Coke Freestyle Machine

MsSoCalCruiser

A Coke Freestyle machine is the machine that has the 100s of varieties of sodas. Currently, I believe only RCCL and a couple of HAL ships have them.

I was unaware that Princess was adding them. I wish more lines would. The main reason I tend not to drink soda on a cruise is that all I drink is Diet, and at night caffeine free. Options are really limited. Easier to stick with water.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, palolake said:

What's a Coke Freestyle machine?

Basically a Soda Fountain, with a touch screen display that allows you to select a variety of Coke Products to be dispensed. I've seen 2 styles. The first is a full sized (refrigerator size) unit and the other is a smaller counter top model. Both have a touch screen, big silver button and a dispensing hole. Select your product from the touch screen and get ice and your drinks via the dispensing hole. Ice comes out from pushing back on the lever in the hole and product from the big silver button. 

The smaller counter units have less selection than the big one, as there is less room for the syrup containers. 

Wendy's, Jack In the Box,  Five Guys generally have them around here and they are moving into a lot of movie theaters too.  

Edited by drowelf

RCCL has a RFID chip embedded in the cup provided by the Line for drink packages. The chip activates the machine. You can't use it without a RCCL cup.

There is a YouTube video about it. I've heard of similar machines used to dispense beer and wine.

Edited by EDDY0827
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 1Gizmo said:

Would you still have to buy a soda package to be able to use said machine? Or is there a place to swipe you medallion or cruise card. 

On HAL you got a cup that had a chip in it. The machine only worked with that cup. You had to buy the soda package.

7 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Has anyone heard when the Coke Freestyle Machines will be installed?  I am looking forward to having some caffeine free options.   I’m hoping they will be added before our cruise on the Royal Princess.

Yes.  It is on board now.

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Awesome!  On the Royal?  Are you on board now?  If so, if you have time, would you please post photos of the machine and of the Patters showing the instructions?  Oh happy day. Thank you!

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

49 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Does it work with the Medallions and do you have to use only their cup to make it function?

Edited by MissP22
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Has anyone heard when the Coke Freestyle Machines will be installed?  I am looking forward to having some caffeine free options.   I’m hoping they will be added before our cruise on the Royal Princess.

6 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

26 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Which Princess ship has if now?

The idea of all those people using the same cup every day for a week (or more) without washing it in hot, soapy water after each use grosses me out.  I'd love all those caffeine-free options but not at that risk.  Seems a great way to spread Norovirus.  I don't know how RCI and others avoid spreading all kinds of germs with that program.  If you could use the regular cups for every use, it'd be a totally different thing.  

Edited by DrivesLikeMario
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

The idea of all those people using the same cup every day for a week (or more) without washing it in hot, soapy water after each use grosses me out.  I'd love all those caffeine-free options but not at that risk.  Seems a great way to spread Norovirus.  I don't know how RCI and others avoid spreading all kinds of germs with that program.  If you could use the regular cups for every use, it'd be a totally different thing.  

Not to mention, since all the varieties of sodas available will be dispensing through the same spigot, I'm not a fan of lingering "off" flavors being in my drink.

We just bring our own sodas onboard.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

I guess you could at least fill it with the hot water at the dispenser & dump it out. That's better than nothing.