RCCL Stock Holders OBC

Robb

If in any doubt just send it in and let Celebrity decide. Many, including me have reported unexpected surprises.At one time they denied credit if you received anything from Celebrity. Now they are granting the difference between what you get and the shareholder credit. 

We had no trouble getting the shareholder credit for an upcoming cruise.  Although it is only $100, it's a nice perk.  And it didn't change any of the other Celebrity perks we received when we booked this cruise. 

The shareholder program has been restructured as of 6/1/19. Therefore all new bookings with the revised program have less restrictions. We received the benefit despite a special. However, only for a cruise booked (not just sailing) after June 1st.

Edited by Miaminice

We have rarely been successful getting any OBC--always some excuse why it isn't  available to  us.  Maybe with the new restructure things will be easier. On an upcoming Royal cruise which was booked early this year,  they said we got a Diamond discount so no OBC. Actually, I booked 4 cabins for my whole family and still nothing.

If the availability of the onboard credit doesn't impact on whether you are going to book, there is no harm in requesting the credit.  We got a decent deal on our cruise (prepaid gratuities and a very fair price for Aqua class) and I was not counting on the credit, but asked for it and received it.

If you are only booking if you get the credit, call Celebrity and let them know how important it is that they answer your question.  If they can't give you an answer, then don't book.