Ultimate Ship Tour Gifts

denmarks

1 hour ago, Bextra1256 said:

For those who don’t want the gifts as they have “been there done that”. How about not signing up for it?  They may be someone else who hasn’t done the tour and wants too but it was full.  

That shouldn't be a problem. People seem to be rushing on-board the ship to sign up for the tour.

With gifts or not. 

9 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It's still unnecessary junk no matter how you look at it, except for the impossibly small robe. ( I've got a few) 

Reduce the price & probably triple the number of takers.

Again, like Bextra said, then don't sign up if you don't like the gifts. There are plenty of takers already rushing to sign up for the Chef's Table and the Ultimate Ship's Tour. As for the staff being gracious on the ship tour and in your words : "they'd better, it's their job", on other cruise lines, they aren't always so gracious, they treat it like it's a huge disruption in their day, which it probably is, but on Princess, you wouldn't know it by how they act.

Again, if you don't like the gifts, quit signing up, and let those who enjoy it do it.🙄😏

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Again, like Bextra said, then don't sign up if you don't like the gifts. There are plenty of takers already rushing to sign up for the Chef's Table and the Ultimate Ship's Tour. As for the staff being gracious on the ship tour and in your words : "they'd better, it's their job", on other cruise lines, they aren't always so gracious, they treat it like it's a huge disruption in their day, which it probably is, but on Princess, you wouldn't know it by how they act.

Again, if you don't like the gifts, quit signing up, and let those who enjoy it do it.🙄😏

Crew members who don't appear to "like their job" are often found on other cruise lines a few years later. If you have a problem with a crew member the worst thing you can do to them is complain on one of their forms.

Thankfully most appear to be happy in what they're doing.

People are free do sign up for all the activities and all I was saying is that eliminating all the so called gifts & lowering the price to something more reasonable would result in even more profits.

If you actually look at the value of their "gifts" there not of all that great dollar value. 

Enjoy. :classic_rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Crew members who don't appear to "like their job" are often found on other cruise lines a few years later. If you have a problem with a crew member the worst thing you can do to them is complain on one of their forms.

Thankfully most appear to be happy in what they're doing.

People are free do sign up for all the activities and all I was saying is that eliminating all the so called gifts & lowering the price to something more reasonable would result in even more profits.

If you actually look at the value of their "gifts" there not of all that great dollar value. 

Enjoy. :classic_rolleyes:

It's not necessarily the dollar value to some of us, but the memories that they make...kind of like the photo packages and the vow renewals. Every time I put on my Princess robe or my Princess apron, I remember the cruise that went with it; every time I look at the pictures from our vow renewal and other cruise pictures in the digital frame, it takes me back. The next cruise, I will gladly pay for those things again to make more memories (plus we'll need new robes by then)...absolutely priceless💕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

The next cruise, I will gladly pay for those things again to make more memories (plus we'll need new robes by then)

Yea, those cheap robes do wear out quickly. 

When we did the tour, the staff members were all very gracious. They were excited to be able to talk about their jobs, especially some of the ones who don't ordinarily interact with passengers. The member of the cruise director's staff who was leading us on the tour actually had another member to help him get us away from some of the staff members who wanted to talk a little longer than their allotted time.

44 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Yea, those cheap robes do wear out quickly. 

Nope, completely not my point. They aren't cheaply made at all. We got them in November of 2017, have worn them every day ; by the time we cruise it will have been three years. I think that is a decent amount of time for a robe. They have held up well, fit us great (DH is 6'2; I'm 5'2, so it goes to the floor on me), and again, bring back great memories when we wear them. We can also use the older robes at our summer home in Italy.

Princess is to be commended for their Ultimate Ship Tour being at the top of its class as far as ship tours go (and we've been on several).

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Nope, completely not my point. They aren't cheaply made at all. We got them in November of 2017, have worn them every day ; by the time we cruise it will have been three years. I think that is a decent amount of time for a robe. They have held up well, fit us great (DH is 6'2; I'm 5'2, so it goes to the floor on me), and again, bring back great memories when we wear them. We can also use the older robes at our summer home in Italy.

Princess is to be commended for their Ultimate Ship Tour being at the top of its class as far as ship tours go (and we've been on several).

They're meant to take a beating in those super hot Princess washers & not for comfort. They're probably the least comfortable of all my robes.

I would much prefer the tour to be cheaper and come without the "stuff" as well. I'm much more interested in being immersed in an experience than collecting momentos of it to remember it later (if it's a great experience, I will remember it later anyway). I would love to do the tour, but I will never justify paying the price for it, given I have neither the space in my baggage or the space at home to store the loot. But, like everything in cruise life, to each their own!

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

They're meant to take a beating in those super hot Princess washers & not for comfort. They're probably the least comfortable of all my robes.

Okay, no matter what I say, you will come back with a complaint. Not sure why you cruise Princess...

I love the tour, love the robe, love Princess, peace out Miss P

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dump the house,  sell your belongings, and just live full time on a ship.   No worries about excessive junk.  All the food you can eat, entertainment, medical,  housekeeping, laundry service, Stewart 24/7, etc.   you will have all you need.  Living on a ship is cheaper than you living in an assisted living facility.  And you will happily die on your ship with burial at sea. 😁

Enjoy.

