Options for Storing Luggage Somewhere Else in Ship

non

Is it possible to ask our steward to store 2 or 3 big luggage somewhere else in the ship to have more space in our room in the Eurodam?  Several of the people in our group is heading back to Asia right after our cruise after a month of visiting the US.  They have to bring all of their luggage with them.  We were originally going to leave the luggage they won't be needing on the cruise at the hotel or our friend in Seattle, and go pick it up after the cruise.  However, we are changing our plans after learning of Port Valet.  It seems simpler and more efficient to just bring all of our luggage to the ship, and use Port Valet at the end of the cruise.  This saves us the logistical hassle (and stress) of running around after the cruise to pick up the luggage before going to the airport.  Since we will not be needing 2 or 3 of these luggage at all during the cruise, it would be great if we can have these luggage stored elsewhere in the ship and have it brought to us the last night of the cruise so that we can tag it and leave it outside our room for Port Valet.

Your cabin stewards should be able to take your excess luggage and have it stored during the cruise.
I once had a suitcase that was too high to fit under the bed; it was always stored for me.

24 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Something to consider, I don't think Port Valet is valid for international flights.

They are going to LA first for a couple of days before leaving for their international flight. They started at the east coast and slowly made their way west. 

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

Your cabin stewards should be able to take your excess luggage and have it stored during the cruise.
I once had a suitcase that was too high to fit under the bed; it was always stored for me.

Perfect. Thanks!

2 hours ago, School library lady said:

We had three suitcases on our Hawaii cruise on the Eurodam. We put all of them under the bed without a problem.

They may end up with 5 check in sized suitcases plus 2 or 3 carry ons in their cabin of 4 people. 

3 hours ago, non said:

They may end up with 5 check in sized suitcases plus 2 or 3 carry ons in their cabin of 4 people. 

I won't dispute Ruth, but I've never heard of this, and while they may store an oversized, empty suitcase, storing luggage full of personal belongings may become a liability issue for them.

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

I won't dispute Ruth, but I've never heard of this, and while they may store an oversized, empty suitcase, storing luggage full of personal belongings may become a liability issue for them.

This may work also. If they can take the empty luggage, then we can use the space to store the full luggage. We are actually considering putting 1 or 2 of the luggage out on the balcony (only the hard sided ones in case it gets wet). 

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

Well you are wise not to dispute.

They will certainly store luggage with personal belongings as they did it for a roll call member who got off after the Grand and rejoined the ship a few weeks later.  She left all her Gala, etc. Stuff on board in one suitcase to avoid bringing it back.  No wonder she always looked great 😉 

They did do a brief security check with her present and then held the luggage until she returned on our cruise in April.  She had no issue having it done.

For the record, that was on the Prinsendam.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So here's what happened.  Room steward took the 3 bags away.  His supervisor came to us later to express his concerns that they cannot guarantee the security of the luggage and the contents as it's not stored in a locked/secured location.  I explained the situation to him and room steward took the luggage back to my mom's room while we were away for dinner and was able to get everything under the bed, along with all the other empty luggage.  I did not investigate how he was able to fit everything in, but my mom was happy.  Port Valet worked great.  It was worth carrying all the luggage into the cruise with us just bec of port valet.

• Like 1

Happy it worked out well for you.

Something to remember---the stewards will place luggage under the bed for you, and will get it back out for you when the time comes to start packing. All you have to do is ask.