Ultimate Ship Tour Gifts

denmarks

I remember many years ago everyone on the Ultimate Ship Tour received a plush robe, a chefs jacket, photos of the tour, and a personalized pad of paper as gifts. When I went the first time I received a waffle robe, a beach towel, a chefs jacket, photos, and a personalized pad of paper. On my second and last tour I received the waffle robe, a picture frame, photos, and personalized pad of paper. I may have left out some items. What have been the latest gifts?

Ours was 18 months ago on the Regal Princess: waffle robe, personalized pad, picture frame, photos at many of the stops along the way, apron, and fabric bag.

Edited by geoherb

When we took the Ultimate Ship's Tour in May 2018 on the Grand Princess, the gifts were

-Robe

-picture frame

-personalized note pad

-apron

-picture of our entire group on the bridge

it was all delivered to our room in a Princess bag

It all definitely took up room in our bags going home!

We just did it on the Royal.  I enjoyed the tour but the robes are just sitting there in the bags in our closet.  The stationary got dumped.  We gave the picture frames back to reduce packing weight.   I appreciate their effort here but at some point you have all you need.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zalusky said:

We just did it on the Royal.  I enjoyed the tour but the robes are just sitting there in the bags in our closet.  The stationary got dumped.  We gave the picture frames back to reduce packing weight.   I appreciate their effort here but at some point you have all you need.

Try downsizing to a Florida home & you'll learn that in a hurry. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2

The one time we did the tour, we had driven to Fort Lauderdale. I'm not sure how people who have to fly home manage all the things unless they packed really light initially. I wouldn't mind doing the tour again. It would be great if they offered a reduced price for those of us who don't need another robe--just like it would be nice to do another chef's table at a reduced price and skip the cookbook.

Edited by geoherb

1 hour ago, zalusky said:

Too funny.

I did the UST on the Emerald Princess a year and a half ago.  When the swag was delivered to our cabin, I told my wife that the only worthwhile thing was the pad of paper.  I was fine if we just left everything in the room when we disembarked.  She disagreed with that idea.  We drove to the port, and, so, did not have to pack it all.  We were able to carry it off in the provided tote bag.

When I go to the coffee shop in the morning, Mrs. XBGuy will, occasionally, h ave a little list of things for me to pick up at the grocery store.  The sheets from the UST pad are just the right size.

However, we are getting to the bottom of the pad.  We do have a cruise scheduled on the Royal Princess in September.  Maybe I'll do the UST so that I can get another pad.

😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

The one time we did the tour, we had driven to Fort Lauderdale. I'm not sure how people who have to fly home manage all the things unless they packed really light initially. I wouldn't mind doing the tour again. It would be great if they offered a reduced price for those of us who don't need another robe--just like it would be nice to do another chef's table at a reduced price and skip the cookbook.

Reduced price for no booze. I agree, a reduced price for no cookbook would be nice.

We got the cookbook, I looked through it and gave it away. There was absolutely nothing that I wanted to spend time and $$ making. Way too off the chart. I'll eat it if someone else cooks it (like on a ship or in a restaurant) but I'm not gonna do it.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Too funny.

I did the UST on the Emerald Princess a year and a half ago.  When the swag was delivered to our cabin, I told my wife that the only worthwhile thing was the pad of paper.  I was fine if we just left everything in the room when we disembarked.  She disagreed with that idea.  We drove to the port, and, so, did not have to pack it all.  We were able to carry it off in the provided tote bag.

When I go to the coffee shop in the morning, Mrs. XBGuy will, occasionally, h ave a little list of things for me to pick up at the grocery store.  The sheets from the UST pad are just the right size.

However, we are getting to the bottom of the pad.  We do have a cruise scheduled on the Royal Princess in September.  Maybe I'll do the UST so that I can get another pad.

😉

You are too funny...I love it!!!

3 hours ago, zalusky said:

If you need to make space in your closet, I'll help you by taking the robes off your hands 😉😍

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Reduced price for no booze. I agree, a reduced price for no cookbook would be nice.

We got the cookbook, I looked through it and gave it away. There was absolutely nothing that I wanted to spend time and $$ making. Way too off the chart. I'll eat it if someone else cooks it (like on a ship or in a restaurant) but I'm not gonna do it.

How about they keep all their junk & reduce the price to $50. :classic_wink:

• Like 1

From March 2019 Sun Princess Robe, BBQ Apron, Picture Frame, Pictures, 2 Princess Bags, Note Pad, Princess Pen. Since it was a Australian Currency cruise we paid in AUD  at $175 each, (USD$123)  so better deal than the US Currency cruises at USD$150.00

20190318_212023.jpg

Edited by Expat Cruise

9 hours ago, jwattle said:

If you need to make space in your closet, I'll help you by taking the robes off your hands 😉😍

My friend Jwattle,

You will love your free robes when you take your cruise on The Rowboat. 😁

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

4861E072-9CF2-43E4-9177-F63FF9051282.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

My friend Jwattle,

You will love your free robes when you take your cruise on The Rowboat.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Those are my absolute favorite!😍😍😍

18 hours ago, MissP22 said:

How about they keep all their junk & reduce the price to $50. :classic_wink:

Or maybe we appreciate the time and effort that they take to make it special for people and quit b****ing about it, hmm???

Let's try a bit of putting a positive spin on it, like the cruise line does...at the current price, with the gifts that they give, it ISN'T a money maker, and their staff doesn't treat it like the pain that other cruise lines staff seem to do...quite the opposite, the staff on Princess is very gracious as we go through, taking chunks of their day. 

I get that a lot of you have "been there, done that" with the Chef's Table and the Ultimate Ship's Tour, and are blase about the gifts, so you want to get a price reduction and not get the swag, but that isn't what the Tour and the Table are supposed to be about...

Edited by jwattle
Type-o
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

Or maybe we appreciate the time and effort that they take to make it special for people and quit b****ing about it, hmm???

Let's try a bit of putting a positive spin on it, like the cruise line does...at the current price, with the gifts that they give, it ISN'T a money maker, and their staff doesn't treat it like the pain that other cruise lines staff seem to do...quite the opposite, the staff on Princess is very gracious as we go through, taking chunks of their day. 

They had better- IT'S THEIR JOB.

I get that a lot of you have "been there, done that" with the Chef's Table and the Ultimate Ship's Tour, and are blase about the gifts, so you want to get a price reduction and not get the swag, but that isn't what the Tour and the Table are supposed to be about...

It's still unnecessary junk no matter how you look at it, except for the impossibly small robe. ( I've got a few) 

Reduce the price & probably triple the number of takers.