On 7/13/2019 at 10:13 AM, MissP22 said:

Try downsizing to a Florida home & you'll learn that in a hurry. :classic_rolleyes:

On 7/13/2019 at 10:09 AM, zalusky said:

We just did it on the Royal.  I enjoyed the tour but the robes are just sitting there in the bags in our closet.  The stationary got dumped.  We gave the picture frames back to reduce packing weight.   I appreciate their effort here but at some point you have all you need.

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Dump the house,  sell your belongings, and just live full time on a ship.   No worries about excessive junk.  All the food you can eat, entertainment, medical,  housekeeping, laundry service, Stewart 24/7, etc.   you will have all you need.  Living on a ship is cheaper than you living in an assisted living facility.  And you will happily die on your ship with burial at sea. 😁

Enjoy.

Are you ever living in a dream world. 😄LOL

10 hours ago, Bazandgiz said:

I would much prefer the tour to be cheaper and come without the "stuff" as well. I'm much more interested in being immersed in an experience than collecting momentos of it to remember it later (if it's a great experience, I will remember it later anyway). I would love to do the tour, but I will never justify paying the price for it, given I have neither the space in my baggage or the space at home to store the loot. But, like everything in cruise life, to each their own!

There are a few of us who do see the actual value in all the free "gifts". 

On 7/13/2019 at 10:13 AM, MissP22 said:

Try downsizing to a Florida home & you'll learn that in a hurry. :classic_rolleyes:

Off Topic: one of the best things kids do when they move out is to take their entire room with them. 😊👍

Thanks, @Expat Cruiser! I was going to do it in July but now will wait until my downunder cruise

How small is the robe? The one I usually get is plenty large. Is it the same size?

Edited by Ombud

20 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I went to tip one awesome guy in IC. Stated a kind written note was best. (He was more gracious in how he phrased it). So that's what I do now. On my next cruise I found out that he was moved from IC to Explorers Lounge with a new contract and most appreciative. 

Someone on a Roll Call (Lucy) says she buys them a token gift at Dollar Tree. Still think a positive note is better for all crew members. 

Back on topic: Although the gift / souvenirs appear ok I wish they'd give us something more like just the trivet tiles on HAL. (Overshopped & broke a suitcase on my last cruise -- thank you note to engineers & purser for fixing it)

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

I went to tip one awesome guy in IC. Stated a kind written note was best. (He was more gracious in how he phrased it). So that's what I do now. On my next cruise I found out that he was moved from IC to Explorers Lounge with a new contract and most appreciative. 

Someone on a Roll Call (Lucy) says she buys them a token gift at Dollar Tree. Still think a positive note is better for all crew members. 

Back on topic: Although the gift / souvenirs appear ok I wish they'd give us something more like just the trivet tiles on HAL. (Overshopped & broke a suitcase on my last cruise -- thank you note to engineers & purser for fixing it)

We alway turn in good comment cards on the ship as well as bring gifts for all the crew member we get to know. 

I was told the cabin stewards on some ships get a 1/2 day off work for so many good comment cards and they don't even have to be from people in their section in order to count. I wonder how a bad report card is counted?

Did the UST on the Caribbean Princess on the June 29, 2019 cruise. The gifts were:

Robe

Apron

Personalized Pad

Various group photos

2 thin photo albums

Princess bag to hold it all

Note: I hesitate to call them photo albums. They are hard covers, with loose photo pages.

3 minutes ago, richmke said:

Did the UST on the Caribbean Princess on the June 29, 2019 cruise. The gifts were:

Robe

Apron

Personalized Pad

Various group photos

2 thin photo albums

Princess bag to hold it all

Note: I hesitate to call them photo albums. They are hard covers, with loose photo pages.

Plus a bottle of champagne.

• Like 1

For a long time, I wanted to do an Ultimate Ship's Tour so was happy when DD joined me on an Alaskan cruise on the Island Princess and we quickly signed up when we boarded.   The gifts were a lovely perk even if we did basically pay for them.   They are a wonderful remembrance of a time spent with my daughter.  The only item we didn't receive was the personalized paper pad which I would have liked, but not really complaining.   While I thought our photographer was rather impatient, and probably didn't want to accompany us, the rest of the crew were wonderful and did an excellent job.  It truly was fascinating to be able to stand on the bridge and see some of the inner workings of the ship.  Would highly recommend doing a UST.

Sandy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Plus a bottle of champagne.

I didn't get a bottle. But the tour did end at the Skywalker Night Club, where they served Nicolas Feuillatte champagne, Reserve Exclusive Brut. I am not usually a champagne fan (tend to be too dry for my taste), but the Nicolas Feuillatte is quite good.

Edited by richmke

8 minutes ago, silver1 said:

Hi, please can anyone tell me where we sign up for the Ultimate Tour when we get onboard? Many thanks

At the passenger services desk. They will add your name to the list, and you will receive an invite if you were in the top numbers to take the tour (I think it is around 20 people)

• Thanks 1

Just now, flutprop said:

At the passenger services desk. They will add your name to the list, and you will receive an invite if you were in the top numbers to take the tour (I think it is around 20 people)

Fabulous, thank you.  Do you know what the cost is please?