Liberty 21 July trip report

3 hours ago, Petroplex said:

I saw it open at least 2 times outside of the evening cocktail period.

The Diamond Lounge is accessible 24 hours using the SeaPass card.  However, beer is only available during the evening cccktail period.

On 8/1/2019 at 6:19 PM, Petroplex said:
  • The Diamond Lounge has free beer and sodas in a grab and go fridge. The Suite Lounge does not.

I am boarding 8/25 with DH.  He gets off on 9/1 and I am staying on for a B2B.  I am really looking forward to it!

I have been on Liberty but not since being Diamond so have not been in its lounge.  I have been in the Freedom Diamond Lounge but it did not have a grab & go.  Is this still only during the regular Diamond happy hours?

Thank you again for the great review!

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Julia429 said:

Do you know what tapas they had at vintages to order? I've tried to find a menu, but only see the drinks.

On our ship, it was a plate of cheese, a plate of olives, and maybe some hummus. It was free and there for the talking, although you had to be in the wine bar to know it was there. 

7 hours ago, Petroplex said:

On our ship, it was a plate of cheese, a plate of olives, and maybe some hummus. It was free and there for the talking, although you had to be in the wine bar to know it was there. 

Thank you! I've seen some actual tapas menus posted for other RC ships, but I think they were for the bigger ships.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 1:15 PM, HicksRA said:

They usually do have Blanton’s on the Liberty, but buy it early if you see it. 

Ive seen it sell out and if you decide to wait till the last night to get it, it may be gone. 

What kind of price are they hitting people with on the blantons?  I’d be shocked to see it on the boat for sale.  It’s really hard to find in St. Louis.  

Saw Blantons for 69.99 on the ship last week .They had plenty of bottles. Just remember when you debark texas alcohol commission will be waiting for their cut 😉 They also had plenty of Buffalo Trace and EH Taylor  

Edited by Tulsacoker

4 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Saw Blantons for 69.99 on the ship last week .They had plenty of bottles. Just remember when you debark texas alcohol commission will be waiting for their cut 😉 They also had plenty of Buffalo Trace and EH Taylor  

Nice.  Thanks.  70 dollars isn’t to bad for blantons.  What’s the Texas state tax for bringing back bottles?  We have never sailed out of there and only ever Florida, San Juan, and Hawaii.   I don’t remember ever paying extra taxes or fees there but the wife does all the paperwork and such.  

this is from 2017 so it might have changed since then

Liquor
Half pint (200 ml)…..$3.25
Pint (500 ml)…..$3.50
Fifth (750 ml)…..$3.50
Quart (1 liter)…..$3.75
Half gallon (1.75 liters)…..$4.25
Gallon (3.79 liters) …..$5.50

Edited by Tulsacoker

6 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Liquor
Pint (500 ml)…..$3.50
Fifth (750 ml)…..$3.50
Quart (1 liter)…..$3.75

Oh that’s nothing then.  I was expecting some stupid amount of charges.  I’ll be on liberty next may so hopefully they have blantons and eh Taylor then.  I’ll buy them out the moment the store opens.  Going on a big family trip for my 40th bday so nothing like 20 bottles for myself as a bday gift.  Haha.  

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Liquor
Pint (500 ml)…..$3.50
Fifth (750 ml)…..$3.50
Quart (1 liter)…..$3.75

Or.....just state you dont have anything like almost everyone else....then its $0.00

2 hours ago, dominicr said:

What kind of price are they hitting people with on the blantons?  I’d be shocked to see it on the boat for sale.  It’s really hard to find in St. Louis.  

I believe it was $59 a bottle when I last bought it, but that was over a year ago so it’s probably more now as they’ve raised prices on everything. 

3 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I believe it was $59 a bottle when I last bought it, but that was over a year ago so it’s probably more now as they’ve raised prices on everything. 

60 is dirt cheap.  I’d love to actually pay msrp on it.  The 70 that Tulsa said earlier isn’t horrible either compared to the prices I usually see it for around St. Louis whenever it can be found.  I got a bottle last weekend for 80 bucks out of luck because one of the local liquor stores websites glitched.   Usually it’s around 150 a bottle at the local stores and it’s good but not 150 good. 

Is there a limit on how much can be purchased and brought back through Texas?  

Do you guys know if Cozumel, roatan, or costa maya have the gold or straight from the barrel?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2019 at 7:44 PM, CruiseMomTX said:

The 4 of us just got off today too!  We actually get back on in a week, minus one that went this time and add in 2 others.

Did you have WIFI calling on the ship or use the VOOM?  I am trying to find out if it is realiable or not?

15 minutes ago, texasblueyez said:

I am trying to find out if it is realiable or not?

VOOM service is location/ship/time/date specific - someone's past experience won't be a definite gauge of what you can expect. The answer in your other thread still applies - if you really need 100% reliability, don't go on any ship.

Edited by Biker19

On 9/18/2019 at 1:26 PM, texasblueyez said:

Did you have WIFI calling on the ship or use the VOOM?  I am trying to find out if it is realiable or not?

I did have it. As Biker 19 notes, it depends completely on a wide variety of factors. My experience was not impressive, and I wrote about it here. I primarily relied on service to my cell phone when we were in port.

Do you remember the Blackjack Table rules? (I saw you said the rules stink)

I'm just wondering what the limits were, 3:2 or 6:5, Double After Split, PEN, and any of the games shoe games or are they all CSM machines now?

I found several old posts saying 8-deck, Hit S17, some 6:5 and some 3:2 tables, but those were old posts (several years old).

I am going to be on Liberty in a few weeks and I wanted to prep.

Thanks!