My Time Dining

I'm seeing that it is recommended to reserve a specific time prior to the cruise.  We will be sailing on the Radiance in November to New Zealand.  I have no idea of when shows usually occur to even have an idea of when I'd like to dine.   Can anyone let me know in general when are the big shows in the theater?   

A recent cruise compass for Radiance has traditional dining times as 5.30pm and 8pm with the shows at 6.30pm and 8.30pm. Except for first evening when there is one show around 9.45pm and a late night mid-cruise showtime of 10.15pm.

If you reserve your times in advance and then once on board you find there is a clash, you can usually adjust the timings to suit. 

Edited by icsys

Has anyone had any experience doing MTD with a larger group?  We have 16 people and would prefer a 6:30ish dining time but so far they are saying with that size we would have to dine at 5:30 or 8:00.  I would think they could still do two tables of 8 with MTD but I'm really not sure how it all works.  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, brucefan21 said:

Has anyone had any experience doing MTD with a larger group?  We have 16 people and would prefer a 6:30ish dining time but so far they are saying with that size we would have to dine at 5:30 or 8:00.  I would think they could still do two tables of 8 with MTD but I'm really not sure how it all works.  Thanks!

All you can do is go to the MTD desk as soon as you board and see what they can arrange.

Unless you MUST have MTD, traditional would work best for such a large group.  MTD is like a restaurant....so larger parties are more difficult to seat.  With Traditional seating, your tables would be waiting for you, and there would be no confusion about what time you're eating tonight!  That's why they suggested traditional seating...to make it easier for you and them.

• Like 1

Just now, blueridgemama said:

I just saw a video of a woman on SOS who had 8pm reservations for MTD and she reported having to wait over 20 minutes for their table (this was a formal night) Is it usual to have to wait that long even with reservations?

Varies, sometimes it does take that long.

33 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Is it usual to have to wait that long even with reservations?

Happens quite often without reservation......🙄

We had a lady at "our" table that started reading each night after the main course and just forgott about the time once she finished the dessert....she kept reading her book delaying our dinner...each night more.....after the 3rd time I went over there and told her...she is screwing up the whole dining room by occupying the table dor 3 hours reading....🙄👎

Even the hostess joked they should serve her dinner in the library…!🤣😂

23 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

I just saw a video of a woman on SOS who had 8pm reservations for MTD and she reported having to wait over 20 minutes for their table (this was a formal night) Is it usual to have to wait that long even with reservations?

It can depend on the ship also.  I have heard of more issues like this on the larger ships.

We sail on Grandeur (one of the smallest ones in RCI fleet) and never have had to wait even 5 minutes, without a reservation.  Same with the specialty restaurants.  Walk up, be seated.