THE "QT" ON CRUISE DIRECTOR SCHARWTZ

zippyjet

Please and thank you. I keep hearing about a cruise director named Schwartz. I believe he may have been my cruise director on a truncated itinerary on the Vista. Thanks to Irma. If mymemory serves me he was OK during the 4 night cruise but on disembarkation day got snarky with his announcements. I was getting my last breakfast in when he said something like: "Time to leave the ship especially those taking advantage of a last meal.

Edited by zippyjet
Increase Font Size

12 minutes ago, zippyjet said:

Please and thank you. I keep hearing about a cruise director named Schwartz. I believe he may have been my cruise director on a truncated itinerary on the Vista. Thanks to Irma. If mymemory serves me he was OK during the 4 night cruise but on disembarkation day got snarky with his announcements. I was getting my last breakfast in when he said something like: "Time to leave the ship especially those taking advantage of a last meal.

Ha!  I’d find that announcement pretty funny!  (Because I’d definitely be getting a last meal before debarkation.) 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, GradUT said:

Ha!  I’d find that announcement pretty funny!  (Because I’d definitely be getting a last meal before debarkation.) 

Always!  Last year off Horizon, my friend had to get off the ship fast to get back online. Lets kust say I had "kittens." We ended up eatingbreakfast in Sobe called the Front Porch Cafe. Very good but very overpriced!

2 hours ago, zippyjet said:

Not that I recall.

Then it wasn't him. He says it all the time. I spent a half hour with him talking hospitality business. He's a very interesting guyu. He use to say "Let the Schwartz be with you" from Mel Brooks Space Balls and he told me he got a cease and desist order from the studio.  

Edited by coevan
sp

3 hours ago, zippyjet said:

And?

He is my second fav CD.

6 hours ago, fyree39 said:

Was there a question? Did he say "I love you....I love you more" after his announcements?

He doesn’t say that any more. Similar to his previous the Schwartz be with you saying, he was told not to say it any more. I heard that directly from him on Breeze. I have also spent a little time talking to his parents; great people. 

Schwartz is awesome!  I believe that at some point in life, a lot of people have become overly sensitive and lost their sense of humor.  He says this on every cruise that I have been on with him as CD, and he is not the only CD to say this.  

Schwartz is my hubby's favorite CD.  We talked with him several times on the Breeze.  He is from Georgia, real southern charm, a little wacky at times like Dr E but not quite as over the top all day long. 

On 8/1/2019 at 8:10 PM, fyree39 said:

I heard someone on board complained about his "I love you" statements, so he stopped using them. People suck.

I heard that also.  we loved him and missed him saying Love ya on our second cruise with him.  We would always answer him back no matter where we were!!! 

Just for the flip side... Not everyone loves Schwartz. Not because he's offensive, but because he's irritating and not as funny as he thinks he is. But I felt like people either loved him or hated him. The four people we traveled with were equally annoyed by him by the end of the cruise. We thought he was a bit of an attention-whore. But it seemed about split on loving and hating him (from all the people we chatted with on the cruise). So you may love him.... But hey, to each his own!

• Thanks 1