Does Celebrity run a shuttle in Quebec City for those docked at Wharf 102?

Turtles06

The port of Quebec has just posted the dock assignments for Sept. 15-16, when the Summit (and half a dozen other ships) will be there.  Instead of being at the piers right at the foot of Old Quebec, the Summit has drawn the short straw -- we'll be out in the boonies at Wharf 102, which appears to be a couple of miles from the Old Port area, with nothing around it.   

Does anyone know whether Celebrity runs any short of shuttle into Old Quebec in this circumstance?

Thanks for any info! 

15 minutes ago, denby said:

We were on this cruise last fall and docked away from the main pier. Celebrity provided continuous shuttles. It worked very well.

Right on. Is it a very long ride? 

Edited by davekathy

In 2017 we did a B2B2B series which included two Canada/New England itineraries.  The first (of two) overnight stop in Quebec we were out in the hinterlands (ie - industrial port area with several other ships).  As already noted the shuttles ran continuously, and the ride into a stop in Lower Town was less than 20 minutes.  I am thinking the transit times was closer to 15 minutes.

If you can walk it really isn’t too bad.  Sometimes we would walk and stop in the farmers market that is near by.  

The shuttle basically takes you thru the parking area and to the edge of the old town.   It is still a walk from  there to the main section but there is a lot to see on the way.

We docked at both and liked the one further out and found it to actually be closer if you can understand that.    At the one that seems closer you have a steep hill to go up and you can either walk up the steep road, take the stairs,  or the incline that has a fee.  

The buses run pretty fast, it is also a nice walk and really not that far.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

25 minutes ago, miched said:

If you can walk it really isn’t too bad.  Sometimes we would walk and stop in the farmers market that is near by.  

The shuttle basically takes you thru the parking area and to the edge of the old town.   It is still a walk from  there to the main section but there is a lot to see on the way.

We docked at both and liked the one further out and found it to actually be closer if you can understand that.    At the one that seems closer you have a steep hill to go up and you can either walk up the steep road, take the stairs,  or the incline that has a fee.  

The buses run pretty fast, it is also a nice walk and really not that far.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I appreciate the info. 

1 hour ago, miched said:

We docked at both and liked the one further out and found it to actually be closer if you can understand that.  

Thanks so much for all your information!  I’m just trying to understand what you mean here by closer — closer to what?  

If you want to walk from that farther out dock to the Upper Town, would you need to go up the Cap Blanc stairs?

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks so much for all your information!  I’m just trying to understand what you mean here by closer — closer to what?  

If you want to walk from that farther out dock to the Upper Town, would you need to go up the Cap Blanc stairs?

Thanks again!

If you want to go to the upper part from the “further” out  dock where there are buses you will walk along a road from where you are dropped off and will be at the upper level.  There are restaurants, coffee shops, stirs and etc on the way along with murals.  For me that is a nicer area than the lower level as that level is mostly souvenir shops.

If you dock at the area across from the hotel you will be at the lower level and will have to use stairs, the steep road or the incline elevator to get to the to level.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

5 minutes ago, miched said:

If you want to go to the upper part from the “further” out  dock where there are buses you will walk along a road from where you are dropped off and will be at the upper level.  There are restaurants, coffee shops, stirs and etc on the way along with murals.  For me that is a nicer area than the lower level as that level is mostly souvenir shops.

So the shuttle bus from Wharf 102 in the boonies will drop us in Upper Town?   No need for stairs or funicular?   That would be nice!   

Please correct me if I misunderstood, and thanks again!