Which Caribbean Island????

7 hours ago, New Mexico 8 said:

We are finally going to the Southern Caribbean . We don't know which islands are the most popular. Would love to hear some of your opinions.

What is your favorites and why?

Thank you. 

Our favorites are Aruba and Curaçao!  Both are just beautiful!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Extra Kim said:

Beaches - 1. Aruba 2. St Thomas 3. The East coast on Cozumel

Nature - Dominica

I was in Dominica many years ago when cruise ships very rarely came there. It was an island paradise. I went back a few years ago and it was not the same,too many souvenir stores.However,I still recommend it as a place to go to.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was in Dominica many years ago when cruise ships very rarely came there. It was an island paradise. I went back a few years ago and it was not the same,too many souvenir stores.However,I still recommend it as a place to go to.

I didn't spend much/any time in town the two times I have been there.

Did the same tour both times since my wife hadn't been there before when I did my second visit.

Took "The Wet Tour" with Bumpiing Tours, it's fantastic.

http://www.bumpiingtours.com/#2610

2 minutes ago, mom says said:

The ABCs are all nice; especially Bonaire if you scuba or snorkel. But my favorite island in the Caribbean is Barbados. Good beaches, lovely public gardens, friendly people, and great rum. 

I will be in Barbados in October.I have been there many times.The first time there,in 1994 I took a historical tour of the island.

Agree with mom says on this one - itineraries that include the ABC's (especially when all three are included) are one of our favorites, but also enjoy Barbados quite a bit.  (In particular their flying fish sandwich for lunch!)

Had a particularly good day at Barbados a few years back when another couple we were cruising with had a friend of theirs who lives half the year in Barbados take us on a personal guided tour of the island for the full day we were there.  Was able to see many places most day visitors never have an opportunity to. Very enjoyable!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Booked our Southern Caribbean cruise for Barbados, and take the Silver Moon catamaran sail and snorkel.  Lovely beaches, sand and water with lots of turtles, and excellent hospitality from folks at Silver Moon.  Planning on booking with them again in November 2020.

Since I'm a beach person, any sandy beach with aqua blue water that isn't loaded with sargassum or other sea weeds is perfect for me.

I realize that tides and winds are variables that sweep sargassum back and forth, here today, hopefully gone tomorrow, but most isles are reporting increasing amounts of seaweeds, either from the Amazon River or Sargassum Sea.

On 8/14/2019 at 8:03 AM, voljeep said:

Bonaire - snorkeling .. my wife's first open ocean snorkel after learning how to in our pool

Biased ? - well, of course I am ...:classic_love:

We have a friend who goes there to scuba dive and just loves it.

We have done the Southern Caribbean itinerary 6 times now and will be cruising there again next February.  The ABC's are beautiful and interesting but............we love Dominica, Barbados and Puerto Rico.  I just had to mention PR because it is truly our favorite port stop and island to cruise from. 

On 8/13/2019 at 10:18 PM, New Mexico 8 said:

We are finally going to the Southern Caribbean . We don't know which islands are the most popular. Would love to hear some of your opinions.

What is your favorites and why?

Thank you. 

Do a B2B cruise on either RC (Freedom Of The Seas) or on Celebrity (Summit) and pick the two different itineraries out of San Juan. Lots of great ports with minimal sea days. Then you can decide for yourself. 

Edited by davekathy