NCL Epic - 250 internet promo upgrade to unlimited ?

ginaf

I just called  ncl to upgrade my 250 free promo perk to the unlimited package for our epic cruise.  Online,  the 250 minutes is $105..unlimited $206.50.  I purchased the social media package for $87.50 but doing the math the unlimited is definitely worth it.  According to the agent i just spoke to , this is not possible...and yet I read on these boards it is.  Should I just wait until onboard to switch and get the prorated price.   And then cancel my social media package?  To add more confusion  two of us are platinum and with that we get another 60 minutes free . Is this still an option or did ncl stop doing this?

Wait till you are on board and do the conversion - and that conversion should net you $125.00 credit.

Have any free promo minutes burn those immediately upon boarding and do the conversion on the

2nd day of the cruise.

If you have followed the previous posts/threads on this - fine - if not check with the Internet Café manager

on board the ship on the first day to do this with the best benefit to your communications and wallet !

It is easy and if you are computer savvy you can do this on any device anywhere on the ship after logging in. 

On the Escape- I upgraded my 250 minutes to the premium for around $100 or so more - note they will try to upsell you on a version with streaming- to be honest I had already downed 4 dark and stormys the 1st hour so went along with it.

On the Escape it opened at 2 so I went there first thing- note if you go again on cruise your login changes.

Can you just cancel the social media package now beforehand? - then do the upgrade on the ship.

My DW and I were on the Escape 7 Day sailing to Bermuda this past May. We had the 250 minute perk. The onboard price to upgrade to unlimited was $85.00 on sail away day and $55 on day 2. We waited until the first full sea day to upgrade.

Thank you so much everyone! I cancel the social media and I’ll upgrade on day 2 .  I’m assuming I can do this on my own without going to Internet cafe correct?

26 minutes ago, ginaf said:

Thank you so much everyone! I cancel the social media and I’ll upgrade on day 2 .  I’m assuming I can do this on my own without going to Internet cafe correct?

Yes.  I did the same thing on the Bliss in April with no issue, it was all online.

• 2 months later...
On 7/13/2019 at 11:20 PM, Harratine said:

We just got off the Dawn where we upgraded from the WiFi package to unlimited for $59.80 on day 2.  We are platinum as well, so the 60 minutes may have helped with price.

Did you have the 250 min Promo or just the 60 minutes (2x) platinum perk?

We will sail in November 2019 and we also have the platinum minutes. It would be great if we could use these, to upgrade to an unlimited package on board.

6 hours ago, sfxthx said:

Did you have the 250 min Promo or just the 60 minutes (2x) platinum perk?

We will sail in November 2019 and we also have the platinum minutes. It would be great if we could use these, to upgrade to an unlimited package on board.

You can use either the 250 free at sea minutes or your platinum minutes as credit toward an unlimited package (not both). Since the Take All 5 promotion has been running for a while, most people have the 250 minutes which provides a $125 credit toward an unlimited package. 

sort of confusing.  We are platinum and also have 250 package as part of our perks.  On a 12 day cruise out of Singapore.   

So It appears we can use the 250 package as credit toward unlimited price, but not the platinum minutes as well.

Can I 1) get this done with NCL before boarding so I don't have to go to the Internet desk.  Or  2) need to wait til on board but do it all on line and not to internet desk, Or 3) have to visit internet desk to get the Unlimited reduced price due to my 250 minute package?    I have seen LONG, SLOW lines at internet desk and probably will not get on the ship until 2 or 3pm.

Thanks for the info.