LOS with Family

KSGal

I've only been on two cruises, but I am serious when it comes to my family vacations!  Doesn't matter if it's WDW, a cross country trip or what~I'm a planner.  Last night, spur of the moment decision, we decided to book a cruise over Thanksgiving to celebrate my husband's retirement.  We are taking our children-12,14,16.  The kids have never been on a cruise and my current work schedule isn't going to allow me time to research like I always do.  We are going to Grand Cayman, Falmouth, & Cozumel out of Galveston.  Leaving Nov 17th.  So what are the most knows about our trip and things you can recommend for my kids.  The boys can hang together and will probably have a great time, but they won't want to hang with their sister 😞

Thoughts, tips, recommendations are appreciated!!

Edited by KSGal

Just now, KSGal said:

I've only been on two cruises, but I am serious when it comes to my family vacations!  Doesn't matter if it's WDW, a cross country trip or what~I'm a planner.  Last night, spur of the moment decision, we decided to book a cruise over Thanksgiving to celebrate my husband's retirement.  We are taking our children-12,14,16.  The kids have never been on a cruise and my current work schedule isn't going to allow me time to research like I always do.  We are going to Grand Cayman, Falmouth, & Cozumel.  So what are the most knows about our trip and things you can recommend for my kids.  The boys can hang together and will probably have a great time, but they won't want to hang with their sister 😞

Thoughts, tips, recommendations are appreciated!!

Start your research on the Ports of Call boards:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/456-caribbean/

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

Start your research on the Ports of Call boards:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/456-caribbean/

Thanks I will.  I was wondering more about the ship itself.  We've always doing Carnival.  Having been to these ports myself~ I'm leaning towards Sanchos in Cozumel, one of the Stingray tours in GC and not sure about Jamaica yet.  

Liberty is one of my favorite ships...love the Voyager and Freedom class ships.  Your 12yo will be in Adventure Ocean while the 14 and 16yo will be in the teen club with much less structured activities and the freedom to come and go as they please.   If your boys are the teenagers it would work out well for them to hang together and their sister to have a more structured way to meet her own friends on board.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dplusd said:

Liberty is one of my favorite ships...love the Voyager and Freedom class ships.  Your 12yo will be in Adventure Ocean while the 14 and 16yo will be in the teen club with much less structured activities and the freedom to come and go as they please.   If your boys are the teenagers it would work out well for them to hang together and their sister to have a more structured way to meet her own friends on board.

Thank you, I appreciate the info!  I think it will work well, she's outgoing and will make friends easy!

If your kids have never had a dolphin encounter excursion, it's pretty magical at times. We did one that also included visiting the adjacent Turtle Farm (this was in Grand Cayman). Plan to pay the extra money for digital photos of the experience; they can come in handy. 

Richard. 

• Like 1

Strait to the teen  club's when you board as they form there clicks really quickly as been reported kids going second day did not like it because they felt like they did not fit in , maybe shy less outgoing 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dplusd said:

No, unless they’ve changed recently, the teen groups would be 12-14 and 15-17. Sometimes they are combined for some activities depending on how many are onboard. 

What's the chances that Mr. Sanchos will open up before we go?  

I really wanted to take the kids there!  🤔

Any similiar suggestions?

I think they would be board at Nachi......

Edited by KSGal

33 minutes ago, KSGal said:

Paradise Beach

Chankanaab

2 hours ago, KSGal said:

I got this response from Mr Sanchos yesterday when I attempted to get reservations for some in my party. I have two spots but needed six more. 

“We thank you for your preference!

Unfortunately on November 19th, 2019 we are unable to accept more reservations as we have reached our maximum capacity, moreover we want to ensure good customer service and plenty of room for our guests.

Although, feel free to contact us by phone or email anytime after 7:00 am local time on the day of visit to see if we have any cancellations.

We don’t have a waiting list. 

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Mr. Sancho's Beach Club”

I’ve been to Chankanaab as well. Not the same as Sanchos, but the kids would probably enjoy it. 

15 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I got this response from Mr Sanchos yesterday when I attempted to get reservations for some in my party. I have two spots but needed six more. 

“We thank you for your preference!

Unfortunately on November 19th, 2019 we are unable to accept more reservations as we have reached our maximum capacity, moreover we want to ensure good customer service and plenty of room for our guests.

Although, feel free to contact us by phone or email anytime after 7:00 am local time on the day of visit to see if we have any cancellations.

We don’t have a waiting list. 

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Mr. Sancho's Beach Club”

I’ve been to Chankanaab as well. Not the same as Sanchos, but the kids would probably enjoy it. 

Thank you~ I will def plan on scheduling something else.  Either Paradise or Chankanaab.

We went to Good Hope Estate when in Jamaica (Falmouth) and had a great time! We did the river tubing and adventure falls. There are several choices for activities—just look on their website. We did ours through Royal Caribbean so check your cruise planner too for excursions to Good Hope. I think the company that sponsors the excursions is Chukka Caribbean Adventures.