Documents list cabin as TBD: Booked specific cabin

2wheelin

It is too early to do on-line check in yet for our Jan cruise but I noticed I could print documents. So I decided to check and see if they noted priority since we are with a wedding party. Not only did they not say priority (maybe it is early and the guest list hasn’t been submitted yet) but the cabin is listed as TBD. This seems odd. Anyone else ever noticed this? Another couple says theirs is correct and we used the same less than fully competent TA. I’ll have to email her. Ugh.

That is what I was wondering but they were otherwise filled in and printable. That doesn’t mean they wouldn’t change later—same as if someone changed cabins. I have never even looked for them prior to checkin. But wait—I usually don’t book until after final pmt date so I always do checkin right away. Never been so early I had to wait for it.

Hi

If you booked a specific cabin as opposed to a "guarantee", it should indicate on the Carnival site in your "cruise manager/booking and order details". It should also be indicated in your confirmation email that contained your booking #. 

As you said, contact your TA, ASAP. Don't stop bothering the person it is corrected. If the cabin isn't assigned to you, then it could be booked by someone else.

have a great cruise

• Like 2

Cruise docs are there the day you book (all except boarding passes which become available after check-in), and they show your cabin number.  Sounds like your TA chose the option to let Carnival choose the room for you.  This option is sometimes less expensive than choosing your own room.  Reach out to the TA to see if that is what they did.  If you chose a specific room with the TA and they opted to have Carnival choose your room, I would get another TA.

I paid for cabin choice and invoice has this cabin listed. That should protect me except I have heard that cruise lines can “upgrade” you without notice and was worried about that. Still should have a number though.  I will never use this TA again but was forced to because of the wedding group. I have emailed her yesterday and will call her today if no answer.

Is your cruise, by chance, a TRUE group cruise or were the staterooms booked individually?  If a group cruise, that could be the issue.

I have multiple cruises booked, but one of them is a group cruise that I'm organizing. 

On all of my cruises, the stateroom I booked is on my documents....with the exception of the group cruise.  That cruise has my stateroom (and everyone else's in the group) listed as TBA.  Also, the price paid for the cruise is listed as "As Agreed".

Garnett

Edited by N7786W Flyer

1 minute ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Is your cruise, by chance, a group cruise?  If so, that could be the issue.

I have multiple cruises booked, but one of them is a group cruise that I'm organizing. 

On all of my cruises, the stateroom I booked is on my documents....with the exception of the group cruise.  That cruise has my stateroom (and everyone else's in the group) listed as TBA.  Also, the price paid for the cruise is listed as "As Agreed".

Garnett

It is a group cruise but another party has their cabin number listed on documents. Doesn’t surprise me with this TA though. Some people who are new cruisers were not even told what their cabin number or booking number was. She “wanted to wait until all were booked to send out paperwork at one time”. Really???

4 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

It is a group cruise but another party has their cabin number listed on documents. Doesn’t surprise me with this TA though. Some people who are new cruisers were not even told what their cabin number or booking number was. She “wanted to wait until all were booked to send out paperwork at one time”. Really???

In my case, the TBA only shows up on the "Print Documents" page.  However, the actual stateroom # does appear on the "Booking & Order Details" tab on Carnival's website.  Is your situation the same?

Garnett

Just now, N7786W Flyer said:

In my case, the TBA only shows up on the "Print Documents" page.  However, the actual stateroom # does appear on the "Booking & Order Details" tab on Carnival's website.  Is your situation the same?

Garnett

Yes.

Your issue could be system-based and not necessarily related to your TA.

Having said that, I agree with you that waiting to send out confirmations and booking #'s (apparently at the TA's convenience) would not make me happy.

Although I'm not a TA, I have made DANG sure everyone in my group is aware of their booking #, balance owed, when due, docs required, etc. etc. etc.

Also, since I have several newbies in the group, I have had...and will have future...meetings with everyone to make sure all parties are in the loop. 

Last thing I want is to get to the port and someone says, "I didn't know", or "No one told me".

Garnett

I have the same thing. My TA called Carnival and they said it is because it is a group booking. The cabin number should be on there right after final payment day, he is not sure why Carnival does it this way but the booking is fine and we have the cabin we booked..

1 minute ago, Lottacruises said:

My initial thought of ru-oh is dismissed, sounds like it's ok

I was panicking as well which is why I asked my TA to call and check on it for me.

• Like 1