Which Caribbean Island????

We love the Southern Caribbean.  Our two favorites are Grenada and Bonaire.  The underwater sculpture garden in Grenada is fantastic as is Grand Anse beach.  So much fun!  And the snorkeling in Bonaire - it cannot be beat.  Gorgeous!

On 8/15/2019 at 1:25 PM, SbbquilterUT said:

Loved snorkeling with Woodwind tours in Bonaire.

This is is so true!  I’ve snorkeled in other places but in Bonaire you could really see the colors of everything. Woodwind was great. I learned about them on CC.  

Contrary to popular beliefs, there are only 2 islands in the Caribbean. Both are nearly square in shape, with 4 distinct ports on each island. Every day your ship leaves one side, sails in circles in the ocean, then returns to the same island, but to a different side, with a different name. The island has shuttle buses for the employees, who are bussed around to different sides as demand increases or decreases. All the staff have several different name tags, and pretend to speak several different languages, depending on which side they are working that day. In the end they are all poor islanders, selling useless trinkets, t-shirts, cheap rum, and marijuana to the unsuspecting sunburned tourists.

Edited by Donald

7 minutes ago, Donald said:

Contrary to popular beliefs, there are only 2 islands in the Caribbean. Both are nearly square in shape, with 4 distinct ports on each island. Every day your ship leaves one side, sails in circles in the ocean, then returns to the same island, but to a different side, with a different name. The island has shuttle buses for the employees, who are bussed around to different sides as demand increases or decreases. All the staff have several different name tags, and pretend to speak several different languages, depending on which side they are working that day. In the end they are all poor islanders, selling useless trinkets, t-shirts, cheap rum, and marijuana to the unsuspecting sunburned tourists.

Obviously too much smoking on your part. 🤣

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2019 at 6:16 PM, mom says said:

The ABCs are all nice; especially Bonaire if you scuba or snorkel. But my favorite island in the Caribbean is Barbados. Good beaches, lovely public gardens, friendly people, and great rum. 

We also love the ABC's going again in October, and I agree about Barbados.  It is a lovely island, and besides the rum, there is the Agapey Chocolate Factory.  They make some of the best chocolate bars (some of them with the Barbados rum in them.)  The owner gives tours.  You can go to their web page, and set it up.  It was a really fun tour.

15 hours ago, Donald said:

WRONG!  

There is is just one island - octagonal, with one port on each side.  The fact that you thought there was two is evidence of how effective the scheme is.

• Haha 1

Oh my gosh! Southern cruises are my absolute favorite!!! There's so many ports to choose from it's hard.

St Lucia is by far the best snorkeling at the pitons on Jalousie Beach...like ever!!!

Loved Grenada for scuba at the underwater sculpture park. Very unique experience!

Aruba...well one of my favorites so much that we land vacation there during the summer months and do EVERYTHING!

Dominican Republic-had a blast doing a dune buggy ride and it was so much fun and would love to go again! I've never laughed so hard.

It doesn't get any better than cruising from OSJ either. So much to explore and do there too that we always go and stay a few days ahead of time and after.

On 8/27/2019 at 1:00 PM, KBS1607 said:

This is is so true!  I’ve snorkeled in other places but in Bonaire you could really see the colors of everything. Woodwind was great. I learned about them on CC.  

We have a friend who SCUBA dives and Bonaire is his fave place.

• Like 1