drink package options

yep another "drink package" post.

so I am trying to think of how to do this. My issues is that my wife does not drink, I do and so does my father-in-law who will be with us on this cruise. We have 2 cabins, one with my wife and myself, and then my FIL in the other one. How can we purchase the 2 packages while not getting one for my wife who does not drink at all?

Have your father-in-law swap staterooms with your wife on the booking.

Buy the packages.

Once onboard go to Guest Services and get extra keys for your wife and father-in-law so they can stay in the original staterooms.

• Like 4

That is what I was thinking as well. I will need to call them to to get this done.

1 more question, I plan on getting the voom and beverage package. does anyone know if I can get that and a single beverage package? There is no need for 2 internet packages but if I can save $8 per day, i want to. 

You needed to make the decision BEFORE booking the cruise.

The problem with Bob's suggestion is that one person on the original booking has to remain on it or it gets cancelled.  New booking, so current promotions and prices for the single room (your room is just a name change).  The person in the single cabin pays single supplement and gets two points per day.  So if FIL is paying for his own cabin his price gets a lot cheaper and yours gets to greatly increase.  

If you booked within 24 hours this change could be free.  Outside that, if you booked with nonrefundable deposit FIL will lose at least $100 on booking (rest goes to a future credit).  Can't remember if those rules apply to single bookings, though.  

The EASIER solution might be just to buy the $20/day refreshment package for your wife.  Have to do this by calling.  Kind of expensive if she doesn't drink fancy coffee, tea, soft drinks and bottled water.

VOOM can be purchased either separately or with either the deluxe drink package or soda package.  They don't have a bundle with the refreshment package.  Price VOOM either with or without drinks.

Edited by LeeW
more
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheChefslc said:

That is what I was thinking as well. I will need to call them to to get this done.

1 more question, I plan on getting the voom and beverage package. does anyone know if I can get that and a single beverage package? There is no need for 2 internet packages but if I can save $8 per day, i want to. 

Yes, you can.

Yes, you can do that, but not via the website, you would have to call to order that way.

1 minute ago, LeeW said:

The problem with Bob's suggestion is that one person on the original booking has to remain on it or it gets cancelled. ...

Correct, and I missed that.

So what about having the husband join the father-in-law in the current father-in-law's stateroom.

3 minutes ago, LeeW said:

You needed to make the decision BEFORE booking the cruise.

The problem with Bob's suggestion is that one person on the original booking has to remain on it or it gets cancelled.  New booking, so current promotions and prices for the single room (your room is just a name change).  The person in the single cabin pays single supplement and gets two points per day.  So if FIL is paying for his own cabin his price gets a lot cheaper and yours gets to greatly increase.  

If you booked within 24 hours this change could be free.  Outside that, if you booked with nonrefundable deposit FIL will lose at least $100 on booking (rest goes to a future credit).  Can't remember if those rules apply to single bookings, though.  

The EASIER solution might be just to buy the $20/day refreshment package for your wife.  Have to do this by calling.  Kind of expensive if she doesn't drink fancy coffee, tea, soft drinks and bottled water.

OK, so she could have the water package, and myself the beer package? I was under the impression that we both had to have the same package. 

OK, so she could have the water package, and myself the beer package? I was under the impression that we both had to have the same package. 

There is no beer package.

She could have the Refreshment package and you could have the Deluxe package.   This can only be done by calling.

13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Correct, and I missed that.

So what about having the husband join the father-in-law in the current father-in-law's stateroom.

Seems like that would work - would moving OP to another booking on the same sailing trigger the penalty if it was a non-refundable deposit? 

Only negative would be the wife would get the double points not the FIL who paid the single supplement. That might not matter to some, but might matter to others. 

3 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Seems like that would work - would moving OP to another booking on the same sailing trigger the penalty if it was a non-refundable deposit?

Shouldn't.  The penalty should only occur if the ship or sailing date is changed.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

There is no beer package.

She could have the Refreshment package and you could have the Deluxe package.   This can only be done by calling.

I just attempted to do this, but they would not let me unfortunately . I do not see myself drinking $700 worth of booze. It was worth a try though. 

7 minutes ago, TheChefslc said:

I just attempted to do this, but they would not let me unfortunately . I do not see myself drinking $700 worth of booze. It was worth a try though. 

Call back, say your spouse cannot drink alcohol. Keep trying.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jaminvermont said:

Is there a special # to call, Bob?

No special number, just the regular RC customer service number.

However, if you are a member of C&A, you can try calling them:  800-526-9723

• Like 1

I was finally able to get this done. It was a few phone calls but I did it.

I am guessing my failures came from going to the "drink package" team. When I selected just using the general support on my booking option, the rep was able to get it done for me.

$550 later, I now have voom, unlimited booze, and the wife has unlimited water and coffee/juice.

We are bringing our girls (8 and 6) with us so that helps offset the extra $150 for "my" drink package.

Edited by TheChefslc
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, TheChefslc said:

I am guessing my failures came from going to the "drink package" team. When I selected just using the general support on my booking option, the rep was able to get it done for me.

$550 later, I now have voom, unlimited booze, and the wife has unlimited water and coffee/juice.

We are bringing our girls (8 and 6) with us so that helps offset the extra $150 for "my" drink package.

Thanks for reporting back.

2 hours ago, TheChefslc said:

Glad you got it all sorted out!  Enjoy the cruise!

3 hours ago, TheChefslc said:

Glad you got this sorted out but fail to see how bringing your children will offset the cost. You do know you can’t “share” a drink package, right?

2 minutes ago, gerif said:

Glad you got this sorted out but fail to see how bringing your children will offset the cost. You do know you can’t “share” a drink package, right?

That is how I read  his post:  He plans to give his daughters drinks from his package.

@TheChefslc ?