Soda

smootsdce

Does NCL enforce the policy of no bringing cans of soda onboard? (specifically for the Sky) Thank you for your assistance as I am typically a Royal Caribbean cruiser and do not know much about this cruise line. 

Thank you. I was wondering if they would let you bring on a 12 pack as well. Royal will let you, but wasn't sure if NCL did. I can see where you could smuggle liquor into a bottle but the cans would be impossible. 

On embarkation day the security is OFF ship and it (water alcohol sodas) will not pass.

Wine a different procedure - corkage fees applicable.

However after clearing security if there are vendor machines available it is possible to bring a few pops on board.

At port calls during the cruise - security is done on board the ship and again water alcohol sodas will not pass.

Drink it up or empty out the bottle - - -

You can bring empty bottles on board to refill with ships water and or Buffet juices.

Some over zealous security guards try to restrict the empties - call them out this is not right !

Depends on the port for security on the ship.  We left NYC and stopped in Port Canaveral and the security was at the main entrance of the building.  You were able to get soda at the vending machine and bring it on the ship.  I assume since Port Canaveral is a normal embarkation port that is why but for us it was just a stop.  

38 minutes ago, Paphillyguy said:

Depends on the port for security on the ship.  We left NYC and stopped in Port Canaveral and the security was at the main entrance of the building.  You were able to get soda at the vending machine and bring it on the ship.  I assume since Port Canaveral is a normal embarkation port that is why but for us it was just a stop.  

There's actually a vendor inside the terminal (past security) in NY as well where you can purchase and bring them on board.

Like airports, these locations are in the secured zone and thus are allowed to bring on board 

6 hours ago, smootsdce said:

Does NCL enforce the policy of no bringing cans of soda onboard? (specifically for the Sky) Thank you for your assistance as I am typically a Royal Caribbean cruiser and do not know much about this cruise line. 

No. You can not bring soda or water on board. The answer above was incorrect. 

There is sometimes a soda machine in the terminal selling over priced soda and water. 

D8D48E62-4A16-4520-BCB9-56B43792D0AC.jpeg

After security you purchase a small discrete amount of pop and conceal it in your carry on.

OK

Now talk about emptying the vending machine that is going to raise eyebrows and you may have

just as well as thrown cash down the drain - perhaps unlikely have it confiscated until the end of the cruise.

But the signage is there as posted above by BirdTravels - don't push your luck !

With security on ship at a port of call you are not going to get away with this. 

The answer to the OP question is on the NCL website. Why can't people just read the FAQ section then come here if they can't find it?

This question has been asked a million times in here. Why can't people scroll down before asking the same question.

Sorry to rant but this site has become exhausting.