CC: How will we know if a question has been answered?

26 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

Just curious...will the answers be posted in separate threads or just added to the question? 

I would imagine it would be when people learn to be polite and respectable.  So, maybe never?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe LLP has a login and you'll see an answer with her name and picture there. That would be the simple way. 

Maybe Laura should lock all posts to replies until LLP answers. I really thought the questions would be about the new increases in women crew members. Seems most people think it's a place for their favorite hobby horse or pet peeve. Of course it does say anything about Celebrity Cruises. 

Edited by ORV

• Administrators

Hello everyone!

Lisa will answer questions intermittently throughout August 12th.  It was her choice to begin answering questions as time permits....rather than the way we usually set these up (which would have been to BEGIN answering the questions on Aug 12th).  She definitely wanted to be able to respond quicker than our normal set up.   I thought this was very gracious of her.

Are you all following this forum?  Then, you'll receive emails that will let you know there is a response to a question posted here.   If everyone would follow the directive at the top of the forum -- where I asked that we allow Lisa to answer before discussions began -- it would be super easy to know when Lisa responded; that would be the only email you'd received from one of the topics here.  Responses to questions will be posted as a REPLY.

I know that Lisa is receiving all the questions posted here.  She's following the forum.  She's very excited about visiting Cruise Critic and interacting with all of you.  I think we all need to be understanding as well; she may be a little busy running your favorite cruise line! 

Laura

• Thanks 2

With due respect, I think this was a good idea developed with good intentions,  but poorly executed.  You know Cruise Critic - people are very involved and love to participate.  To think that there would not be discussions going, despite your instructions, I think was wishful thinking at its best. But that ship has sailed so to speak😃.  It would take hours to read through the posts and try to figure out which questions may have been answered.  Is there any way to identify those threads where Lisa has actually answered a question?   If so, that would be extremely helpful.  Otherwise this really was an exercise in futility unfortunately.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

With due respect, I think this was a good idea developed with good intentions,  but poorly executed.  You know Cruise Critic - people are very involved and love to participate.  To think that there would not be discussions going, despite your instructions, I think was wishful thinking at its best. But that ship has sailed so to speak😃.  It would take hours to read through the posts and try to figure out which questions may have been answered.  Is there any way to identify those threads where Lisa has actually answered a question?   If so, that would be extremely helpful.  Otherwise this really was an exercise in futility unfortunately.

I know everyone is excited to interact with Lisa; heck I am as well!  But, this discussion rule has been implemented for every single Q&A we have offered over the years. 

Lisa will be posting in her own name....unfortunately there is no way to identify a topic where she has responded.  The best way to not miss her replies would be to FOLLOW the forum so that you are notified via email.

• Thanks 1

• LauraS locked this topic