Change deposit to Future Cruise credit

emeraldlake

6 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Can we agree that this is something that could have inconsistency from Princess and leave it at that?

As I said, I didn't test it, if I wanted to not deal with Princess inconsistency, I would cancel and ask for a new booking number as you mentioned.  Otherwise I could leave it up to the potential flip flop of a Princess rep.  Perhaps you have never had a sour experience with their inconsistencies.  I have not been so lucky

Not really because they were being consistent in the case you specified.

I have had some customer reps that have not understand their own rules.  However on CC what most people refer to as inconsistencies is when they want something that is against their rules, but where either they have called until they found a CS repto allow it, or where someone else has posted and indicated that they have been treated differently. In most cases I have found Princess customer service to be pretty good and consistent.

3 minutes ago, npcl said:

Not really because they were being consistent in the case you specified.

I have had some customer reps that have not understand their own rules.  However on CC what most people refer to as inconsistencies is when they want something that is against their rules, but where either they have called until they found a CS repto allow it, or where someone else has posted and indicated that they have been treated differently. In most cases I have found Princess customer service to be pretty good and consistent.

Good for you.

Thanks for not leaving it alone

Lets agree to disagree 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Can you still buy a FCD after your cruise is over? In other words is there a grace period after you disembark a cruise where you can still contact Princess to buy some FCDs or can you only purchase them onboard?

If you do not purchase an FCD while on a cruise, you will usually get an e-mail offering the opportunity to purchase FCDs post cruise. However, the OBC associated with the post-cruise FED is less than if you purchased the FCD while on the ship.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

If you do not purchase an FCD while on a cruise, you will usually get an e-mail offering the opportunity to purchase FCDs post cruise. However, the OBC associated with the post-cruise FED is less than if you purchased the FCD while on the ship.

Thanks! We'll go search for it.

These posts are confirming the wisdom of keeping several FCDs on hand just in case you discover cruises to book that you did not anticipate. I like to have at least three for each of us. I used two on my back-to-back cruises to Alaska this summer. DH did not go with me on them. I bought myself two more FCDs. We used one apiece for our upcoming cruise on the Crown next month. I'll buy us one more FCD apiece on it.