Alaska cruise excursion clarifications needed

dodgestang

Nothing is ever easy....so many things to go sailing into Alaska.

When I was a kid I took an inner passage/glacier bay cruise....I've never forgotten it.

So....taking the family now that my kids are the age I was when I did this....

Here's my question...I want to take a helicopter that lands on the glacier, you get out you walk around.

But.......

I also see a 'helicopter and sled dog' excursion....I really like that idea....but....it isn't clear if they land the copter ON the glacier...or just kinda near it. 

We called the excursion company directly when we were looking at the helicopter one.  They can give you the information you want plus more.  We had booked thru the cruise line and their phone number was on their site.  Good luck and have fun.  We had to cancel that cruise but have booked Ovation for 2020 and are looking at a helicopter ride that takes you to a glacier and then lands and you take a float boat up close to the glaciers.

8 hours ago, dodgestang said:

I got my question answered....ended up booking helicopter ride to the glacier, land on the glacier, get on dog sled and then go dog sledding around for a bit...then fly back.  So really excited now 😉

We took this tour in Juneau - booked it privately, but it was awesome...here was my son riding on the back of the sled.

EC0EE397-B660-4483-AE6F-9231064E9D68.jpeg

On 9/3/2019 at 10:02 PM, dodgestang said:

Nothing is ever easy....so many things to go sailing into Alaska.

When I was a kid I took an inner passage/glacier bay cruise....I've never forgotten it.

So....taking the family now that my kids are the age I was when I did this....

Here's my question...I want to take a helicopter that lands on the glacier, you get out you walk around.

But.......

I also see a 'helicopter and sled dog' excursion....I really like that idea....but....it isn't clear if they land the copter ON the glacier...or just kinda near it. 

I have done this twice thru coastal helicopters in Juneau while on a cruise and it is definitely on the glacier!  It was the best excursion by far!  Enjoy

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, breezy_carol said:

Dodgestang.  I can't help with your question but just had to say HI from Elkton.  So rare to see another Cecil County person here.  We went on the Radiance just last month.

Neighbors from Rising Sun ;).

• Like 1