What are your favorite foods on Princess Ships?

Cruisin' Family

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am not the one who started the comments, such as the 'nuclear green goddess'.

Maybe the cheerleaders should direct some comments towards others who have noticed these things.

I only posted because others posted first.

Ohhhh,  and those little flower-pats are not pure dairy butter.  (used to be able to find square wrapped pats on some ships?)  

Two tiny packets of real sugar on a 4-top, if any at all, is not providing real sugar.

I am simply not the first or only person who has noticed all of these things.

With that, I have NEVER said that I did not like the Regal.

Only the food and dining we experienced, just after the changeover to the new menus and dining service.

My experience was what it was...

With that, I have said what I needed to say about the food we experienced.

I will no longer engage....  No need....

I should have said that you did not like some of the food on Regal.  I did not word it right.  I thought that  ship that you " about poisoned myself" on you did not like. 

After all who would want to be all most poisoned on a ship . 

Edited by geocruiser

Fruit Tartlets!  They were at the International Café every day and I ate so many of them.  They are the best shortbread cookie I've ever had, topped with a light whipped cream and fresh fruit.  So good!  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, camper49 said:

Would there be French Onion soup on the buffet?

Sometimes there's French Onion soup on the buffet.  I scope out the soup first thing - I'm a soup person.  I love clam chowder, but I'm not fond of Princess clam chowder - it's not creamy enough, it's more on the watery side.

Edited by elliair

2 minutes ago, elliair said:

Sometimes there's French Onion soup on the buffet.  I scope out the soup first thing - I'm a soup person.  I love clam chowder, but I'm not fond of Princess clam chowder - it's not creamy enough, it's more on the watery side.

A good clam chowder is not too creamy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

A good clam chowder is not too creamy

Where I live it is.  Best clam chowder on the West Coast is at The Wharf, Bodega Bay, CA.  Very buttery and creamy chocked full of clams and served with hot sourdough bread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elliair said:

Where I live it is.  Best clam chowder on the West Coast is at The Wharf, Bodega Bay, CA.  Very buttery and creamy chocked full of clams and served with hot sourdough bread.

Most restaurants thicken it by adding flour - not cream - was in the business so I have seen it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

Most restaurants thicken it by adding flour - not cream - was in the business so I have seen it.

That's probably what happened to the Princess soups a few years back.

I do remember them being much better as well as the Fettuccine Alfredo. They've eliminated one of the more expensive cheeses along the way.  

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

That's probably what happened to the Princess soups a few years back.

I do remember them being much better as well as the Fettuccine Alfredo. They've eliminated one of the more expensive cheeses along the way.  

I wonder what happened to the creamy Fettuccine Alfredo on Princess?  The last 2 cruises, it's been more buttery/oily with a few shakes of Parmesan Cheese.  Was disappointed.

• Like 1

The gluten free pasta with marinara sauce was very good - big chunks of fresh veggies included with the pasta:

47937490282_68ac4c0028_c.jpg

From the Crown Grill - there is a fish and shrimp dish that was so good - they were the biggest shrimp I've ever had and perfected fried along with a large, tender piece of pan seared halibut.

48662541378_b93e056c4a_c.jpg

Both my parents loved the blueberry roulade on the lunch dessert menu:

48663044377_f3828dbb05_c.jpg

And I loved, loved, loved the rice pudding - even though it was chock full of nasty raisins.

48662896826_95bd77599b_c.jpg

And one of the simplest but best is the watermelon and feta - until I started cruising I never thought of this combination but it's super good

48663045962_43ea9d14ed_c.jpg

The sparerib appetizer is also one of my favourites

48663046387_105ba061e9_c.jpg

My dad's favourite would be the chocolate eclairs from a lunch dessert menu

48662545713_d7e6d2b4de_c.jpg

Edited by meatloafsfan

4 minutes ago, meatloafsfan said:

The gluten free pasta with marinara sauce was very good - big chunks of fresh veggies included with the pasta:

47937490282_68ac4c0028_c.jpg

From the Crown Grill - there is a fish and shrimp dish that was so good - they were the biggest shrimp I've ever had and perfected fried along with a large, tender piece of pan seared halibut.

