Adventure Ocean Question

We will be cruising with DD who is 5. It will be our first time using the Adventure Ocean program. I imagine that she will spend quite a bit of time in there. Is it customary to tip the workers? Will they have the same attendants for the duration of the trip? 

*I know tipping can be a hot button topic. I am just not sure what to expect and I want to plan accordingly.

Thanks!

We do ... the staff is wonderful....I believe they share the tip's. They are professionals a small group that rotates their shifts so more than likely your child will see them all. 

We just put our gratuity in an envelope to the staff (names if you know them) with our child's name on it and cabin #... and give it to them on the last day/night/time we pick up our child.

Edited by Ashland

When our kids were younger, and in Adventure Ocean, we tipped the staff. This was back in the day when they used to hand out envelopes to tip the staff. There were several Adventure Ocean staff members that interacted with our kids. If I remember correctly, we wrote "A.O. staff" or something similar on the envelope.

2 hours ago, cb at sea said:

If you want to, you can.  The kid's club employees are not "service employees"...they are trained and don't rely on tips, unlike your wait staff and room attendants.

Wait staff and room attendants aren't trained?

1 hour ago, cello56 said:

All staff in Adventure Ocean have at least a four year university degree in Childcare or recreation. 

And that is their only job onboard...as I said above they are a group of professionals. Wasn't sure a four year degree was needed. I thought it was a certain number of college degree credits in this field.