Edge 4 MDR's: Have Any Recent Cruisers Experienced Two Different Exclusives Menus?

vtcruising

The 4 Edge MDR menus have 3 parts - the first 2 parts are the same as all other X ships: Classics (Shrimp Cocktail, Escargots, Caesar Salad, Grilled Sirloin, Broiled Salmon, etc) and the Celebrity Exclusives (the regular 14 night X menu that changes nightly - 14 day total) and in addition the Edge MDR's have a fixed Exclusives menu that has regional items for each restaurant (3 starters, 3 entrees and 1 dessert). The Exclusives have stayed the same every night, but back in April, in an interview, Celebrity stated that when the Edge went to the Med they would start having 2 different Exclusive menus - one for the beginning of the cruise and a different one at the end.

"Expanded options are also coming to the menus in the ship's four main dining rooms. The menus share a common "Classics" section, but each also boasts a list of options specific to that venue: Cosmopolitan (American), Cyprus (Greek), Tuscan (Italian) and Normandie (French). When the ship begins its Mediterranean season, the current menu will be available for half of each sailing, and a second menu will be rolled out for the other half, offering completely different exclusive items."

Has anyone who has been on a recent Edge cruise seen the second Exclusive (regional) menus in the MDR's? The menus are below (with the one original Exclusive Menu on the first menu). As we have another Edge cruise and a couple of Apex cruises booked in SV's, I am hoping they will add second choices later in the cruise.

Cosmo Rest dinner.pdfNormandie Dinner.pdfCyprus Dinner.pdfTuscan Dinner.pdf

Cosmo Desserts.pdfNormandie Dessert.pdfTuscan Dessert.pdf

Cyprus Dessert.pdf

Edited by vtcruising

Just off a B2B - did Blu the first week but MDRs the second week. I’m pretty certain we didn’t see different exclusives - because we went to Eden and I did a Chef’s tour and dinner in Palma the only restaurant I repeated was Cyprus and it was definitely the same  exclusives (night 3 and night 6). 

Wendy

1 minute ago, wendyam76 said:

Just off a B2B - did Blu the first week but MDRs the second week. I’m pretty certain we didn’t see different exclusives - because we went to Eden and I did a Chef’s tour and dinner in Palma the only restaurant I repeated was Cyprus and it was definitely the same  exclusives (night 3 and night 6). 

Wendy

Thanks! I may write to the dining contact and ask. Maybe it is a work in progress or maybe they will roll it out on the Apex?

• Like 1

I will say I absolutely loved the 4 MDR concept - last few cruises we’ve either been in Blu or just done a mix of buffet and speciality restaurants. On Edge Class I’d be happy to go back to the MDRs - just find them too noisy on the other ships. 

Wendy

• Like 1

A question that is just a little off topic but I'm confident someone on this thread (VTcruising?) can easily answer it:  We booked our December 2019 Edge cruise last week.  We've been assigned Fixed Late Dining.  Can someone tell me how the MDR assignments are made?  Can the MDR be changed if you're unhappy with the assignment?   

Thanks in advance.

15 minutes ago, baggal said:

A question that is just a little off topic but I'm confident someone on this thread (VTcruising?) can easily answer it:  We booked our December 2019 Edge cruise last week.  We've been assigned Fixed Late Dining.  Can someone tell me how the MDR assignments are made?  Can the MDR be changed if you're unhappy with the assignment?   

Thanks in advance.

You will receive an assignment in your cabin when you arrive. If you don't like your assignment, you should head to Cosmopolitan (there should be someone there) immediately and see if you can change. It sounds like people have been able to try other MDRs during the cruise (if they have availability).

If you prefer Select Dining or Traditional Early Dining, you can call Celebrity or have your TA call, to be put on the wait list and head for the MDRs when you board to see if you got your choice.

They have this email listed in the Edge Dining FAQs to contact them about requesting a specific dining room for Traditional Dining. It's worth a try. 🙂  CelebrityDining@celebrity.com

Edge Dining FAQs:

EDGE_Culinary_Reveal_FAQS_2_22.pdf

Edited by vtcruising

Vtcruising, , thanks for asking about this.  I was about to post the same question.  We are booked on the 4/20 TA and have reserved the 4 MDRs for the 1st 7 nights.  I was hoping the 2nd set of the exclusive menu’s would be available by now. 

Joan

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vtcruising said:

You will receive an assignment in your cabin when you arrive. If you don't like your assignment, you should head to Cosmopolitan (there should be someone there) immediately and see if you can change. It sounds like people have been able to try other MDRs during the cruise (if they have availability).

If you prefer Select Dining or Traditional Early Dining, you can call Celebrity or have your TA call, to be put on the wait list and head for the MDRs when you board to see if you got your choice.

They have this email listed in the Edge Dining FAQs to contact them about requesting a specific dining room for Traditional Dining. It's worth a try. 🙂  CelebrityDining@celebrity.com

Edge Dining FAQs:

EDGE_Culinary_Reveal_FAQS_2_22.pdf 232.4 kB · 1 download

VTcruising,

Thanks for the detailed response.  We are already wait-listed for Select Dining, our preference, so we'll see what happens.

