Refare question

caddion

I like to book early so I can choose the cabin that I want.Normally i book through a travel agent who is able to match the price when the fare drops and also keep the same cabin, unfortunately the agent is no longer around and the other ones that I have approached cannot guarantee the same cabin. 
I am after people's experiences when booking directly through Princess, my understanding is they will cancel and rebook at the lower fare but I don't know if you get to keep the same cabin. I have contacted Princess they said I'd keep the cabin but they were a bit vague about it which didn't inspire confidence. 
I realise I'd lose whaterever perks the original booking had. 

Thanks for any advise. 

Phil. 

7 minutes ago, caddion said:

I like to book early so I can choose the cabin that I want.Normally i book through a travel agent who is able to match the price when the fare drops and also keep the same cabin, unfortunately the agent is no longer around and the other ones that I have approached cannot guarantee the same cabin. 
I am after people's experiences when booking directly through Princess, my understanding is they will cancel and rebook at the lower fare but I don't know if you get to keep the same cabin. I have contacted Princess they said I'd keep the cabin but they were a bit vague about it which didn't inspire confidence. 
I realise I'd lose whaterever perks the original booking had. 

Thanks for any advise. 

Phil. 

IMO..........TA's are under the same refare rules that Princess would be if you booked direct.

Thats a pretty vague answer.  Sounds like the other agents don't want to deal with it.

In my experience I have been able to keep the cabin when I have re-fared. If it requires a new booking only then you are at the mercy of availability when they cancel and rebook.

I've refared Australian-based Princess cruises a number of times and had no problems, and certainly no cabin changes. The cruises were booked directly through Princess, using Future Cruise Deposits, and when I noticed a fare reduction I just called them and they refared my booking. Sometimes I lost perks and you have to take the value of those into account when calculating whether the fare reduction really is a saving. Other times I gained perks.

• Like 2

Ask princess to assign you a cruise consultant.  Mine is great...she does everything including refairs when rhe price drops...all I do is call her...she refaired one cruise for me 5 times

• Like 2

Just as an add on. I booked directly with Princess and refared a few times. When I made my final payment, I said offhandedly to the Princess agent that I guess I was done refaring if any last minute specials came up. She told me that since I booked direct and not with a travel agent that I could refare until departure and they would refund money. The price didn't go down any after I made the final payment, so I did not get to test what she told me.

• Like 1

I book with Princess directly all the time, refare when price drops, sometimes Princess then tells me the deposit will be non refundable after I refare.   By that time, it is not an issue, I have gotten a good price and we are planning to go.   How this works in Australia, have not idea.  

• Like 1

I've cancelled and rebooked when the lower fare is for new reservations only or I booked the cabin I wanted but didn't have a future cruise credit, so had to rebook once I got the future cruise credit. I've been told there is a slight risk when you cancel and then rebook, someone might grab "my" cabin in those few seconds/minutes between the cancellation and rebooking. Although that is a risk, it has never happened to me. When I simply refare because of a lower price or better incentives, there's never been a risk with losing the cabin.