Some of you have been away

Hope your back and come in today

Don't know how the numbers will lay

But you have to face them this day

So step on the scale to weigh

Either up or down you got to say

To the Wonderful Group of People on this Thursday

Hope you have a Smile and had the numbers Go your way

*Liquid Sunshine..California Slang because we never have rain:classic_rolleyes::classic_biggrin:

Edited by Belle
  • Like 3

Awww, Belle, that was a cute one!  My meetings don't start until later this morning so I had some time to sit down and fill in my tracking spreadsheet (because tracking in MFP isn't enough, I must have a spreadsheet! :-)).  I'm down 4 pounds this week!  Maybe things are starting to click.

I have to say I didn't get back on an exercise routine as planned, but I'm not going to worry about it.  I will get there when I can.

@JennyB1977 High five, you!   We're on a roll this week!

Feeling good heading into the weekend (we can say that on Thursday, right?)!

• Like 3

On 8/16/2019 at 6:13 PM, RobinCruiser said:

I'll be 50 in January and I tell you, this baby weight is sure stubborn. (lol - my youngest will be 19 in NOV).

@Jasonmom Definitely don't round up unless you are .6 or higher. And MFP is My Fitness Pal. A good place to track your calories.

I carried this over from last week, hope that is OK.  What day in January?  I will be 50 on January 7th.  I know what you mean about that baby weight, my youngest just turned 13 and the weight is just really that stubborn. LoL

1 hour ago, JennyB1977 said:

@Belle you are soo clever!! Down 3.2 lbs this week!!! Thrilled is an understatement. Today is carb day so pasta for lunch and ice cream for dinner LOL

Great job on the 3.2lb.  After my cruise, or if I plateau, I have got to check into this diet.  Love the idea of not having to cut out some things so much.  Right now I'm doing low carb and sometimes I just really want a fry or something sweet.

1 hour ago, AndyB said:

I'm down 4 pounds this week!  Maybe things are starting to click.

Feeling good heading into the weekend (we can say that on Thursday, right?)!

Down 4lb this week is amazing.  Can you refresh my memory and let me know what diet you are following?  I do not think it is too early to think about the weekend.

Well, I'm excited to say I lost 6.0lb this last week.  Am down to 220.0lb (yea, I've started doing the 1/10th pounds).  That is 1lb less than I weighed when I went to my brother's for 10 days.  I know the weight has probably come off faster because I was just re-losing the 9lb I gained while at my brother's house.  

To reach my goal of being 199lb before the cruise I would have to loose just over 4lb a week for the next 5 weeks.  Even though I want to keep up my hopes of getting there, I don't want to set myself up to being upset if it doesn't happen.  At 2lb / week that will have me to 210lb before the cruise.  I will try to be happy with that (if I can do that) but really want to see that 199lb.  I know I'll gain at least 10lb on cruise (shoot I gained 9lb staying with my brother, and can't say I ate that much).

😁   37 days till I leave for my cruise   😁

• Like 3

Amazing job all .... simply amazing!!!!

I am down, but not what you all are I lost 0.8# this week for a total of 28.8# -- I'll take it.  

Sunday was my anniversary and we spent a few days along the coast ... we went to see a Maine comic, had lots of wine in small cafe's, and being on the coast we had to have Italian!  It was so good, been a long time since I've had fettucini with a white garlic cause and shrimp ... (and split a bottle of wine).  I'm surprised I lost anything.  (It was our 46# - how time flies).

Belle - thanks for starting this thread - poem is wonderful!  Jan 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jan_In_Maine said:

I am down, but not what you all are I lost 0.8# this week for a total of 28.8# -- I'll take it.  

Sunday was my anniversary and we spent a few days along the coast ... we went to see a Maine comic, had lots of wine in small cafe's, and being on the coast we had to have Italian!  It was so good, been a long time since I've had fettucini with a white garlic cause and shrimp ... (and split a bottle of wine).  I'm surprised I lost anything.  (It was our 46# - how time flies).

Any week with a loss is great.  

Congratulations on the 46 years.  Amazing.

mmmm,   fettuccine with garlic sauce and shrimp, wine,    yummmmmmmmmm  (I'm soooo craving carbs right now)

• Like 1

I lost 1.5 lbs this week.  4 lbs altogether in the last two weeks so not too bad.  I'm on the 21 day fix and normally lose the most in the early part of the program.  I have one more week, then I'll take a few days off and start again.  I have 80 days till my cruise so I still have time. 

My problem is that suddenly I have arch pain in my foot, and I have to walk.  Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I'll do the weight machines at the gym today instead of the treadmill and hope I feel better tomorrow.

