NCL Theme Buffets

Vmalcolm

Recently I cruised for the first time in years with NCL on the Joy to Alaska. Every night in the Garden Buffet they offered a different theme for the food. One night they would have seafood, Asian, Mexican, or a barbecue/cookout buffet, etc.

I just booked a seven day cruise on the Norwegian Sun out of Port Canaveral and was wondering if these theme buffets are offered on all ships. They were wonderful!

Thanks for any info.

I certainly cannot confirm what will be offered on the Sun when you sail, but I can share that I have been on other NCL cruises that offered nightly specials on the buffet. 

Edited by Nola26

My favorites from an Escape cruise to the Caribbean this past winter:  a Hunan duck carving station; unlimited iced, peeled shrimp and mussels on seafood night; and a whole, snout-to-tail hog on a spit carving station one day for lunch.  I also thought some of the Indian dishes were very flavorful.  

On 7/15/2019 at 4:30 AM, dexddd said:

My favorite is "American" night.

American Night ???!!! What...Cheese Burgers and Fries or Mac and Cheese, then American Night, is at McDonalds, every day and night ???!!!😂😂

Edited by rick160158

2 minutes ago, Goldconnection said:

The seafood night is a joke.

It was good on the Escape. No you're not getting lobster, but there are piles and piles of pretty good quality cocktail shrimp, muscles, grilled salmon. I was impressed. It felt like a rare instance of NCL just saying "screw it, lets spend some money here to make the guests feel a little special." 

Contrast that with seafood night on the Getaway, which did feel like something they were doing grudgingly. Fishy shrimp you had to peel and de-vein yourself...like they wanted you to eat as few of them as possible. 

The Jade had BBQ night in the buffet on the last night of our last cruise on her. Everything was

extremely tough and chewy except for the minute steak. I would stick to that.

In contrast the Pearl and Gem had several special BBQ's on deck on sea days that were

excellent.