Just back from Sensation 7/15, a few thoughts and a lot of pics

TxTeach79

17 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

IMG_8378.thumb.jpeg.79b9f08cae8de8c2f0ea2d25535f6cd2.jpeg

IMG_8379.thumb.jpeg.fe667f983ab5e4e0cd4cc40d50f74e57.jpeg

Morning! Grand Turk day... late 11am arrival, so it's a leisurely morning onboard.

IMG_8384.thumb.jpeg.6c5de03fb7d7e006146495b18947267d.jpeg

AF08EEBC-BAE8-4CAB-B287-C5FA57C4E4EF.thumb.jpg.602dc3180917fc3976429b8f46fb56f7.jpg

556C2654-2FF0-4F34-99A8-1E3F5B2D2157.thumb.jpg.58ec8a7b440a40411b2e536491dccc0e.jpg

Arepa and Huevos Rancheros from Blue's.... on point

Fell in love with this when on the Dream!  With the exception of one morning, ate at Blue!  Can't wait until September

• Like 1

Fantastic pictures! I was on her last year. Everything you get to see and experience for this 5 day, affordable cruise, you can't beat it! Thanks for taking me back to some great memories instead of telling us you found a bit of rust, lines were long, and all of the other nonsense.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cairns Cruisers said:

Wonderful review I feel relaxed just reading through your review.

Question, The Mini Mule-a-thon for $20.95 was that covered with Cheers?

Been wondering if the Alchemy Martini tasting is Cheers covered also?

Good question. I'm sorry I don't have better info, I didn't actually do the tasting, just snapped a pic of the menu. Maybe someone else can help??

Wow, I was on the Sensation in 2013, so your review brought back many fun memories.  Even though it was before it got all the Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades.  The ports were different though: Freeport and Nassau.  I did a Bahamian cooking class and a military history tour, respectively.  I also met lots of fun people, and we hung out together for much of the cruise.  Good times!

I look forward to my next cruise.  I know the Inspiration already has most of the Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades, at least the ones Fantasy class ships have room for.

• Like 1

Oh my, it is 2:19AM (got on the computer about 30 minutes as I could not sleep), and I just found your Carnival Sensation review, with the many pictures, which I am enjoying!  To top this, I see you have a Port Hole room too.  I have never been on the Sensation (been cruising over 25 years on various cruise lines, and all size ships), and am planning on 8 of us going on it (haven't booked it as yet) the end of March (from Kansas City, MO and have to make sure the weather is have way decent to get fly out), or the first part of April.  We have never stayed in Miami, so we might fly in one day early, since the cruise is 5 days.  I understand the beach, etc. is close by the port, so that is the plans at this time.🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cairns Cruisers said:

Wonderful review I feel relaxed just reading through your review.

Question, The Mini Mule-a-thon for $20.95 was that covered with Cheers?

Been wondering if the Alchemy Martini tasting is Cheers covered also?

I have not done the Mule a thon but the Alchemy Martini tasting is not covered.

• Like 1

Nice review; glad you posted. Sensation is still a great ship but she doesn't get a lot of attention anymore as many reviewers feel only the bigger, newer, pricier ships are worthy. Meanwhile something like 20,000 people are onboard Fantasy class ships on any given day having the vacation of their lives! 

• Like 1

Thanks guys!! It was great fun going back and looking at the pictures again. It's amazing how a great cruise goes by in the blink of an eye!!! Time to start planning the next one; and i definitely wouldn't hesitate doing it on a Fantasy class ship if the cruise is right.

• Like 1

Awesome review. Thanks for posting all the pics. We're  on the Sensation for Sept 28th sailing to Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk, probably the same itinerary as you. Love the Fantasy Class also. This will be our 3rd Fantasy Class cruise. DW is so excited after looking at all the pics. Thanks again !

• Like 2

As I posted earlier, I noticed you had the Port hold room, which I'm hoping I can get 4 rooms like that.  My question, was there just one hole, or two?  I know I have seen it both ways.  I believe you mentioned that it rocks quite a bit because these rooms are at the front of the ship.  Would we be better getting a lower deck, than on the 3 or 4th deck?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beshears said:

As I posted earlier, I noticed you had the Port hold room, which I'm hoping I can get 4 rooms like that.  My question, was there just one hole, or two?  I know I have seen it both ways.  I believe you mentioned that it rocks quite a bit because these rooms are at the front of the ship.  Would we be better getting a lower deck, than on the 3 or 4th deck?

Every picture I have seen on the Sensation shows two portholes in each of those cabins.  You can kind of see this by looking at the ship from the outside - the portholes are the far front cabins on several different decks and the portholes are in close pairs for each room.  

Deck 4, Riviera, is the lowest passenger/stateroom deck. The conventional wisdom is the lower, the less movement. 

KmomChicago, thank you for your input to my question.  I was thinking there were two, but wasn't for sure of the port holes in the room.

Yes, I was thinking, as you advise, the lower the deck less movement we would feel.  I know I have no problem with movement like this on a ship, as I have done the WHOLE 9 yards down through the years, but since my family has cruised very little, I don't want them to be sick, and not be able to enjoy the cruise.

3 hours ago, beshears said:

KmomChicago, thank you for your input to my question.  I was thinking there were two, but wasn't for sure of the port holes in the room.

Yes, I was thinking, as you advise, the lower the deck less movement we would feel.  I know I have no problem with movement like this on a ship, as I have done the WHOLE 9 yards down through the years, but since my family has cruised very little, I don't want them to be sick, and not be able to enjoy the cruise.

Why porthole rooms rather than outside cabins? They are only a bit more expensive - just a larger window but otherwise pretty much the same room.  You could get midship outsides on Deck 4 which should be quieter, nearer to elevators, and have less movement.

On 7/22/2019 at 3:19 PM, TxTeach79 said:

IMG_8226.thumb.jpeg.fa3ab21e24c07a4399fbffacadb7a059.jpeg

IMG_8228.thumb.jpeg.4239347c72bf55d1444ef85967813406.jpeg

IMG_8235.thumb.jpeg.3735dcf829bcf1ddc861bde435bcd932.jpeg

Geniuses. 

IMG_8221.mov 29.45 MB · 5 downloads  

Great photos of Half Moon Cay.  We were there way back in 2011 and the weather was just as gorgeous as shown here in your pictures.  The water on HMC is just wonderful.  Thanks for posting all your wonderful photos. I'm really enjoying your review.

• Like 2

The reason I picked the Port Hole rooms was that my family had never had a room with windows like that, and "I" think they are cute. I am also paying for everyone, so that makes a difference to me.  Anyone can get a room with a picture window, which reminds me of a window at home, only the scenery is different.

• Like 2