Symphony felt really crowded

rance

We just got off of symphony and are waiting at the airport.

We had a really nice cruise, but symphony felt really crowded.

We have been on Oasis 2x and allure 1x and for some reason they didn't feel crowded.

Did they make a change with symphony? More cabins?

Thanks

9 hours ago, rance said:

We have been on Oasis 2x and allure 1x and for some reason they didn't feel crowded.

Thanks

Last week of vacation possible with the kids for many many people in the states.  My kids started Monday this week so we ended up cruising first week of August but would have preferred a little later just for a really nice way to end the summer

I sailed in February on Symphony and completely agree with you that it felt much more crowded than Oasis and Allure BUT I recall on Day 1 at Guest Services all the signs were showing no available cabins so we were clearly at full capacity. That's the risk you take the though with Oasis class, while it doesn't make or break the experience for me, I agree the overcrowding can be irritating. This is why Radiance and Voyager classes will always be my favourite because even at full capacity neither one feels crowded.

9 hours ago, rance said:

Thanks

Where did it feel really crowded?

When did it feel really crowded?

19 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Where did it feel really crowded?

When did it feel really crowded?

We cruised on the Symphony in July and I felt it was very crowded at all of the pools on the sea days. I wish the beach pool had more umbrellas. All three of the umbrellas were pretty much taken by 8:30 every morning!!

17 minutes ago, exercisemama said:

We cruised on the Symphony in July and I felt it was very crowded at all of the pools on the sea days. I wish the beach pool had more umbrellas. All three of the umbrellas were pretty much taken by 8:30 every morning!!

That is why we are out and sitting at the pool for the day by 7:30.  I want sun and husband wants shade, so on sea days, we get out there early and get our umbrella at the pool and chill for the day.

33 minutes ago, exercisemama said:

I would say that this is true on just about every cruise ship in the Caribbean.

I actually found it less crowded than Harmony! Both my sailings were in August (2018-Harmony, 2019-Symphony).

On Harmony, there were always long lines to get in to the Windjammer. Likewise, the food area on deck 16 was also very slow. I experienced neither of these issues on Symphony.

The one exception was the Solarium. The pool brought in a lot more people and it was busy at all times. 1 group also had a portable speaker playing music at all hours... (Even after midnight at times.)

22 hours ago, Andrew89 said:

BUT I recall on Day 1 at Guest Services all the signs were showing no available cabins so we were clearly at full capacity. .

Have taken 18 cruises on 4 different cruise lines.  They all posted that sign on day one.