48662541378_b93e056c4a_c.jpg

Both my parents loved the blueberry roulade on the lunch dessert menu:

48663044377_f3828dbb05_c.jpg

And I loved, loved, loved the rice pudding - even though it was chock full of nasty raisins.

48662896826_95bd77599b_c.jpg

And one of the simplest but best is the watermelon and feta - until I started cruising I never thought of this combination but it's super good

48663045962_43ea9d14ed_c.jpg

The sparerib appetizer is also one of my favourites

48663046387_105ba061e9_c.jpg

My dad's favourite would be the chocolate eclairs from a lunch dessert menu

48662545713_d7e6d2b4de_c.jpg20181218_131018 by PATRICIA TODD, on Flickr

What no meatloaf!!!

Edited by geocruiser

6 hours ago, elliair said:

No, the best clam chowder on the West Coast is at Barbara's Fish Trap in Princton and made with lots of clams and starchy potatoes.

9 hours ago, elliair said:

I wonder what happened to the creamy Fettuccine Alfredo on Princess?  The last 2 cruises, it's been more buttery/oily with a few shakes of Parmesan Cheese.  Was disappointed.

You must have gotten a really poor batch. 

It's gotten cheaper over the years but still tastes decent. Whether it's due to he type of cheese being changed because of health concerns or just cost, it still doesn't taste the same. I suspect a little of both. 

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

You must have gotten a really poor batch. 

It's gotten cheaper over the years but still tastes decent. Whether it's due to he type of cheese being changed because of health concerns or just cost, it still doesn't taste the same. I suspect a little of both. 

I guess the 15 days of dried out fettuccine is an indication that it wasn't going to get better.  It's like doing the same thing over and over again expecting better results.  It's like the bacon on Lido, it's never changed from my experience and expecting it to is not being realistic....coffee too, so we bring our own.

18 minutes ago, elliair said:

I guess the 15 days of dried out fettuccine is an indication that it wasn't going to get better.  It's like doing the same thing over and over again expecting better results.  It's like the bacon on Lido, it's never changed from my experience and expecting it to is not being realistic....coffee too, so we bring our own.

lido will cook your bacon 'extra crispy' if you ask for it ... I do ... sometimes it's already there ... and sometimes you might have to wait for it

can't eat it otherwise ...

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, dznymom said:

One of my favorites is this smoked duck breast appetizer.  Yum!

IMG_5170.thumb.jpg.99557dc8c31233995ba0d0d7f912853a.jpg

We loved this too.  Our daughter used to order a double portion of it as an app and again as dessert!   

Unfortunately it has been removed from the menus and is no longer available for the last 2 years on the ships we have been on.   

16 hours ago, elliair said:

Best clam chowder on the West Coast is at The Wharf, Bodega Bay, CA.  Very buttery and creamy chocked full of clams and served with hot sourdough bread.

10 hours ago, brisalta said:

... the best clam chowder on the West Coast is at Barbara's Fish Trap in Princton and made with lots of clams and starchy potatoes.

I’ve tried both locations, I like the texture of the chowder in both locations but I think the The Wharf is more flavorful. 😊 Both locations are good - just my preference. 😊

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cruisintoddler said:

We loved this too.  Our daughter used to order a double portion of it as an app and again as dessert!   

Unfortunately it has been removed from the menus and is no longer available for the last 2 years on the ships we have been on.   

Oh darn, that's a shame.  I guess our last Princess cruise was November, 2017.  I know things change, so I will just have to fall in love with something new :)

20 hours ago, elliair said:

The Crown Grill has an excellent French Onion soup. I order it every time.