What are your favorite foods on Princess Ships?

Cruisin' Family

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

lido will cook your bacon 'extra crispy' if you ask for it ... I do ... sometimes it's already there ... and sometimes you might have to wait for it

can't eat it otherwise ...

When it comes to bacon, I'm looking for the apple smoked thick cut bacon, crispy.  I'm not going to find it on Princess, at least that's been my experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, cruisintoddler said:

We loved this too.  Our daughter used to order a double portion of it as an app and again as dessert!   

Unfortunately it has been removed from the menus and is no longer available for the last 2 years on the ships we have been on.   

I think I had the smoke duck appetizer on the Grand in 2017

My new favorite dessert is the Key Lime Pie dessert found on the dessert menu for both the Planks and the Steamers specialty restaurants on the Caribbean Princess.  We are always too full to eat it right after the dinner but they will allow us to take it back to our cabin.  We keep it in our cabin's refrigerator and eat it later for a bed-time snack.

This item, in my opinion, is the only dessert that is as good as the wild berry cobbler they used to have on the Crown Grill dessert menu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nukesubsailor said:

My new favorite dessert is the Key Lime Pie dessert found on the dessert menu for both the Planks and the Steamers specialty restaurants on the Caribbean Princess.  We are always too full to eat it right after the dinner but they will allow us to take it back to our cabin.  We keep it in our cabin's refrigerator and eat it later for a bed-time snack.

This item, in my opinion, is the only dessert that is as good as the wild berry cobbler they used to have on the Crown Grill dessert menu.

It's one of better ones. We always get a few extra slices for the next day also. 

I love the feta & watermelon in the MDR (reminded me when I saw a photo of it in an earlier post to this thread).  The husband and I both like the papardelle pasta with beef cheek in Sabatini's.  It's delicious!  Last time we both ordered it as a main instead of a second course.  The souffle's are my favorite desserts, along with the Normal Love Chocolate Journeys desserts.  There is nothing that really comes to mind that I did not like.  Oh, I also really like the pizza and the burgers from the Salty Dog are pretty good too!

Oh, and the suite breakfast dining room...LOVE the poached eggs with roasted potatoes and the french toast.  The french toast is amazing!  I'm gonna try asking for poached eggs and roasted potatoes in the MDR for one of our sea day breakfasts on our upcoming sailing on the Sky Princess.  Do you think they will oblige?  I don't like to be high maintenance, but it isn't much trouble for them, that would be amazing.

5 minutes ago, GettingMyShipTogether said:

My husband is still talking about this dessert 🤣 it was his standout food moment of the cruise

We even ordered a whole flourless chocolate cake from the head waiter even though he was pretty hesitant about doing it. Of course we shared it with the whole table on night 2 or 3 who remembers exactly ,but I love that particular dessert on Princess.

Some favorites of mine:

- The Goat Cheese Souffle, which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone reading this thread;

- The double beef consomme (not sure why, but it always seems to hit the spot)

- The spring roll appetizer typically found on the embarkation day dinner menu.  Don't know what they're doing there but they just seem unusually good.

• Like 2