The attachment is very helpful.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

We were in a suite- but twice went to the new MDR.  They were beautiful and the food very good.  If you get select- rotate it is like eating in a new specialty restaurant daily.  We also tried a few specialty restaurants.  Love Qsine le petite chef-a fun and very good dinner, and the steak house was also great- sit near a window if possible.  Eden was horrible- Very disappointing- Avitar meets sesame street and food awful.  Going on edge again next year, will skip Eden of course! Heard however, lunch was nice, but didn't try it. We also went upstairs to the rooftop garden.  It was much to sunny, windy and hot so we passed.  Too bad as we really love the lawn grill on the Silhouette and Reflection.  Perhaps they will enclose it and make it airconditioned if people complain and do not use it.  Went to view the edge elevator restaurant-forgot the name- but the menu wasn't appealing to my DH who likes "meat and potatoes" not seafood.  I probably would have like it!

Enjoyed Lumanie- but really for breakfast and lunch.  

Edited by Cruise a holic

3 hours ago, baggal said:

VTcruising,

Thanks for the detailed response.  We are already wait-listed for Select Dining, our preference, so we'll see what happens.

The attachment is very helpful.  Thanks again.

Just curious, you said December 2019, is it over the actual holidays or earlier in Dec? I understand if you don’t feel comfortable answering .

I only ask because we Recently booked Edge , requested Select and got it - I was almost certain we would be waitlisted, our cruise is over Valentine’s Day, which just happened, not a deliberate choice... did you use a TA? 

I ask because we have had bad luck on other cruise lines with dining requests, ask for a particular time - get the exact opposite! We have had much better luck with Celebrity, and booking with a TA seems to help in my unscientific survey.

4 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Just curious, you said December 2019, is it over the actual holidays or earlier in Dec? I understand if you don’t feel comfortable answering .

I only ask because we Recently booked Edge , requested Select and got it - I was almost certain we would be waitlisted, our cruise is over Valentine’s Day, which just happened, not a deliberate choice... did you use a TA? 

I ask because we have had bad luck on other cruise lines with dining requests, ask for a particular time - get the exact opposite! We have had much better luck with Celebrity, and booking with a TA seems to help in my unscientific survey.

Its December 8th which is the "Special" Movable Feast cruise featuring celebrity chef Marcus Samuelson (and someone else I think).  The promotional materials are publicizing special menus, events, etc. so I expect that many people would prefer Select Dining for this particular cruise.  We chose this week because our anniversary falls within the cruise and I thought it would be fun to have extra activities around the ship.  Actually, I would be happy to stay with Traditional Dining except early seating is a little too early and late seating is a little too late.  Princess switched their late seating to 7:15 but that would mean having to sail on Princess, which I definitely avoid.  

Cruising on Edge is definitely a learning curve.  I have time to read some more to decide which of the 4 MDRs we would prefer if given a choice and Select is closed to us.

Thanks again.

2 hours ago, baggal said:

Its December 8th which is the "Special" Movable Feast cruise featuring celebrity chef Marcus Samuelson (and someone else I think).  The promotional materials are publicizing special menus, events, etc. so I expect that many people would prefer Select Dining for this particular cruise.  We chose this week because our anniversary falls within the cruise and I thought it would be fun to have extra activities around the ship.  Actually, I would be happy to stay with Traditional Dining except early seating is a little too early and late seating is a little too late.  Princess switched their late seating to 7:15 but that would mean having to sail on Princess, which I definitely avoid.  

Cruising on Edge is definitely a learning curve.  I have time to read some more to decide which of the 4 MDRs we would prefer if given a choice and Select is closed to us.

Thanks again.

Did you see this poll?   It may give you some info to help choose one of the 4, if needed.

I would bet you are correct about this cruise having a lot of Select diners so that they can better work around any special events. If it were me, I would board early and head right to the MDRs to ask for Select Dining, if you haven't already gotten it before you cruise. Since other people will be doing the same, the earlier you get there the better. It should be a great cruise - I looked at going on that one too because of the Movable Feast. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

14 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Did you see this poll?   It may give you some info to help choose one of the 4, if needed.

Thanks for the link.  Yes, we plan to board as early as possible. And now for more questions:  is breakfast and lunch served only in 1 MDR or does it change daily?  We're in an IV cabin so I think that would be our only option besides the buffet.

Thanks again. 

14 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I would bet you are correct about this cruise having a lot of Select diners so that they can better work around any special events. If it were me, I would board early and head right to the MDRs to ask for Select Dining, if you haven't already gotten it before you cruise. Since other people will be doing the same, the earlier you get there the better. It should be a great cruise - I looked at going on that one too because of the Movable Feast. 🙂

On our cruise in Jan, the mdr lunch was in Cosmo daily.  We went twice.

Service was prompt  and food  was  very good .

Can get crowded  with a bit of a noisy din, esp on iffy weather days but we enjoyed it . We had a cozy corner table for  2, and  also  one closer to the window..can't recall if it was shared...

We did not have breakfast in MDR ....we were in BLU,  and also  tried the Elite breakfast in Tuscan and the buffet. Wanted to try EDEN cafe but missed it.