Sounds like everyone did well this week!

• Like 4

@CarolinaGirl2010 If you have a tennis, lacrosse or squash type ball try rolling your foot, ankle, Achilles on it. A lot of time arch pain is caused by tightness in the ankle/Achilles. Also, using your big toe as a point draw the entire alphabet (capital letters) twice several times throughout the day. It helps loosen everything 🙂

• Like 2

Wowsers! You guys are awesome!!! I'm sorry to break the train but I'm up 0.6 this week. 😞  Too many treats. But I do have a non-scale victory to share... I have a pair of shorts that two weeks ago would not even do up. Last Thursday, I could them up but with a very noticeable muffin top.. Today, I can do them up and the muffin top is almost gone... Yay! 

@Belle I love your little poems to start the thread! 

@JennyB1977 Congrats on your fabulous loss!! I'm going to have to look at the diet plan more closely...

@AndyB Congratulations on your loss this week. What sort of fitness plan are you hoping to start? I do Jillian Michaels DVDs and walk the dog or treadmill. I also really like doing Yoga. I enjoy Yoga with Adrienne. She is funny, and has tons of free, online videos. She has a website and her videos are on YouTube.

@Jasonmom I'll be 50 January 14th. You share the same birthday as my other friend Robyn. I always tease her since she's older than me by a week. Congratulations on your great loss! It's good to set goals, and mini goals. I think 210 would be a great mini-goal on your way to 199. I know I'll gain weight on my trip too but I want to enjoy myself. I'll get back on the wagon as soon as I get home. 38 days for me!!

@Jan_In_Maine Congratulations on your loss and your anniversary! Wow, 46! That's awesome, I'll be hitting 24 this September. 

@CarolinaGirl2010 Congratulations on your loss! Sorry to hear about foot pain. I know my daughter used to get that cramp type pain in her foot when skating. Jenny had some great suggestions.  We were also told it could mean dehydration and lack of potassium by her coach. She always encouraged eating a banana and drinking a glass of water before her morning skates. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JennyB1977 said:

@CarolinaGirl2010 If you have a tennis, lacrosse or squash type ball try rolling your foot, ankle, Achilles on it. A lot of time arch pain is caused by tightness in the ankle/Achilles. Also, using your big toe as a point draw the entire alphabet (capital letters) twice several times throughout the day. It helps loosen everything 🙂

Thanks @JennyB1977   I'll try that. I'm thinking it may be my shoes, I've noticed my foot lately rolling in, so I may look into new ones this weekend.

• Like 2

jennyb, Andrea, Jasonsmom, awesome losses.

Jan and Carolinagirl, congrats to you too.  

Robincruiser, you and I are in the same boat.  I am up .02 this week, making me .04 over my goal weight.   Hopefully, I will be there when I weigh in next week.

Rose 

I also didn't lose this week and am exactly the same as last week. However, my scale also measures body fat, and it is down for the week, so I'll take it! I've been losing pretty consistent for the last 6 weeks, so I'm just chalking this one up to hormones and stress because I didn't really have any cheats. We leave in 8 days, so if it's not gone now, I'm probably not going to lose it by next Friday! I wonder how many calories I will burn by getting out the suit cases, packing, and then repacking to make all our stuff fit? 😄

• Like 4

Congrats on all the weight loss! 

For the umpteenth week in a row I stayed the same. I am also on my monthly so that doesn't really help much LOL I did start taking a daily vitamin since I hardly eat in the summertime. I can't eat when it is hot. Can it be winter already?! 

My cruise is in 100 days and I would love to be 199 so 5 pounds. I started Beachbody exercises back again so hopefully that helps too.

I had a non scale victory. I tried on my favorite shorts. They are a large and a bit snug especially in the thighs but nothing ripped so that's a plus right?!?! 

• Like 2

WOW What a GREAT week your all having! Good loss's, stay the samers and even the

gains were very small.  I lost half a pound.  I'll take it.

Wish every week could be like this but we know just take each week as they come.

......but can wish weeks like this more often!:classic_smile:

Jan..Happy Anniversary. Sounds like you had a great time and you even lost. Congrats!

Rose..Your keeping at goal weight. Good job!

Jenny..The diet is working for you.

Andrea..Your tracking and exercise is doing good.

Jasonmom..Doing good, yes be happy with whatever you lose for your cruise.

Carolina..Glad you lost buy sorry you have foot pain. Get better.

Robin..Yes on the shorts fitting. That's a win!

Melmar. Hope see you next week. Packing is exercise! Bon Voyage if you don't.

Jess..Good job on exercise and the shorts.

