IJmuiden Shuttle Buses

cloudsong14

3 minutes ago, snaefell said:

I would be suggesting that the answer to that is YES!

I can only imagine that some people just don't have the time but Trip Advisor forums too often have people asking if they can walk to their Liverpool hotel from the Belfast-Liverpool ferry terminal,ask what there is to do for a day around where their cruise ship berths in Holyhead,or asks my Wife in the hotel she works in in the centre of Chester for walking directions to Cheshire Oaks which is about 8 miles away in another town!

Some people really do not do any planning,sadly that is a fact!

I don't know whether to feel sorry for them or not? 

Do you think anybody gets off the cruise ship in Zebrugge and expects to walk to Brugge? 

Perhaps a fairly short ferry trip is viewed differently to a cruise, I just don't know. 

People often ask these questions here, but sensibly before they go, not when they get off the ship. 

Andy

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I don't know whether to feel sorry for them or not? 

Do you think anybody gets off the cruise ship in Zebrugge and expects to walk to Brugge? 

Perhaps a fairly short ferry trip is viewed differently to a cruise, I just don't know. 

People often ask these questions here, but sensibly before they go, not when they get off the ship. 

Andy

I am always amazed how people don’t look into at least the basics. When we visited Amsterdam on a P&O cruise we had a brilliant time. It was a day and a half stop and one woman was loudly complaining it was a ‘rip off’ that we didn’t have two full days. I said it was clear on the website ‘leaves early afternoon ‘ and she demanded to know when I’d booked (think she thought it had changed nearer the time) She didn’t know what to say when I said I’d booked a year in advance!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

If you didnt cruise on cruise lines that were economical with the truth on where the ship actually docks compared to what they advertise you wouldnt do many cruises.

You are correct but them misleading potential passengers is not. 

55 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

If you didnt cruise on cruise lines that were economical with the truth on where the ship actually docks compared to what they advertise you wouldnt do many cruises.

If cruise lines had to be totally truthful with perspective passengers about anything then they would be in trouble. How many brochures show pictures of suites predominately when there are only two per ship. How many brochures show passengers working down empty corridors. 

To to be fair sometimes travel agents rewrite cruise line information. Late afternoon day one to early morning day two becomes two days. This may not be intentional but the cruise line should take responsibility for how agents sell their cruises. 

A travel agent for years sent brochures explaining traditional dining on a British budget cruise line using photographs taken in the QE2 Queens Grill.  Tableside flambé is certainly not a feature of this good value line. 

Best wishes, Stephen. 

50 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

You are correct but them misleading potential passengers is not. 

I think it is the US cruise lines that are most at fault in this, if in fact you can call it a fault.  Most Americans have a poor understanding of European geography which is probably why they highlight the nearest major city to the port of call. So you get Paris, from Le Havre, Berlin, from Warnemunde, Rome, from Civitavecchia  etc.

Seen it many times,people who just book something in a brochure,somewhere the Travel Agent has suggested,just pay the money & turn up,it was first really bought home to me on a charter flight from the UK to Los Angeles some years ago,we deplaned for refuelling at Bangor,Maine & while chatting to people over a drink realised that so many had no idea what they were heading into,most thought they would be taken to their hotels by bus ,many had no idea how big LA is,some didn't seem that sure where they were going,but the cold fact was at the end of the flight they were going to be given the keys to a car & left to get on with it at near midnight in LA,shocked quite a few of them.