Coke Freestyle Machine

MsSoCalCruiser

So the Royal is a medallion class ship and I’m not sure how carrying around a soda cup would work. I thought you could order a drink from your medallion and it would be delivered to you?  When I ordered the soda package now on a non medallion ship I never carry the cup that they give me.  I always get a fresh galss at the bar or wherever I order one from.  Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I'm not sure about that. It didn't work with the wow bands on Royal. The cup has to sit on the platform under the spigot.

You seem to have experience with this for Royal Caribbean.  Are PAX with a beverage package limited to getting their soft drinks from these machines or is it just an option?

29 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

You seem to have experience with this for Royal Caribbean.  Are PAX with a beverage package limited to getting their soft drinks from these machines or is it just an option?

No I received plain water as well as sparkling water in bottles and diet Coke from the spigot at any bar and in the restaurants.  I don't know how people can consume a bucket of carbonation. It doesn't even keep the beverage cold and it just gets watered down and flat. I didn't use the cup on the cruise but filled it for a long car ride. Condensation collected in my cup holder.  I also have cups I received on Princess 10 yrs ago from their ultimate soda package. They are insulated and keep cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot. The new Royal Caribbean cups are just cheap plastic that are only good for holding  a cold drink. I wonder what the Princess cups will be like?

Edited by Iamcruzin

On 8/2/2019 at 11:17 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

Soon chips removed from the cups will be available on eBay.  

I saw a video on youtube where some kid was showing how he cut the chip out and could then use it with any cup. People amaze me.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

I saw a video on youtube where some kid was showing how he cut the chip out and could then use it with any cup. People amaze me.

That only works for the Keurig K-Cup coffee makers, not for a machine that verifies you purchase with the main computer each refill.  

On 8/3/2019 at 7:11 AM, MissP22 said:

You don't think Princess is that naive to allow unlimited access to their soda machines? :classic_dry:

Not if they read cruise critic:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2666821-coke-freestyle-machines/?do=findComment&comment=57580939

Personally, I'm sure princess will view the freestyle machines as a premium experience,

which will justify jacking the price of the soda'n'less packages.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pablo222 said:

Not if they read cruise critic:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2666821-coke-freestyle-machines/?do=findComment&comment=57580939

Personally, I'm sure princess will view the freestyle machines as a premium experience,

which will justify jacking the price of the soda'n'less packages.

They very well might work with a borrowed current authorized Medallion but never with a chip cut from a previous cruise. 

Of course you could always borrow the authorized persons soda cup if their willing to part with it for a refill. :classic_laugh: 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

That only works for the Keurig K-Cup coffee makers, not for a machine that verifies you purchase with the main computer each refill.  

Nope. It was on a cruise ship. He was sitting in the cabin and cutting it out and then he proudly showed how it worked in the machine. His parents seemed to think it was cool. Great parenting -- NOT.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

It's amazing that this thread went for 4 pages over something that's not on Princess ships and would be optional to use if it were.  I enjoyed reading the posts.  :classic_rolleyes:

Agree 101%! It makes me giggle to read them and we all need some laughter nowadays. 

48 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Nope. It was on a cruise ship. He was sitting in the cabin and cutting it out and then he proudly showed how it worked in the machine. His parents seemed to think it was cool. Great parenting -- NOT.

I saw the video too.  Search for RCL Soda Package Hack.  Two observations:  Toward the end of the video a RCL crew member is standing behind the kid watching him filling an unauthorized cup of soda.  At the end of the video there is a great shot of a dishonest family showing off the drinks they got without paying for them.  They're all smiles about it.  It takes all kinds I guess.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Delete

Edited by MissP22

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

I know! Way to teach your kid how to be a criminal.  At the end of the video when he used it in the soda machine and they all had cups of soda wasn’t there an employee watching?