Passports Required For All Guests?

tickbite

Make sure you read the information on taking minors who are not your children. You need a notarized letter from both parents giving permission to take the children out of the country. They don’t usually ask to see it but If they do you could be denied boarding without it. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-family-legal-documents-do-i-need-to-board

17 hours ago, fredflint said:

Flying on a an airline will be much easier with a passport.

Please explain.  If they're under 16 (18?), they don't need to present ANY ID to get through security.  So how does having a passport make it "easier"? 

3 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Please explain.  If they're under 16 (18?), they don't need to present ANY ID to get through security.  So how does having a passport make it "easier"? 

They would need a passport if flying internationally, but not domestically.

3 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Granted, but PP didn't mention international flights just "flying on an airline".  

Not sure, but I'm guessing they meant flying home on a airline from an interrupted cruise.

I know the original question has been answered, but will add here any way a very recent example of why you may want to have a passport.  Of course each and every person needs to make their own decision on their need.

There were cruisers who were on the ships with delayed returns due to Dorian who decided they needed to fly home and not extend their cruise that were unable to because they did not have passports.  Does this happen regularly, no, but it just happened with multiple ships and saw the complaints about how horrible the cruise lines were to not let them leave because they didn't have a passport.

Edited by akcruz

Nothing has changed but always better to have passport. Just recently with Hurricane Dorian and ship could not come back to port. Some people needed to return but couldn’t fly home without passport. Years ago while on a cruise my Mom passed away I wanted to fly home immediately luckily we had our passports so I was able to fly home from Belize. Better safe then sorry! 

It saves a lot of time if your have a pass port and always keep mine updated. The thing many don't think about, yes on a closed loop cruise you probably won't need one, but it is for those unexpected circumstances where your cruise is interrupted and you need to re enter the US, it is there it will be required so better to have one. You may never encounter a situation in all the cruises you take but it only takes one time.

• Like 1