Cancelations

molsiesmom

Does anyone know if NCL would refund pre paid (free beverage package) gratuities if the cruise is canceled after final payment?  I know the fare is forfeited but I am wondering about those gratuities.   If they are refundable I can lower the price per person for travel insurance which would drop me to lower tier.    Of course I will ask NCL next time I call but was wondering if anyone here knows.  Thanks :)

1 hour ago, molsiesmom said:

Does anyone know if NCL would refund pre paid (free beverage package) gratuities if the cruise is canceled after final payment?  I know the fare is forfeited but I am wondering about those gratuities.   If they are refundable I can lower the price per person for travel insurance which would drop me to lower tier.    Of course I will ask NCL next time I call but was wondering if anyone here knows.  Thanks 🙂

Yes. You get a full refund of anything other than the cruise fare. The cruise fare, you pay penalty per schedule. 

• Like 1

We had to cancel a 15 day cruise last month when I developed a devastating severe medical condition that greatly impaired my walking and enjoyment of the cruise. We got all the taxes, grats, everything back including the pre-paid DSC, paid water package, etc, but lost the basic fare and the two CNs.

We have applied to insurance to recover the cruise fare.

We're okay with this, and we wait and see.

Edited by bluesea777

You should get it all back, and if you have insurance and a good reason, like sickness to cancel you will get the rest back from the insurance company. If you don't carry insurance you will lose the actual cost of the cruise depending on how far from sailing your are. 

On 8/18/2019 at 12:47 PM, molsiesmom said:

Does anyone know if NCL would refund pre paid (free beverage package) gratuities if the cruise is canceled after final payment?  I know the fare is forfeited but I am wondering about those gratuities.   If they are refundable I can lower the price per person for travel insurance which would drop me to lower tier.    Of course I will ask NCL next time I call but was wondering if anyone here knows.  Thanks 🙂

Even after final payment some of the cruise fare is refundable up until a specified date. Anything you have pre paid is always refundable if you don't sail as are port fees and taxes.

On 8/18/2019 at 7:56 PM, bluesea777 said:

We had to cancel a 15 day cruise last month when I developed a devastating severe medical condition that greatly impaired my walking and enjoyment of the cruise. We got all the taxes, grats, everything back including the pre-paid DSC, paid water package, etc, but lost the basic fare and the two CNs.

We have applied to insurance to recover the cruise fare.

We're okay with this, and we wait and see.

I forgot to add that we got all the monies we paid for the NCL excursions refunded to our credit card.

UPDATE: we received word from NCL Insurance that the check is in the mail for the full cruise amount.

Edited by bluesea777