Thanks all for still liking my poems or whatever you call them. Hope it helps with

a like humor to get an other week started with a thought and a smile.:classic_smile:

• Like 2

Thought I was going to report no loss but I got up this morning and I am down one pound!

Belle great poem and congrats on the loss

Jenny, Andrea, Jason's mom, Jan, Carolina, cruise 42 great losses

Robin, Melmar, jess&Levi gotta love those non scale victories

Rose it bet if feels great being that close to your goal.

Sounds like everyone had a successful week.

I do consider packing a workout since I have to try everything on before it goes in the suitcase and I add/remove things about 10 times😁

cruise42 enjoy your cruise!

Kim

• Like 2

Cruises42..Great loss for your cruise! Bon Voyage!

Bolt..Doesn't it feel good to have a loss when you think you won't.

Hope more people come in and said they did well, even if didn't have a loss come in.....

will have a loss next week.

• Like 2

Wow, so much good news this week!

JasonMom, congratulations on the 6-pound loss!  I think you're right to scale back that goal of 199 by the cruise - don't put that pressure on yourself.  4+ pound loss in a week is not the norm, I find.  Just enjoy your success, and enjoy that cruise!

Jan, any loss is a great loss - congrats on your 46th anniversary!  I'm sure that pasta was a treat, and we all deserve that once in a while.

Bolt and Cruises42, great losses!  And Cruises42, have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Robincruiser, Melmar, Nyer, JessandLevi - don't sweat the scale this week - those NSV's are fantastic!

Well, my 4-pound loss didn't last long - back up 1.5 this morning (the downside of weighing every day is seeing all the little "adjustments" your body makes).  I'm going to chalk it up to excess sodium, as that's the only thing I can see from my food log that would contribute.   Not discouraged, though - I am really feeling better these days, sleeping better, more energy.  The weight will follow.

21 hours ago, RobinCruiser said:

@AndyB Congratulations on your loss this week. What sort of fitness plan are you hoping to start? I do Jillian Michaels DVDs and walk the dog or treadmill. I also really like doing Yoga. I enjoy Yoga with Adrienne. She is funny, and has tons of free, online videos. She has a website and her videos are on YouTube.

I really don't have a plan in place to get exercise back in my routine.  But I have the BeachBody subscription so I have access to all their stuff.  21-day fix looks like a good place to start.  I just need to get myself moving.  For me, cardio is most important as I'm concerned with heart health.  Body-weight strength moves will be good too.

IT'S FRIDAY !!!!!  And I don't know why I'm excited, 'cause I have to work much of the weekend, but hope you all have a great one!!

• Like 3

TGIF! Congratulations on your losses Belle, Bolt and Cruises42. Enjoy your cruise, Cruises42.

Staying the same is not so bad, Melmar and JessandLevi. Sounds like you both had non-weight victories. 

AndyB I actually love cardio... I started off walking around my neighbourhood, walking the programs on the treadmill, and worked up to jogging. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

• Like 3

I just have to share ... I am so proud of my daughter.  She has been working on getting healthy for the past 2-3 months and has lost over 30# ... we went yesterday for her first wedding dress fitting and the seamstress wanted her to pick out a different wedding gown.  My DD said no, so now they have to take the dress in (remove the zipper and over 8" of fabric) then redo the zipper ... It is amazing what she has accomplished.  She has met her first goal ... and will try to just maintain for the next month.  Then after the wedding she wants to lose the rest of the weight.  She is 2 inches taller than I am and weighs 16# more than I do ... but can wear a smaller size than I do in clothes ... Everyone's body structure is so different.  She looks so good!    (PS her fiance says she isn't a bridezilla she is a dietzilla).  

• Like 3

Jan..Your daughter has done so good before her wedding. Taking in her dress a lot but she loves it!

Like Dietzilla. Wish I/we all could be a Dietzilla. Look at the weight we could lose!:classic_ohmy:

I know different sizes for women. Some at same weight, one is wearing smaller size then the other.

Doesn't make sense sometimes.

• Like 1

Jan, your daughter sounds amazing!  Good for her losing those 30#, and I know she'll continue on to her goal.  Best wishes for her and her hubbie-to-be!!

I just got online to plug in my food from last night - had friends over - play date for our dogs, wine and cheese for us.  I did my best to only put out low-carb options with lots of veggies (plus some plain crackers which I tried to avoid).  We had a nice picnic-style dinner while the dogs played.  My friends recently got engaged so it was nice to catch up and hear the proposal story.

Back to my normal eating plan today, starting off with some scrambled eggs (with a tiny bit of salami from last night) and avocado!