Aqauanauts 5 and 3 yr old, meal time

Hello!

We are taking out first family cruise on Allure of the Seas in January.  Want to get the kids in the Aquanaut program and have some special meal times between wife and I.  At home, we typically eat with the kids at 530 PM and we are looking forward to a more adult type dinner.

How does dinner work for the kids in the Aquanaut program for kids aged 5 and 3?

If you have early seating in the MDR, you can sign up for the kids club staff to pick up the kids from the MDR at 6:40 and bring them to the club so you can have dinner to yourselves. The meal for the kids is expedited. Alternatively, you can bring the kids to the Windjammer for their own dinner and then have an adult meal after you've dropped them off for the evening session in the kids club.

Edited by spacepotatoes

7 minutes ago, gerif said:

Don’t know if Allure does it every night but sometimes they take the kids to the Windjammer for dinner. You need to sign up in advance and I think they can just get pizza. 

When we were on Harmony, this was offered every night so I bet Allure offers it too.

OP:  This option is called Adventure Dining.  You sign up at kids club and drop off kids at 5pm or so, and councilors take kids to WJ for dinner.  They usually have a roped off section just for the kids and they have food available in there so kids are not wandering around the entire WJ by themselves.  The other option mentioned used to be called My Family Time Dining.  Similarly, you sign up at kids club earlier in the day, and then meet them just outside MDR around 6:40.  

1 hour ago, RSLeesburg said:

When we were on Harmony, this was offered every night so I bet Allure offers it too.

OP:  This option is called Adventure Dining.  You sign up at kids club and drop off kids at 5pm or so, and councilors take kids to WJ for dinner.  They usually have a roped off section just for the kids and they have food available in there so kids are not wandering around the entire WJ by themselves.  The other option mentioned used to be called My Family Time Dining.  Similarly, you sign up at kids club earlier in the day, and then meet them just outside MDR around 6:40.  

This is the exact program we used on HOTS also. Kids had to be at Aquanauts by 5:30pm to participate in the dinner at the WJ....After they eat they are taken back to Adventure Ocean for the evening program...Our little loved this dinner option !!!

2 hours ago, RSLeesburg said:

it is still called My Family Time Dining. We used it on our last 2 cruises on Harmony. Granddaughter loved it. 

On 8/29/2019 at 9:05 AM, 1025cruise said:

You can always take the kids to the buffet before dropping them off.

What do you mean before we drop them off?  We are planning to drop them in the AM.  Is there a break at some point where we have to collect them or can they go all day without a break?

On 8/29/2019 at 1:32 PM, molsonschooner said:

it is still called My Family Time Dining. We used it on our last 2 cruises on Harmony. Granddaughter loved it. 

These are two entirely different programs:

Adventure Dining

My Family Time Dining

30 minutes ago, jmedelman said:

What do you mean before we drop them off?  We are planning to drop them in the AM.  Is there a break at some point where we have to collect them or can they go all day without a break?

No, they do expect you to feed them lunch at least. I think the hours are something like 9-12, 2-5 and 7-10 (after which there is an hourly charge. On port days you can leave them all day. 

2 minutes ago, gerif said:

No, they do expect you to feed them lunch at least. I think the hours are something like 9-12, 2-5 and 7-10 (after which there is an hourly charge. On port days you can leave them all day. 

There is no break between 5:00 & 7:00pm....that's when they take them as a group for Adventure Dining in the WJ or at least that's how it worked on Harmony for the Aquanauts program. We never used the morning sessions....but I would imagine if they were there on port days during the lunch hours ....arrangements would be made by the staff to provide lunch.

I'm sure someone with experience will post the details of that situation.

17 minutes ago, Ashland said:

There is no break between 5:00 & 7:00pm....that's when they take them as a group for Adventure Dining in the WJ or at least that's how it worked on Harmony for the Aquanauts program. We never used the morning sessions....but I would imagine if they were there on port days during the lunch hours ....arrangements would be made by the staff to provide lunch.

That’s IF you plan to use Adventure Dining. Of course, OP is assuming their kids will want to be there during all available hours. Some might, some might not. Have experienced both. Also, the younger child must be completely potty trained. 

While I can't say for certain (no kids), I believe the kids clubs do close for a couple of periods so the staff can get a break and eat themselves.

But, I can't imagine doing a family cruise with the intention of dropping kids off at the kids club the second they open after breakfast with the intention of not seeing them again until it's time for bed.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Well, technically there is a break from the aquanauts programming. Theres no activities, most kids leave and it's usually movie time and they go with all the older kids for dinner. 

Lunch on a port day works the same as dinner. Pizza and fries, maybe chicken tenders in the windjammer.

On sea days theres no lunch and they close down for 2 hours. Of course, you can leave your kids but theres a $1 a minute, a child late fee Haha! 

5 hours ago, GarlicBread said:

Well, technically there is a break from the aquanauts programming. Theres no activities, most kids leave and it's usually movie time and they go with all the older kids for dinner. 

Lunch on a port day works the same as dinner. Pizza and fries, maybe chicken tenders in the windjammer.

On sea days theres no lunch and they close down for 2 hours. Of course, you can leave your kids but theres a $1 a minute, a child late fee Haha! 

Well "technically" not how it worked when we were on Harmony...Perhaps you experienced something different when you were and used the Aquanauts program.

13 hours ago, Ashland said:

Well "technically" not how it worked when we were on Harmony...Perhaps you experienced something different when you were and used the Aquanauts program.

"Technically" Didnt use the aquanaut program.

Worked the aquanaut program. 

On many ships 👍

You must have got the one harmony cruise it was different...or they've changed it in the last 3 months...which I doubt. 

So tell me, what session did they run during this time, what craft, science, games did they do? Guarentee you none, because it's a break from the programming! 

On 9/2/2019 at 8:17 PM, jmedelman said:

Why not leave them with relations before you travel? I’m sure the kids would like an occasional friendly adult face they recognise and it doesn’t sound like they’ll see much of their parents. 

2 hours ago, GarlicBread said:

"Technically" Didnt use the aquanaut program.

Worked the aquanaut program. 

On many ships 👍

You must have got the one harmony cruise it was different...or they've changed it in the last 3 months...which I doubt. 

So tell me, what session did they run during this time, what craft, science, games did they do? Guarentee you none, because it's a break from the programming! 

As I posted we got our little one to the Aquanauts at 5:30pm (the designated timeframe for them to be included in dinner) they left soon after I think by 6:00pm to go to the WJ for dinner. There was staff there at 5:30 no one seemed to be taking a "break"...sure there was no "organized program" for that 1/2 hour but none was expected for that short period of time.

On 9/2/2019 at 5:30 PM, 1025cruise said:

While I can't say for certain (no kids), I believe the kids clubs do close for a couple of periods so the staff can get a break and eat themselves.

But, I can't imagine doing a family cruise with the intention of dropping kids off at the kids club the second they open after breakfast with the intention of not seeing them again until it's time for bed.

I certainly agree with you. Last cruise it was myself, DW, DS and his 5 year old daughter. On sea days she did go to AO in the morning, we all spent the afternoon together, pool, carousel, etc. As I mentioned before, we did My Family Time Dining. After being at  AO for a few hours in the evening, we picked her up, more carousel or lucky climber, a snack then bed time for her. 

We are cruising in May on Oasis. I asked DS if he would do Adventure Dining. His response was,"NO way, we all enjoy spending time with family, be it at dinner or pool time or whatever"

• Like 1