Seaside Yacht Club - there has to be a catch, right?

Beardface

8 hours ago, George C said:

Our travel agent said it would cost 350 each for a upgrade to premium plus, we will wait till we board then decide to upgrade. This is for our seaside YC cruise in November for 7 day cruise. 

How long is your cruise, George?  The upgrade cost is the difference between Premium ($62) and Prem+ ($79), which is $17 pppd.  You've been quoted wrong regardless of the length of your cruise as $350 isn't divisible by 17!

If you wait 'til onboard, you'll pay an extra 15% service charge, which you avoid when upgrading beforehand.

Edited by Beamafar

On 8/6/2019 at 9:08 AM, JAGR said:

Beamafar cited the $17 rate for her sailing from NY to Miami on Meraviglia, and others have as well.  Someone on Seaside this week has posted on another cannot be named site, that since she booked before November 2018, she can get the $13 smoked drinks in the Wine and Cocktail Bar by the specialty restaurants at no charge, and the same goes for the Venchi Chocolate martinis, crepes and gelato.  If you want substantion, think "MSC Yacht Club" interest group.

Hello,  we are boarding Seaside today and we are in YC,  I’m confused about the reference to premium and premium plus and also the reference booking before November 2018.

so to get this straight.  I booked before November 2018 so at that point all  y the glass drinks were included in the YC package.  Anything booked after November 2018 the $12 limit applies as I do not recall seeing this when I booked in August 2018.  

Is is this Right?

20 minutes ago, f1005705 said:

Hello,  we are boarding Seaside today and we are in YC,  I’m confused about the reference to premium and premium plus and also the reference booking before November 2018.

so to get this straight.  I booked before November 2018 so at that point all  y the glass drinks were included in the YC package.  Anything booked after November 2018 the $12 limit applies as I do not recall seeing this when I booked in August 2018.  

Is is this Right?

Not quite.  Before Nov '18, YC guests had the old Deluxe/Premium drinks package included and any bookings made before then continue to enjoy that package.  However, as it's similar to the new Premium, there really isn't much difference and drinks up to $12 (outside of YC) are included.

However, there was always top shelf items in YC;  these items have a price next to them on YC menus and are not included unless you upgrade to the new PremiumPlus package, which includes ALL drinks by the glass in every venue.  Hence, the discussion about the cost of $17 to upgrade to enjoy the top shelf drinks.

8 hours ago, Beamafar said:

How long is your cruise, George?  The upgrade cost is the difference between Premium ($62) and Prem+ ($79), which is $17 pppd.  You've been quoted wrong regardless of the length of your cruise as $350 isn't divisible by 17!

If you wait 'til onboard, you'll pay an extra 15% service charge, which you avoid when upgrading beforehand.

this is the doc from my travel agent, we are in YC one week cruise

Please see the attached list.

To upgrade from the drink package you have to:

Premium                     $432  total for 2 of you

Premium PLUS            $700  total for 2 of you

Please let me know which you want to add to your booking.

1 hour ago, George C said:

this is the doc from my travel agent, we are in YC one week cruise

Please see the attached list.

To upgrade from the drink package you have to:

Premium                     $432  total for 2 of you

Premium PLUS            $700  total for 2 of you

Please let me know which you want to add to your booking.

George ... Premium is already included in YC, not Easy (which is what that is implying).  You've been given incorrect information.    I've upgraded the package on 2 YC sailings - one Med and the other a US-based sailing.  I've only paid the difference in price between Premium and Prem+ on both.

I believe you, but I am getting different info from travel agent, they said YC plan was similar but not same as premium, I also sent doc that I you or another provided showing what your cost was. That’s why I think I will just will wait till I board in November. Did not see much on this in MSC website.

1 hour ago, George C said:

I believe you, but I am getting different info from travel agent, they said YC plan was similar but not same as premium, I also sent doc that I you or another provided showing what your cost was. That’s why I think I will just will wait till I board in November. Did not see much on this in MSC website.

My advice would be to see what is available, and how you go, with YC for the first day. If you decide P+ is more attractive, then purchase it from day 2 or 3....you will only have to pay for the remaining number of days. Also, it is not a requirement that all cabin inhabitants upgrade and only one need do it if the other is fine with what they have!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, f1005705 said:

Is is this Right?

I have not seen anyone else reporting the same as my experience on Divina in February. The Yacht Club manager told me that the changes were made early spring 2018. I didn't had to challenge him about it because after writing a letter to the bar manager I got the correct "package"!

För me it seems like noone can give an answer about what's included because it seems to change from cruise to cruise!