:26 AM, shadowmeboy said:

Plus I have a list of items I must return from Alaska with! Items include: mint fudge from the Alaska Fudge Company; A 2020 Alaska calendar; this bourbon maple syrup we bought in the Yukon last time we were up there; plus door prize giveaways for our Meet & Greet on the Jewel in June!

NOW I get why Susan is letting you go without her!  (Ok, and you working your tail off all summer.)  I do think a pampering basket full of stuff that she loves while you're gone would go over very nicely (hint, hint).

Anyway, glad your leg is better, glad the summer season is winding down for you, and greatly looking forward to your trip report for this next adventure!

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 11:03 AM, SenatorsFan said:

Thanks for another great review, Matthew. You certainly packed a lot in after your cruise! I'm looking forward to another Alaska review, too. My youngest son brought us some birch syrup from the Yukon this summer. It was good and your shopping list syrup sounds good, too. 😃

Heather

I am excited to film the Bliss this time and Alaska! 

The bourbon Maple syrup was Devine, but it went so fast. I bet that Birch syrup was really good.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 2:24 PM, cruisequeen4ever said:

. For us, it’s maple creme cookies from the ship or Vancouver, lemon candies from the Amalfi Coast, and Caramels from London. ☺️ 

Those sound delish! In Vancouver, we get little Maple Sugar candies. One is more than enough. the shop we get them at is 3 blocks from the cruise terminal the in Vancouver!

IMG_1995-L.jpg

On 9/2/2019 at 3:40 PM, purpleally said:

Can you share how the door prize giveaway works at your meet and greets?

thanks

We bring along raffle tickets and give everyone one when they arrive to the Meet & Greet, then draw it as a fun giveaway. sometime they will be a prize for an activity as wel!

13 hours ago, LeesaB said:

NOW I get why Susan is letting you go without her!  (Ok, and you working your tail off all summer.)  I do think a pampering basket full of stuff that she loves while you're gone would go over very nicely (hint, hint).

Anyway, glad your leg is better, glad the summer season is winding down for you, and greatly looking forward to your trip report for this next adventure!

I may or may not be getting a Christmas present or two for her on this trip. I know where one of her favorite shops in Juneau is.

Basket isn't a bad thought either, I will ponder on that!

18 hours ago, tampadee said:

Thank you so much for your review!

My husband and I are going on a week long cruise on the Dawn out of Tampa in November.  I was especially interested because we have a suite also!

Dee Dee

You are very welcome.

Susan and I want to sail out of Tampa sometime. My sister lives in Largo, so we would have a place to stay and transportation to/from the airport. Oh, I also get to see her!

If you have any additional questions please let me know!