Laundry on the Grand Princess

pauladolla

We will be taking a 10 day Alaskan cruise in Sept on the Grand  Princess and we are planning to  pack light. Is anyone familiar with laundry facilities on board or cost to have items cleaned.  Can't seem to find any information on Princess website.

There are self-service laundry rooms on all floors with passenger cabins. Cost is $3 to wash and another $3 to dry each load. Detergent is available for $1.50. Most people bring  detergent from home.

There is also a full service laundry if you prefer to pay Princess to do the laundry.

• Like 1

We just got back from the Grand 10-day cruise to Alaska and back. FYI, the dryer cycles leave a bit to be desired. I did a small load of children's clothing, and 40-some minutes later when the load beeped, most items were still wet. So either plan for 2 dry cycles or prepare to hand some items to air-dry! 

We used the Deck 11 aft laundry room and the W/Ds worked fine. However, one of the two irons was broken and the "working" one left a lot to be desired. Plus, no way to fill with water if you wanted steam unless you bring your own water with you.

We waaaaay over-packed. Won't do it again.

On 8/25/2019 at 6:51 PM, denmarks said:

Shirt/blouse - $3.50

Formal shirt/blouse - $4.25

T-shirts - $2.75

Slacks/pants - $4.50

Undershirts - $1.50

Underwear/panties - $1.25

Slips-$2.25

Bra - $1.75

Handkerchiefs - $1

Socks - $1.25

Nightgown/PJs - $3.75

Sheesh!  It's cheaper to just buy new underwear and socks!  Other cruise lines launder your clothes "whatever you can fit in this bag".  I guess I'll be stalking the laundry rooms.  Do you know if there are specific hours you can use the laundry room?  I would imagine so, so you don't bother people that are in the rooms surrounding.

2 hours ago, austenfiend said:

Sheesh!  It's cheaper to just buy new underwear and socks!  Other cruise lines launder your clothes "whatever you can fit in this bag".  I guess I'll be stalking the laundry rooms.  Do you know if there are specific hours you can use the laundry room?  I would imagine so, so you don't bother people that are in the rooms surrounding.

Good luck buying a pair of sock for $1.25. Maybe at the Dollar Store.

Those passengers with Elite status get free laundry service. Probably, with the mini bar set-up, the best perk of being Elite. 

No, we're not better, or really special people; it's just Princess' recognition of loyalty to those who cruise frequently.

1 hour ago, austenfiend said:

My wife says it's posted 8:00am to 10:00pm. The laundry we used did not adjoin any staterooms.