Large Balcony room or mini suite with regular balcony on Escape?

I have only sailed in balconies or Haven, but I thought the mini suites were about the same size as a regular balcony room but the extra footage was in the bathroom, which includes a tub.

I know others here are more knowledgeable so they will correct me if mistaken.

All equal, I would do the large balcony.  You get nothing extra being in in a mini suite, with exception of maybe a tub.

Generally speaking we prefer the larger balcony. If you were sailing on Breakaway or Getaway it would be a no brainer as the standard balconies are much smaller depth wise than Escape. My assumption is NCL realized their mistake and corrected it after Getaway.

The large balcony cabins on Escape are located on deck 9 forward. This location is convenient to the main theater, the brewhouse and the atrium but a hike to the aft locations. The balcony itself will be partially exposed to balcony cabins above and will be sunny and hot on warm weather itineraries when facing the sun. 

The mini-suite has the same size balcony as a standard balcony cabin but you can book a location mid-ship. If you book higher up you can have more shade due to the overhang from the pool/buffet deck. You also have a slightly larger cabin with a much bigger bathroom.

It really comes down to when and where you will be sailing and how you plan to spend your time. For the same price we would go either way depending on itinerary.

The Large balcony rooms are on deck 8 forward so be prepared for a long hike to the elevator. We had the large balcony mini suite on the breakaway . Room was the same size as a regular balcony but the balcony was huge. The escape regular balcony rooms have a slightly larger balcony then on the breakaway. I would go with the aft if its available its the best.

I have a large forward balcony. I'm a bit worried about people throwing/dropping things from above onto our balcony, is this an unreasonable fear? I just noticed that half the balcony is exposed to x amount of floors above. Also, does 70ft really feel that much bigger than 30 something ft? I'm having a hard time imagining it.

Also, at this level (deck 9 forward) do you really feel the rocking? My boyfriend has a hard time with motion sickness. 

16 minutes ago, kayhil3 said:

Room was the same size as a regular balcony but the balcony was huge. The escape regular balcony rooms have a slightly larger balcony then on the breakaway.

Do you know if you have to request 2 loungers and 2 chairs, or are they usually set up that way.

In our last three cruises we have only had fore and aft suites or a large balcony. On our next cruise it will be large balcony on the Encore. I like to have room for a lounger and as far as I know only suites and large balconies have this. 

5 hours ago, Cariot said:

I have a large forward balcony. I'm a bit worried about people throwing/dropping things from above onto our balcony, is this an unreasonable fear? I just noticed that half the balcony is exposed to x amount of floors above. Also, does 70ft really feel that much bigger than 30 something ft? I'm having a hard time imagining it.

Also, at this level (deck 9 forward) do you really feel the rocking? My boyfriend has a hard time with motion sickness. 

Dropping what exactly? It’s a cruise ship, people are generally pretty well-behaved—it isn’t Lord of the Flies out there. I think you’re worrying too much. 🤣 Go enjoy your vacation! 

We had an aft balcony one time and it was gigantic, covered, and spectacular. Never did a large on the side of the ship. 

Motion tends to be less on lower decks, but go to the pharmacy and pack some Bonine if you’re worried about it—people swear by it here. I’ve never had a problem with motion sickness.

We have loved Large Balcony, Aft Balcony and will be trying our first M6 (Mini Suite with Large balcony) in November.   For the two of us, the larger balcony is totally worth it.   If they only had one lounger, just ask your steward for a 2nd lounger.   Usually already two loungers on those larger balconies but one time we had to request a 2nd one.   The 70 sq ft Large Balcony is a decent size and we didn't have anyone above us drop anything on our balcony🌞