Hampton Inn Brickell Miami

fire Lt.

I have a cruise booked for February 8, 2020.   I usually stay at the Doubletree on Biscayne Blvd but it is booked up already.   I like it there as everything is right there in the hotel.   Several places to eat, bars, and even a store that sells almost anything you need including liquor and beer.

I am considering the Hampton Inn.  Can someone who has stayed there please give me an idea of what is close?

Thanks so much in advance for your assistance!!!!!!

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell last November and was very pleased.  Many restaurants within walking distance.  We took their shuttle to the port just for the convenience.

The area felt very safe and clean.

There are a ton of things close. You have two Publix grocery stores within walking distances, CVS, Walgreens, liquor stores, restaurants, bars, banks.  Brickell City Centre is a a few blocks away with tons of great shopping, restaurants and movie theater.  

https://www.brickellcitycentre.com

A metromover station is close by, the metro rail is close by and the trolley stops are close by. 

It's a great location!  I live in the immediate area and do enjoy it here.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

Was just there June 29- July 1. As a long time Hilton Diamond, it is one of the best Hamptons I have ever stayed at. You can see my TripAdvisor review under "BruceS". Lots of good stuff in the area, lots of transport options without getting a car. Has a shuttle to the port.

Hampton Inn Brickell is in the dead center heart of Miami. Everything you need is a few blocks away. If you think there is a lot of stuff close by to the Doubletree it does not come close to comparing to the amount of shops, restaurants, bars etc.. close by to Hampton Inn. Much better location in terms of walkability than the Doubletree. 

Edited by Flymia

Thanks so much for  all the help everyone....it is much appreciated!!!!  I just booked the Hampton....excited to try something different.   There is not a lot to do at the Doubletree so I may like this even better from all of your posts.

19 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

https://www.brickellcitycentre.com

A metromover station is close by, the metro rail is close by and the trolley stops are close by. 

I have never stayed in Miami before.  We might have 1/2 day for the trolley.

I have used the trolley in Ft Lauderdale many times.

Ft Lauderdale is the Sun Trolley.  What is Miami trolley called?

Is it like Ft Lauderdale trolley where you wave it down?

Is there more than 1 route?

Cost? Is there a senior rate?

Edited by phabric

10 minutes ago, phabric said:

I have never stayed in Miami before.  We might have 1/2 day for the trolley.

I have used the trolley in Ft Lauderdale many times.

Ft Lauderdale is the Sun Trolley.  What is Miami trolley called?

Is it like Ft Lauderdale trolley where you wave it down?

Is there more than 1 route?

Cost? Is there a senior rate?

The trolley is free and there are a few routes with stops.  

Here is the website with lots of information on it.

https://www.miamigov.com/Services/Transportation/Get-Trolley-Information-Schedules-and-Maps

4 hours ago, fire Lt. said:

Thanks so much for  all the help everyone....it is much appreciated!!!!  I just booked the Hampton....excited to try something different.   There is not a lot to do at the Doubletree so I may like this even better from all of your posts.

Glad you picked it.  You will really enjoy our area and the hotel!

19 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

The trolley is free and there are a few routes with stops.  

Here is the website with lots of information on it.

https://www.miamigov.com/Services/Transportation/Get-Trolley-Information-Schedules-and-Maps

After posting, I found their website. Thanks for posting it.

We will be very tired after our early flight.  I think we would probably take the trolley to see Miami since we like the Ft Lauderdale trolley and used it daily it while we were there. We would just take Miami trolley around without getting off then back to the hotel and find a place for dinner.

I am planning on staying at Hampton Inn Brickell..  Miami trolley looks like they have trolley stops not like the Sun Trolley where you just wave them down.

Is there any stop near the Hampton Inn?

Not knowing Miami is there a route that you would recommend to see some of Miami sights?

Edited by phabric

25 minutes ago, phabric said:

I am planning on staying at Hampton Inn Brickell..  Miami trolley looks like they have trolley stops not like the Sun Trolley where you just wave them down.

Not knowing Miami is there a route that you would recommend to see some of Miami sights?

Which route you take...there are 4 or 5...will depend on  what you want to see.

You can't just flag the trolley down. About 3 blocks west of the Hampton there is the Brickell Transit station, were just about all transit in the area stops. Depending on  the route you need, the Trolly stops either on the east, or west side of the Transit station. A look at Google Maps will show a lot. We usued it when we were there in later June...very easy to us. There is a place on the Trolly website so you can see each stop, and where the trollys are on the routes.

Not hard to figure out. We did it all on our own.

50 minutes ago, phabric said:

when you come out  of the hotel turn left walk to the corner with the lights  turn right  across the road there is  the Trolley stop & the metro mover station  ..less than a five minute walk from the hotel