Price Drop - So Easy!

numberguy

Hey everyone!

We just noticed that our distant upcoming cruise (June 14, 2020 cruise to Norway and the Arctic:  Summer Solstice) now costs $440 less pp than it did a couple months ago.  So we called expecting an offer of onboard credit or an upgrade.  Nope, nothing doing.

All we did was ask what the customer service rep could do for us.  And all she did was change the price, and now we owe $880 less.  No muss, no fuss.

I love NCL.  That is all.

--Michael

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Definitely pays to keep checking prices.  Chances are prices will drop again before your sail date. 

Maybe on NCL. But I find that most cruises  on other lines do nothing but rise after they are released.

Just now, CruisingNole said:

Maybe on NCL. But I find that most cruises  on other lines do nothing but rise after they are released.

Yes, I have seen that as well. Especially on Celebrity. Prices on my upcoming 9 nighter on Silhouette have increased significantly from when I first booked. In contrast, my June 2019 breakaway cruise price dropped three times before setting sail. All three were after final payment so I didn’t actually get a reduced rate but I did go from a haven spa suite to haven forward penthouse to a haven aft penthouse all in the span of about 8 weeks. Going from a spa suite to an aft was better than a reduced rate IMO. Only downside was That i had to use OBC to get the thermal suite pass back. 

24 minutes ago, numberguy said:

Hey everyone!

We just noticed that our distant upcoming cruise (June 14, 2020 cruise to Norway and the Arctic:  Summer Solstice) now costs $440 less pp than it did a couple months ago.  So we called expecting an offer of onboard credit or an upgrade.  Nope, nothing doing.

All we did was ask what the customer service rep could do for us.  And all she did was change the price, and now we owe $880 less.  No muss, no fuss.

--Michael

There is a different tune being played after Final Payment.

Still yet did you keep all your bonuses perks promos OBC ?

Did you get any new ones ?

10 hours ago, numberguy said:

Hey everyone!

--Michael

Easy decision for NCL when your cruise is far enough out that you could simply cancel and rebook with no penalty. That being said, I'm glad you found a company that you can love.

19 hours ago, numberguy said:

Hey everyone!

--Michael

That's standard procedure prior to final payment. Its nice that you caught that big drop.

On 7/24/2019 at 9:34 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

There is a different tune being played after Final Payment.

Still yet did you keep all your bonuses perks promos OBC ?

Did you get any new ones ?

Didn't lose, didn't gain.  We only have one perk (inside).

--Michael

Key factor here is this happened BEFORE final payment was made.  As previous posters have stated the option to cancel & re-book still existed.  Still and all it's a beautiful thing to save that much $$.  Well done!

Question: you mentioned that you talked to a customer service rep.  Was this your NCL PCC or was it just a random NCL customer service rep you were connected to after calling the 800 number?  Just curious.

We booked an Inside GTY/SA a few years back through our PCC within the 90 days threshold so we had to pay the whole fare up front.  Sure enough 2 weeks later the price dropped like a rock!  Our PCC "went the extra mile" and got us bumped up to a balcony at no extra charge.  That's why we also still love NCL also!  lol

3 hours ago, tomk3212 said:

Question: you mentioned that you talked to a customer service rep.  Was this your NCL PCC or was it just a random NCL customer service rep you were connected to after calling the 800 number?  Just curious.

Called the 800 number.

--Michael

2 hours ago, erdoran said:

Numbersguy, this is one of the 20% discount cruises.  Make sure you get that discount!

Yeah, I realized after I posted that people were discussing the Latitudes discount.  So my post wasn't as much of a revelation as I thought it'd be.

--Michael

On 7/24/2019 at 10:07 PM, numberguy said:

Hey everyone!

--Michael

We did a wonderful Norway, Arctic Circle cruise on Serenade of the Seas (Royal C.) that went to the North Cape.  Wonderful cruise.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=659526&et_cid=3214772&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards